• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: A document on Fire Red voice groups and the instruments they play.

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
hey is it possible to make a custom voice group because my midi contains all the instruments but some voice groups doesn't contain for example in the offset 0x49C0F4 it contains
17 - Percussive Organ
24 - Acoustic Guitar Nylon
45 - Pizzicato Strings
48 - Strings
60 - French Horn
73 - Flute
80 - Square
81 - Sawtooth
and my midi contains all but no (french horn) and i want to replace it with (gunshot) because my midi has this instrument sorry for bad English

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
These are helpful but with sappy mod 15 you can edit voicegroups so you dont need to change your instruments.

PokeBunny

Pokemon Game Maker
Years
This is very great but... look, I don't hear these: (trust me, I know what I hear)
-Choir oohs
-Fretless base
-Charang (yeah, I know what it is)
-Chiff (only is RSE)
-Calliope (only in Pokemon BW)
-Pads
-Electric grand
-Acoustic guitar nylon
-Distortion guitar
-Guitar fret noise
-Lead 5ths
-Voice
-Helicopter
-Accordian
-Marimba
-Base+lead
-Pan flute

Also, one of the synth bases is not a synth base (the one in Little Root Town;Pokemon Center in FireRed)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
This is very great but... look, I don't hear these: (trust me, I know what I hear)
-Choir oohs
-Fretless base
-Charang (yeah, I know what it is)
-Chiff (only is RSE)
-Calliope (only in Pokemon BW)
-Pads
-Electric grand
-Acoustic guitar nylon
-Distortion guitar
-Guitar fret noise
-Lead 5ths
-Voice
-Helicopter
-Accordian
-Marimba
-Base+lead
-Pan flute

Also, one of the synth bases is not a synth base (the one in Little Root Town;Pokemon Center in FireRed)

Some instruments are never used. A fellow hacker and I discovered that DPPt has every single Gen III soundtrack. This means that the Littleroot Town music is in there, too. I don't think that I've ever heard it, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
So can anyone tell me what the voicegroup for Verdanturf town is? I've tried all the ones that seem like they would be right to me, but all of them result in the piano getting replaced with drums...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Can you list for Emerald too? If someone already made the Emerald list, just reply a link to me. Thanks. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Great stuff! Both me and the co-creator of my hack are musicians, and it just occured to me that inserting midi's is possible. This spawns so many ideas. Cheers.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Some instruments are never used. A fellow hacker and I discovered that DPPt has every single Gen III soundtrack. This means that the Littleroot Town music is in there, too. I don't think that I've ever heard it, though.

I know this post is super old, but that's a complete myth. Sure, the games have a track called "SEQ_TEST_TITLE" but that doesn't mean that every single gen 3 song is in gen 4 and with gen 4 sounds. I'm not sure who you heard this from, but that person is either lying or just assumed.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I know this post is super old, but that's a complete myth. Sure, the games have a track called "SEQ_TEST_TITLE" but that doesn't mean that every single gen 3 song is in gen 4 and with gen 4 sounds. I'm not sure who you heard this from, but that person is either lying or just assumed.

That "fellow hacker" was you lmao

CoolGamer920

Pikachu!!!
Years

Ive found the title screen music for Gen III

Its listed as 0003 in the ripped files of HGSS DPPT

Shorthorn Studios

Edgewurth
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
You can put normally up to 5 midi instruments they say on gba roms. I did it and succeeded with 6 in sappy.

Back