• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Forum Rearrangement

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
In light of the recent changes, I'd reorganise the forums.

Official Forums
Community Announcements
PokéCommunity Questions & Feedback
The Welcome Lounge

Staff/Supporter Stuff

Pokémon Gaming Generations
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Fifth Generation Gaming
Fourth Generation Gaming
Advance Generation Gaming
Metal & Color Generation Gaming

Pokémon Gaming Center
Pokémon Gaming Central
Trade Corner
Battle Center
Challenges
Spinoff Games

Alternative Pokémon Discussions
Pokémon General
Pokémon Anime
Pokémon Clubs
Pokémon Trivia
Pokémon Trading Card Game

Creative Discussions
Art & Design
Fan Fiction and Writing
Roleplay Corner
Emulation & ROM Hacking
Game Development

Entertainment & Hobbies
General Entertainment
Technology & Internet
Video Games
Fan Clubs & Groups

Off-Topic Discussions
Chit Chat & Polls
Discussions & Debates
Forum Games

In relation to the Pokémon-based changes; I do like the current layout and it makes sense for the 'Current Generation' section, but I've never understood why the rest were lumped together in General Gaming. It seems a lot neater to me to have all of the generations in one place for easy access and to have the other interactive/discussion aspects of the games together in one place. (Sorry Syd ;p)

As for the non-Pokémon based sections; seven forums in Off-Topic Discussions really does seem like too much. I'd prefer for them to go back to how they were, but perhaps with moving Fan Clubs & Groups into the Entertainment/Hobbies section? To me, Entertainment always seemed like a section to discuss your interests and passions whereas Off-Topic discussions is more for chat/debates, so it feels like Fan Clubs & Groups is more relevant as an Entertainment/Hobby-based section. It'll get rid of the recent huge clutter in Off-Topic Discussions (though I'm sure this is already being looked into) and I see it as where everything belongs.

Of course this is just my thoughts and the layout won't be perfect at first, so criticise away!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I like this. It fixes the clutter that is the new Off-Topic section.

Hobbies is broad enough to encompass anything, and Entertainment covers the rest. I have Off-Topic collapsed now (and I love Off-Topic...) because it's just horribly cluttered.

So a +1 to you, sir.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The main idea behind the Current Gen forums is having the Battle Center and Trade Corner always near the latest games because they are always relevant regardless of the generation, and it's useful to have them as close to the top as possible instead of Red & Blue which were amazing games back in the day but have little activity left.

About the offtopic/hobbies thing, I so agree so much so badly :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
The new change in Off-Topic Discussions is a mess, so hopefully that'll get looked over / fixed. To be honest, the change kind of surprised me because it seemed perfectly fine the way it was before. However, I do like the idea of moving Clubs & Groups there and making it an Entertainment & Hobbies category. That's a neat idea.

About the Pokémon Categories, Wolflare had a REALLY good set up the last time this was brought up that I think would be a suitable and appropriate change.

I would rather use the following format that's similar to Nick's:

General Pokemon Gaming Discussions
- Pokemon Gaming Central
- Challenges
- Trade Corner
- Battle Center

Pokemon Game Specific Discussions
- Pokemon X & Pokemon Y
- Fifth Generation Games
- Fourth Generation Games
- Third Generation Games Advanced Generation Gaming
- First & Second Generation Games Metal & Color Generation Gaming
- Spinoff Games

All of the forums that aren't specific to certain Pokemon games are grouped together at the top. The Wi-Fi sections are seen first before the Pokemon game forums, which means that we may see less people post in game-specific forums about trading, battling, team help, etc. To me, it makes more sense to place the "general" forums before the more specific ones. I find that this is the most organized and straightforward version; it's simply general game forums + individual game forums. Additionally, the name "Current Generation Pokemon Gaming" can be misleading, as it implies that all of the forums in the section are only for the current generation. Both TC and BC include all of the past generations (though, TC mostly focuses on the games that are capable of Wi-Fi trading), so they can be considered past generation as well. PGC and Challenges are just as current as TC and BC.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I agree with the Entertainment and Hobbies thing. Not keen on rearranging the Pokemon gaming forums, but hey, that's no secret of mine. I don't think I'll ever be. But it makes more sense to keep the current generation games with the Trade Corner and Battle Center. And keep the lesser active older gaming forums together, like Adv, M/C, and Spinoffs. Also, I don't like the idea of my forums being spread out. I have five. They have been spread out before, long ago. And that wasn't fun. lol

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
@Arrangement of Off-Topic Discussions: I was also somewhat surprised that Off-Topic Discussions and Entertainment Discussions were merged together, but it seems fine as it is. Though, if any changes are to be made, I would personally love if 'Entertainment & Hobbies' was made a thing because it seems more appropriate to group those irl-types of things (media, hobbies, etc) together apart from the discussion/chatter-related forums.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Yay! Entertainment & Hobbies was adopted! Goodiebeans!

Off-Topic is pretty again :) and much more organized!

Back