• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?

Erm...Sabrina or Tate and Lisa. It's a tie!

Sabrina:
I just love my Pokemon Red Version...and the gym leaders. Hence, Sabrina is in the top. Plus, I remember watching an episode of the anime 'Haunter vs. Kadabra.' I've seen very few episodes of the english anime(Fowl Play, Haunter Vs. Kadabra, B/W Tepig Catch Episode, D/P Episode where Murkrow steals Ash's gym badges...that's like all of them.) I liked her anime character, which is unusual, because I usually hate the anime.

Tate and Lisa:
Do these guys count? I mean...it's two gym leaders. And that's why I liked about them. For one, I thought it was cool how their battle was a double battle. For two, they supplied me a challenge...so when I finally beat them, I felt lucky and victorious. DId I mention the double battle?

(I want to post a picture, but I am a terrible artist.)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Gardevoir seems to be pretty popular, so I made this userbar.

1330155230.png
1330155231.gif

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Woops, I've uploaded next week's file a bit early ^_^'. My bad. Don't worry, Lugia's gonna be the PotW#2 and the question would also be the same. But all that after a few hours :).

@Flubbateios- your answer is correct, but I'm reuploading the correct file, so the question will revert back to the previous one. But don't worry, I'll credit you as the answerer after the new week starts.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Omg, please don't go on a Psystrike. Please, just practice Calm Mind.

And Flubbateios, I'd appreciate it if you get those pics down and post them tomorrow. Otherwise if I gave you the +5 point bonus for them it'd lead to confusion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name- AlexOzzyCake
Starter- Bubbles the Bronzor
Reason for joining- Psychic types offer a unique fighting style in the majority of cases. With hard hitting moves such as Psychic and Psycho Cut with some interesting secondary effects, Psychic types really are built to hit hard. But then taking into account moves such as Rest, Calm Mind and Imprison, there are some very interesting strategies starting to form! It's possible for most Psychic types to be used either offensively or defensively (other than a few such as Alakazam) and this isn't something you find in most typings; this is why I love them!
Referred by- Olli97

I'd answer the current topic but it's very hard to tell what it actually is... So I'll pick a random one from the front page! The strongest Psychic type Pokemon is probably Mewtwo... Just based on stats and moves :p Although not taking into account ubers, I'd go with Bronzong. It can pack a punch whilst outlasting enemies with Toxic and using its great resistances and power to deal some devastating and lasting damage. Reuniclus (spelling?) also deserves a mention though, that thing has some huge bulk and attack capabilities!

Years
Name- AlexOzzyCake
Starter- Bubbles the Bronzor
Reason for joining- Psychic types offer a unique fighting style in the majority of cases. With hard hitting moves such as Psychic and Psycho Cut with some interesting secondary effects, Psychic types really are built to hit hard. But then taking into account moves such as Rest, Calm Mind and Imprison, there are some very interesting strategies starting to form! It's possible for most Psychic types to be used either offensively or defensively (other than a few such as Alakazam) and this isn't something you find in most typings; this is why I love them!
Referred by- Olli97

I'd answer the current topic but it's very hard to tell what it actually is... So I'll pick a random one from the front page! The strongest Psychic type Pokemon is probably Mewtwo... Just based on stats and moves :p Although not taking into account ubers, I'd go with Bronzong. It can pack a punch whilst outlasting enemies with Toxic and using its great resistances and power to deal some devastating and lasting damage. Reuniclus (spelling?) also deserves a mention though, that thing has some huge bulk and attack capabilities!

I agree with you, Reuniclus is a beast on Trick Room teams. It may be naturally slow but once you set up a Trick Room that thing can sweep unprepared opponents.

Some other Psychics I'd give a mention to:

Gothitelle - It may not look that bulky but it has awesome Sp. Def with Defense and Sp. Atk backing it up. It's great at setting up with things like Toxic to wear down walls, Calm Mind to increase its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, Heal Block to prevent the opponent from healing with held items, Magic Room to disable the effects of held items, Thunder Wave to paralyze the opponent and Flatter to confuse.

Beheeyem - Another hard-hitter on Trick Room teams, making a good partner with Reuniclus.

Mewtwo - Because everyone says it is awesome.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, AlexOzzCake! Thanks for joining, I hope you have a good time here.

Reuniclus is definitely a real powerhouse. Trick Room Reuniclus is very effective, but IMO the most dominant set is the Calm Mind set. A 252 HP/252 Def Bold Reuniclus can easily set up multiple Calm Minds, Recover the damage and doesn't care about status.

Another underrated Psychic threat is SubCM (Substitute + Calm Mind) Latias. I use a Specs Latias in my Volt-turn Rain team, but I was thinking of substituting it with SubCM.
Userbars :D

Bad quality userbars, i know :(

Sorry, but I don't really like these. I yourself have admitted that they're not up to the mark. From now on I'm only going to approve userbars that're really good. So next time emphasize quality over quantity. I hope you understand.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Welcome to the club, AlexOzzCake! Thanks for joining, I hope you have a good time here.

