• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Persona Challenge

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022

The Persona Challenge
2urovao.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, feast your eyes on the mighty Persona challenge! This challenge is best off of the Persona series, A fantastic rpg series that's a spin off of the Shin Megami Tensei series. In these games, the characters use entities called "Persona", which are assigned one of the 22 Major Arcana of the Tarot Deck. This is the basis for this challenge!
Rules:

• First take this personality quiz http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Cirrus/which-major-arcana-tarot-card-are-you/ (If you dont get your percentages for other results, try refreshing the page)
    Okay, take the top six results you have, these will make your pokemon team. Each arcana corresponds to a type (Except the World/Universe, Judgement/Aeon, Moon, and Hierophant. These have two types, you must use a pokemon with both of these types)
0. The Fool = Normal
1. The Magician = Fire
2. The Priestess = Water
3. The Empress = Ice
4. The Emperor = Electric
5. The Hierophant= Water/Psychic
6. The Lovers = Grass
7. The Chariot = Ground
8. The Justice = Steel
9. The Hermit = Psychic
10. The Wheel of Fortune = Flying
11. The Strength = Fighting
12. The Hanged Man = Poison
13. The Death = Ghost
14. The Temperance = Bug
15. The Devil = Dark
16. The Tower = Rock
17. The Star = Fairy
18. The Moon= Fairy/Flying
19. The Sun = Dragon
20. The Judgement/Aeon = Steel/Ground
21. The World/Universe = Grass/Poison
(If you get Star or Moon, but Fairy is not available, you can use Pokemon who will eventually become fairy type)

• When you sign up, you must list your types and your game, another user will make your team (Persona is still Shin Megami Tensei, so we can have it too easy XD)

• Hm slaves are permitted if necessary

• Hacking and Trading are permitted if needed to obtain a pokemon early on or to evolve a pokemon

• Challenge is over when you defeat the champion (Kanto , Ruby/Sapphire, Sinnoh, BW2, Kalos), Red (Johto), Stephen (Emerald) or Alder (Black/White)

• Have Fun! (And as a little note, im pretty lenient with the teams on this challenge, if you'd like to swap out a pokemon for another, that's totally fine)
*Optional Social Link Rule for Ultimate Challengers- Whatever Pokemon you use most during your game, that Arcana's Social Link is now maxed, and you can pick the next games Pokemon for that Arcana. This can be considered your Ultimate Persona. For example, lets say I use m Death Arcana Pokemon Cofagrigous the most in Black, now in every game I play after that, I can pick my Death Arcana Pokemon instead of having it assigned. And this stacks with all of the Arcana, so by your last game you can pick your entire team!

Special thanks to †Dementia† for creative assistance and for the wonderful background

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers: (Play one game for every region)
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions: These are challengers who have conquered all of life's hardships and obtained all of their Ultimate Persona
Spoiler:

Here is My sign Up form
Name: Atmageth
Game: Blaze Black
Types: Ghost, Water, Dragon, Fire, Flying, and Normal [/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Assuming Blaze Black 2 has all Pokémon in it, here's your team xD
429.gif
211.gif
621.gif
500.gif
142.gif
206.gif

I used a random generator to draw your team btw :X

And here's my sign-up:

Username: †Dementia†
Game: SoulSilver
Arcana: Empress, Sun, Fool, Death, Lovers, Emperor
Types: Ice, Dragon, Normal, Ghost, Grass, Electric

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Assuming Blaze Black 2 has all Pokémon in it, here's your team xD
429.gif
211.gif
621.gif
500.gif
142.gif
206.gif

I used a random generator to draw your team btw :X

And here's my sign-up:

Username: †Dementia†
Game: SoulSilver
Arcana: Empress, Sun, Fool, Death, Lovers, Emperor
Types: Ice, Dragon, Normal, Ghost, Grass, Electric

Ok first of all, im really sorry, my emulators giving me issues. Could you give me another team for regular Black? You can keep the ones that I can already get.
And your team is: Mamoswine, Kingdra (Dragonite if you cant trade), Girafarig, Gengar (Haunter if you cant trade), Bellossom, and Lanturn

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Ok first of all, im really sorry, my emulators giving me issues. Could you give me another team for regular Black? You can keep the ones that I can already get.
And your team is: Mamoswine, Kingdra (Dragonite if you cant trade), Girafarig, Gengar (Haunter if you cant trade), Bellossom, and Lanturn

How about this then?

609.gif
537.gif
621.gif
500.gif
561.gif
531.gif
?

As for the team you gave me, I can't trade and I'm not particularly fond of any of those Pokémon, maybe except Bellossom >.> but Imma give it a try I guess... one day, when I get to it >.> my list of challenges is huge and tbh this team doesn't motivate me enough to throw the challenge on the top of my priority list xD but I'll try :X

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
Username Ceral456
Game: Diamond
Types: Electric Rock Water Fighting Ghost Fire

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
How about this then?

