• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Map-Off [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Map Title: Ice Icle City
Description: A cold town in the south. It was recently flooded, and now all the remaining floodwater is frozen, which explains the large amount of ice.
Credits: Frozen Rom Base(Neti, dshayabusa, Fangking Omega) And Lu-ho (for A-Map).
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Map Title: PC2011
Description: A simple 2011 look that has grass and signposts saying 2011
Credits: Myself and who ever made Advance Map and Pokemon Firered
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Map Title: Rural pass
Description: many events happen here, which is why the cave is blocked off at first, there is that one rock off to the side, and there are so many little loops. The flowers at the top of the map lead into a forest. Yes the two is backwards on purpose.
Credits: JH, ozmas corp, kyledove, Jiggly, lu-ho, and me
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
ok whew.
Map Title: New Ice Path
Description:
Due to the left sides blockage, people tried to cross the rightside before the bridge was built causing all those holes and fractures.
Trainers come up this math to reach the sumbit for the "New Years Safari Capture", some rare Pokémon are aviable during this time causing the lack of grass in the upper right (Traffic, lol).
Credits: Frozen ROM Base , Advanced Map
Mapshot:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If anyone is still thinking of participating, please let us know.
We're thinking of starting to judge the maps today.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Map Title: Neveolia Town
Description: a quiet peaceful town covered in snow
Credits: Frozen rombase
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Map Title: Winter Wonderland
Description: Not much to really say here, as this map's not going to be used for anything.
Credits: Whoever made these Snow Tiles.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Note: The Pokéballs aren't overworlds. They're actual tiles from the tileset I used.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Map Title: Zeigen Channel
Description: Well ..umm, since I've been pretty late starting off things, I decided to use a map from my very first hack with a few modifications of course. This map was made two years ago by me. It's supposed to be a kind of gap between two contrasting islands, with contrasting climatic features as you can see. The reason itself is supposed to be very unique. Once a single island, the region was split up by a raging battle between legendary pokemon. Hence, it's supposed to be like a gap, not a complete abyss.
Credits: Ozumas, Xiros, Alistair, Saurav.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Note: I've included everything in the description. :/

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Alright, the judges: (Me, Regeneration and Zeffy) are gonna start judging the maps. Sorry, time's up. We have chosen the best 10 maps, and will start judging those maps now. Later, Regeneration (if he wants) can tell you guys whose maps have been chosen.

...That will be all for now.

Years
Okay people, after the first phase of judging the Top 10 maps have been selected. They were made by:

1. Ninja Caterpie
2. Kip
3. altariaking
4. Zadow
5. DrFuji
6. Spherical Ice
7. Hack Deoxys
8. sab
9. Cilerba
10. Binary

Congratulations to the Top 10! You shall all receive participant emblems and the others who weren't able to make it to the Top 10 will also receive them. XD

We have already proceeded with further judging and I shall post the results as soon as possible.
Keep on a lookout~!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
We might be able to post the results today, it depends. Probably tomorrow though, so stay tuned.
And don't worry, everyone will receive an emblem for participating, whether they got on that list or not.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Best of luck to all the contstants (including myself) to make it into the top 10. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Years
So, I finally have what you've all been waiting for~

The Third position goes to:
emb3rd.png

Spoiler:

The second postition goes to:
emb2nd.png

Spoiler:

The first position goes to:
emb1st.png

Spoiler:

Congratulations to the winners!!! You shall soon receive your emblems!

And too all the rest of our participants, you shall receive an emblem too!
embpart.png

If you wish to know your scores, do contact me via a PM.

As a final note, a thank you to all who entered. This event couldn't have been as successful as it was if it wasn't for you guys!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Just as Mervyn said, we are all glad that you helped make this event successful, and that we hoped you all enjoyed it.

Congratulations to the winners, those maps were awesome!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Congrats to the winners! I may not be one of them but all that means is that I have to try harder next time.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey look I came 3rd/4th, Yay! XD;
I'm pretty surprised actually. I should've really spared time for a map.
..and I really thought some other people were going to place. Everyone made excellent maps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back