Reuniclus is definitely a real powerhouse. Trick Room Reuniclus is very effective, but IMO the most dominant set is the Calm Mind set. A 252 HP/252 Def Bold Reuniclus can easily set up multiple Calm Minds, Recover the damage and doesn't care about status.

Another underrated Psychic threat is SubCM (Substitute + Calm Mind) Latias. I use a Specs Latias in my Volt-turn Rain team, but I was thinking of substituting it with SubCM.

Sorry, but I don't really like these. I yourself have admitted that they're not up to the mark. From now on I'm only going to approve userbars that're really good. So next time emphasize quality over quantity. I hope you understand.
Lol yes i know, i made them because i was bored. But the top one is the best, you can use that one. Also, what do you use for making userbars?

I made some new userbars, hopefully better than the extremely failed ones that i made in one second.

And a more failed one:

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Well, this is a bit off-topic. I'm in my uncle's house and they don't have Photoshop, GIMP or even internet in their PC (if you can call it that) and I don't feel like putting any new software in that piece of crap. So most of the time I'm using online tools and some image editing apps in my smartphones. I also use CSS to overlay images.

And sorry but I don't really like the top one of the four either :(. Please don't mind.

New topic for discussion-

Which Pokemon do you think should or shouldn't be Psychic type?

I think staryu should be Psychic type. If Starmie is part Psychic, why not Staryu? They're both basically just starfish. Also I don't think Solrock should be Psychic. It's better suited as Fire/Rock (bad typing, but at least Levitate would rid it of its horrible 4x Ground weakness).

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Well, this is a bit off-topic. I'm in my uncle's house and they don't have internet in their PC (if you can call it that). So most of the time I'm using online tools and some image editing apps in my smartphones. I also use CSS to overlay images.

And sorry but I don't really like the 1st one either :(. Please don't mind.

I think staryu should be Psychic type. If Starmie is part Psychic, why not Staryu? They're both basically just starfish. Also I don't think Solrock should be Psychic. It's better suited as Fire/Rock (bad typing, but at least Levitate would rid it of its horrible 4x Ground weakness).

Aww. I think the first one is pretty cute, and it fills the userbar. Espeon and Mew are CUTE! Oh, and i don't think Woobat and Swoobat should be Psychic type. Just stay with the Flying/Poison, thanks!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
★ Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
Mewtwo
★ Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
Lugia
★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
Sabrina
PotW pics :
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Sorry, Avishka. It's Sunday all over the world now and Psionic's week#2 has started. But don't worry, you're still gonna get the regular 5 points for each image.

Btw, the last pic is quite cute ^_^. A bit strange, but nice.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

This one is pretty hard, since I really wanted Lugia to be part Water type, but while discussing it in another club, we couldn't seem to agree on which type that should've gone down, so it's not that it should lose its Psychic type, but more the possibility of it losing either that typing, or the Flying type. Looking at Lugia, though, I don't see much Psychic type over it, as it's mostly distinguished as some kind of bird and therefore the Flying typing is obviously what you'd recognize Lugia as, and even if it was to become a Water type, it wouldn't be so evident either if you were just looking at its design.

Other than that, I guess maybe Wynaut and Wobbuffet? They aren't really distinguishable as Psychic types, they don't remind me of it either and GOOD GOD! Aren't Psychic types supposed to be at just the least bit intelligent, because that is nothing near what Wobbuffet is >_<
Either way, I think it should've been closer to a fighting type I:

Other than that I don't really have anything.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
This one is pretty hard, since I really wanted Lugia to be part Water type, but while discussing it in another club, we couldn't seem to agree on which type that should've gone down, so it's not that it should lose its Psychic type, but more the possibility of it losing either that typing, or the Flying type. Looking at Lugia, though, I don't see much Psychic type over it, as it's mostly distinguished as some kind of bird and therefore the Flying typing is obviously what you'd recognize Lugia as, and even if it was to become a Water type, it wouldn't be so evident either if you were just looking at its design.

Other than that, I guess maybe Wynaut and Wobbuffet? They aren't really distinguishable as Psychic types, they don't remind me of it either and GOOD GOD! Aren't Psychic types supposed to be at just the least bit intelligent, because that is nothing near what Wobbuffet is >_<
Either way, I think it should've been closer to a fighting type I:

Other than that I don't really have anything.
Lol, Wobbuffet has the anatomy of a computer chair.http://www.jhallcomics.com/pokemon/index.php?comicid=304

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
wow. welcome new members! :)

How could anyone forget Metagross? He is a pretty strong Pokemon, and very strong. He's like so strong, and he's so cool and strong and he (rant rant)

Seriously, Metagross is one hell of an awesome Pokemon. Look, despite his obvious lack of psychic attacks, he make it up with awesome physical attacks! Ain't that just awesome.

I SEVERELY THINK THAT GOLDUCK SHOUDL BE PSYCHIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back