609.gif
537.gif
621.gif
500.gif
561.gif
531.gif
?

As for the team you gave me, I can't trade and I'm not particularly fond of any of those Pokémon, maybe except Bellossom >.> but Imma give it a try I guess... one day, when I get to it >.> my list of challenges is huge and tbh this team doesn't motivate me enough to throw the challenge on the top of my priority list xD but I'll try :X

Spoiler:
I have no problem making another team for you if you'd like, Im finding it enjoyable to make them. And if its ok with you id like to swap out Chandelure, Ive never been a fan of fire types so having two of them is gonna irk me XD, would it be ok with you if i used Cofagrigus?

Username Ceral456
Types: Electric Rock Water Fighting Ghost Fire

Ok your team is:
Luxray, Rampardos, Gastrodon, Toxicroak, Drifblim, Rapidash

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I have no problem making another team for you if you'd like, Im finding it enjoyable to make them. And if its ok with you id like to swap out Chandelure, Ive never been a fan of fire types so having two of them is gonna irk me XD, would it be ok with you if i used Cofagrigus?

Ok your team is:
Luxray, Rampardos, Gastrodon, Toxicroak, Drifblim, Rapidash
Aaaaaw Dx no love for Chandelure xD sure, go ahead and use the coffin xD

And well, just let me swap Mamoswine for Glaceon (will use a randomizer to change Chikorita into Glaceon in the starters roster since I cant trade xD so I'd get a level 5 Glaceon as a starter and the rival would still have the type advantage. And just swap Girafarig for something else I guess. Cause that's one creepy pokemon x.x

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Aaaaaw Dx no love for Chandelure xD sure, go ahead and use the coffin xD

And well, just let me swap Mamoswine for Glaceon (will use a randomizer to change Chikorita into Glaceon in the starters roster since I cant trade xD so I'd get a level 5 Glaceon as a starter and the rival would still have the type advantage. And just swap Girafarig for something else I guess. Cause that's one creepy pokemon x.x

I love Chandelure! But i literally just used it several times in other playthroughs, but at the same time i despise Emboar with a passion! Maybe ill swap him out instead, i have no problem using two ghost types, so how about Ursaring instead of Girafarig?

Name: Janp
Game: Blaze Black
Types: Dragon, Fighting, Rock, Grass, Normal, Electric

OK, you get
Kindra, Medicham, Rhydon (Rhyperior if you can somehow evolve), Shiftry, Ursaring, and Zebstrika

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I really shouldn't, but I'm going to try to do a lot of challenges this year (and complete them) so the sooner I start the better, I hope.

Name: Buzz Buzz
Game: Sacred Gold
Types: Water, Grass, Normal, Dark, Ghost and Fire

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I love Chandelure! But i literally just used it several times in other playthroughs, but at the same time i despise Emboar with a passion! Maybe ill swap him out instead, i have no problem using two ghost types, so how about Ursaring instead of Girafarig?

How about I use Raticate? never used one tbh xD

I really shouldn't, but I'm going to try to do a lot of challenges this year (and complete them) so the sooner I start the better, I hope.

Name: Buzz Buzz
Game: Sacred Gold
Types: Water, Grass, Normal, Dark, Ghost and Fire

How about this team?

121.gif
189.gif
289.gif
359.gif
478.gif
323.gif
?

EDIT: randomized a SoulSilver ROM to remove trade evolutions, allowing me to use both Kingdra AND Gengar and swapped Chikorita for Glaceon in the starters roster.
here's the change log

Last edited:

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
How about I use Raticate? never used one tbh xD

How about this team?

121.gif
189.gif
289.gif
359.gif
478.gif
323.gif
?

EDIT: randomized a SoulSilver ROM to remove trade evolutions, allowing me to use both Kingdra AND Gengar and swapped Chikorita for Glaceon in the starters roster.
here's the change log

I have no problem with you using Raticate, can i swap out Audino for Sawsbuck?

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Name: masoncasey1
Types: Normal, Fire, Rock, Electric, Water, Ghost

Ok, your team is Girafarig, Rapidash, Golem (Graveler if you can't trade), Electrode(Luxray if you can't trade), Lumineon, and Froslass

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
I can trade but can I use Luxray so I don't just have geodude before the first gym?

Sure! I was just trying to vary the teams a bit, Diamond doesnt have alot of type variety XD, and if you run into an issue with a particular pokemon, let me know and ill switch it out with something else, have fun!

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: Flawless Platinum (Normal)
Types: Dark, Normal, Ghost, Ice, Grass, Flying

Last edited:
Back