• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Desegrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Pokemon Desegrate (It's Back baby!)

logo.png

A hack of Pokemon Firered.
Introduction
dpiconani429.gif

So it's me, Nursebarbra, making my return to Rom-Hacking.
With me I bring Pokemon Desegrate, Something different to
the Old, Boring, Repetive hacks you've seen so far.
The hack itself is the spiritual sucessor to a now debunked
Pokemon Evanesce which kind of... Died.
The hack will also have several features which are new, such
as Chapter select for replaying your favorite parts of the main
story, Dungeons, Sidestories and much more!

Backstory
Bag_Journal_Sprite.png

Your story begins in the town of Lanat, a farming community based in the center of the region.
The Town is situated at the base of a mountain, providing sheilding from harsh light, as well as
a river for the fresh water. You, the helper working on your neighbours farm, are sent to retrive a
substance known as Hokna, a fertiliser, from the cave north of the village. Unfortunatly it isn't so
simple, and your curiousity sends you down a path you never dreamed of.

Features
Bag_Unown_Report_Sprite.png

- The Region of Kashiumi to explore!
- Be accompanied by GG, the Ghost girl with no memories of her past,
Joining you as your partner through the form of misdreavus.
- A Chapter based story that changes depending on your
choices as a player!
- Uncover the mysteries of the land!
- Dungeons and Gemkeepers! (how mysterious...)
- Optional and Unique Gyms!
- Unlockable and rare items via a password system!
- Fun sidequests for extra backstory!
- Discover the history of Platonic Labs, a mysterious lab
that's been uncovered to the north, abandoned for years...
-FANTABULASTIC NEW TILES! (Seriously they were a pain to insert, be excited)

Progress
Bag_Scanner_Sprite.png

Beta 1:
11/15 mapped - 6/10 tilesets
1/15 scripped
(It's a one man project here people! Don't be impatient!)

Screenshots
Bag_Silph_Scope_Sprite.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_14.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_17.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_18.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_21.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_24.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_13.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_11.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_08.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_05.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_04.png

These are just Mapshots as Scripting hasn't started, but as soon as it has they'll be replaced.
Videos
Bag_Teachy_TV_Sprite.png

None at the moment. But soon.

Updates
Bag_Up-Grade_Sprite.png

>Lanat Village Update:
>Return Update:
>New Screenshots: June 28th

Downloads
Bag_Coin_Case_Sprite.png

None yet...

Credits
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

See attatchments!

Attachments

• desegrate credits.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Years
Approved- but I'm afraid you're going to have to add credits for the artists of the tiles you used, even if there is about 50 people. You should be sure to keep track of the people who's tiles you use to avoid any potential accusations of theft.

Anyway, despite scripting not being started, the screens are pretty nice. Most of the tiles go very nicely with each other, so that's good. The story hints at something nice, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally vague and doesn't really tell me anything about what to expect or hope for from this hack- you should consider telling us a little bit more, story-wise. I know I say this to a lot of people and the last thing I want is for someone to reveal their storyline, thus taking away a potential 'wow' factor, but just a little bit more on that front would be good. :)

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Approved- but I'm afraid you're going to have to add credits for the artists of the tiles you used, even if there is about 50 people. You should be sure to keep track of the people who's tiles you use to avoid any potential accusations of theft.

Anyway, despite scripting not being started, the screens are pretty nice. Most of the tiles go very nicely with each other, so that's good. The story hints at something nice, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally vague and doesn't really tell me anything about what to expect or hope for from this hack- you should consider telling us a little bit more, story-wise. I know I say this to a lot of people and the last thing I want is for someone to reveal their storyline, thus taking away a potential 'wow' factor, but just a little bit more on that front would be good. :)
Thanks giradialkia, I have all the names of the people saved in a document somewhere, I'll include it with the .rar when I release the betas for it. As for the story, It's kind of going to be revealed in various ways, and posting anymore than that would really (like really) spoil a lot.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Some of the text is going off the CSS on my computer.

But this looks promising and the tiles you've chosen complement each other nicely. However, the tiles make the hero OW look kind of small in my opinion.

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Some of the text is going off the CSS on my computer.

But this looks promising and the tiles you've chosen complement each other nicely. However, the tiles make the hero OW look kind of small in my opinion.
Never fear good citizen. (always wanted to say that)
They're placeholder sprites for the moment because they'll be the last thing done and the thing I know least about.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I see here... a really nice combination of tiles; and the story I can't really comment on until I learn anything relevant :D

Good luck :)

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
Years
The screenshots look very promising, and the backstory sounds pretty daunting and unique.
Keep up the good work! :D

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
:Update:
March 12th 2012
429.gif
So I've gone and updated Lanat Village again...
429.gif

I feel that it now reflects it's farming community status more than the previous versions of it. (seen below)
[S-HIGHLIGHT]: Version 1 : Version 2 : Version 3 :[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I have to admit, the tiles are pretty amazing. I would like to see some more storyline though... The GG thing seems pretty interesting. But until then, good luck on your "something big".

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
everything looks great so far hope you succeed in completing this i wish you luck and can tell why it was a pain the tiles look great!! You have my support^^

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Are you still working on this nursebarbara?
Im really instrested in this, i think its the tiles that really intrest me.
You could work on the story abit but its not to bad.
Im keen for a beta so lets just hope ur still hacking lol as u havnt posted any updates in a while..

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Version 3 is definitely an improvement, I hope you are still working on this since I believe it will turn out to be a great hack. I like the tiles and storyline changes are really my thing!
Anyways, good luck on the project.

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Hiii!

Love the story and screenshots!

How's the game coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back