• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2023
ok, i've got to the hall of fame, but when the game restarted i saw that the sav file was deleted, why did that happen, that was like a 20h save file :'(
i've still got a sav file from the point where you can choose to join team earth...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ok, i've got to the hall of fame, but when the game restarted i saw that the sav file was deleted, why did that happen, that was like a 20h save file :'(
i've still got a sav file from the point where you can choose to join team earth...
Have you tried to save by in-game option? If that doesn't work then your save type is wrong and you will be forced to restart :(
If you can save normally in-game then this is very weird...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2016
Okay so I go that done and beat the game on the good storyline, I have three of the pieces of the ruby of destiny, and I've captured the dragons as well as Ho-Oh....
Now can SOMEONE tell me:

A, how to get to the whirl islands, and the town beyond,

B, if there is ANYHTING I can do in the gento region as all the doors are closed.

C, if I can do anything about the Keldeo I found which does not react to me,

And D, if I can do anything with Ilex forest and the island under gento.
A. You can go to Whirl Islands only after you trigger an event at Mount Krystal, then speak to a person near Silkwind Town.

B. There's nothing that can be done in Gento, beside getting a RD fragment.

C. Weird, you should've been able to do "something" with Keldeo if you're already collecting RD fragments.

D. Ilex Forest is only for Ho-Oh capturing, there's nothing else you can do there. Same goes for that island.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2023
Have you tried to save by in-game option? If that doesn't work then your save type is wrong and you will be forced to restart :(
If you can save normally in-game then this is very weird...

i play the game on my iphone with gpsphone and use state saves with that (much quicker than normal saves), and tried it also in-game before the hale of fame and the same thing happend, but i could solve that with an old state save file but after the hale of fame you are forced to restart the game and it just deleted my save file and i was stupid enough to make a state save after the game saved for the last time...

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys, I'm currently at the end of the main story where you have to fight the lv80 pokemon that took control of Giratina and I manage to beat it quite easily. However once the credits roll and the game saves I go to load up the save file so I can do the post game story and it says that my save file is corrupted, and it loads me back up to where I last saved. What can I do to fix this?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey guys, I'm currently at the end of the main story where you have to fight the lv80 pokemon that took control of Giratina and I manage to beat it quite easily. However once the credits roll and the game saves I go to load up the save file so I can do the post game story and it says that my save file is corrupted, and it loads me back up to where I last saved. What can I do to fix this?
You used save states and not the in-game save, didn't you?

Cyclone

Years
Love this hack DJG! I do have a question :After beating the game for the first time, can you go back and play the other story lines?
For example, if I beat the game on normal mode, can I go back and do the good storyline/mode on that same save?
I don't think this glitch has been mentioned, but after if you run around in the area where Rino and Zoey are(after the plane crash, with the two red trees) you will encounter wild ?????????? that only give 1 exp.
Also, maybe it's just me, but the song for rain leaf town distinctly reminds me of the forest in Dark Cloud 2.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
i downloaded i have a major glitch that wont allow me to continue. when jimmy is talking to you beforyour third battle woth him the camera panned away from are sprites facing facing each other i battle regularly then he kept talking and left. i saved then i closed my emulator thinking it was an error with the emulator i go back to the game and its the same please help. also i am speeder so i had the space bar pressed which is my fast forward button thanks in advandce

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Love this hack DJG! I do have a question :After beating the game for the first time, can you go back and play the other story lines?
For example, if I beat the game on normal mode, can I go back and do the good storyline/mode on that same save?
Nope, that's not possible...

i downloaded i have a major glitch that wont allow me to continue. when jimmy is talking to you beforyour third battle woth him the camera panned away from are sprites facing facing each other i battle regularly then he kept talking and left. i saved then i closed my emulator thinking it was an error with the emulator i go back to the game and its the same please help. also i am speeder so i had the space bar pressed which is my fast forward button thanks in advandce
Oh yeah, this again... try to leave the map (preferable try to reach the city), camera should work correctly after you enter some building.

Years
I don't think this glitch has been mentioned, but after if you run around in the area where Rino and Zoey are(after the plane crash, with the two red trees) you will encounter wild ?????????? that only give 1 exp.
Also, maybe it's just me, but the song for rain leaf town distinctly reminds me of the forest in Dark Cloud 2.
Thats why savestates are for. I played all the story branches through them at the same time too haa haa :cool:

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
a couple questions:
1. how do i get mirage tower to apear again?
2. how do i get the "heava simbol"?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
can anyone answer why can't i open LoG rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
I need help getting through lost shadow. I've already encountered giratina and shaymin and went to the future now what?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
can anyone answer why can't i open LoG rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."
Open up a copy in a hex editor and change the header back to what it is in a vanilla Ruby ROM- near as I can tell, all the structures are in the same place, so this is all you need to do. Alternatively, open up romdata.ini and append the following:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back