• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Seek & Destroy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Well I made this team a while back, around the time of suspect testing round 2. It peaked at 37 on the ladder so I figured I'd bring it out of retirement to see how well it would fare at this point in the metagame. Turns out, even with all the changes, it still performs like a well oiled machine, but I feel it could be better. So to you, the good team raters of The Pokecommunity, I present: Team Seek & Destroy (Ver. I have no Idea really)

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Double Chop
- Fire Blast
---
I want to start off by saying this is not a gimmick. Garhomp is such a reliable lead and easily wins matchups against more common leads like Tyranitar, Metagross and Heatran. Double Chop breaks Focus Sashes (i.e. Ninjask, other gimmicky things) and Sturdy, Fire Blast handles Forretress and Ferrothorn handily. Earthquake is obvious STAB. If I feel their lead beats mine, I switch to the appropriate check or counter and let them do what they do best. No trouble with this guy as of now so I highly suggest that he stays on my team.

Spr_b_5b_368.png

Gorebyss @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait : Swift Swim / Hydration
Evs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, - Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---
Originally Starmie, I replaced our good friend the star with my little pony shrimp thing because I needed something that was quick, but hit alot harder. Looking through the list of available mons, Gorebyss came to mind. With Shell Smash doubling her already massive attack, I knew I had what I was looking for. Hydro Pump is obviously my primary STAB. Its so strong after a Shell Smash, its not even funny, as it can then OHKO even things that resist the attack (lol Slowbro). Ice beam is for grassers , and Hidden power fire smash around the steel plant thing we know as Ferrothorn. I bring this gal out mid game, usually when my opponent has switched a water type into Terrakion, if I predict a switch its pretty much game over with.

Spr_b_5b_479W.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
---
This is my primary revenge killer, for stuff like Gyarados and also another water resist which I need. He also beats Excadrill, because it can basically only rock slide it and hope for three turns of flinches. I outspeed non scarf Landorus as well as +1 Gyarados. Trick can screw up walls and is also great in situations where limiting something to a single move choice makes it near useless, like Thundurus.

Spr_b_5b_212_f.png

Scizor @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
---
This is a Reuniclus and general Rock type/ Psychic type "check" so to say. It can also scout and revenge kill when needed. No9t really much to say about this guy, if you know Scizor, you know his job is pretty straight forward. Bulky set so I can weaker special attacks and Roost the damage off while still being able to set up.

Spr_b_5b_639.png

Terrakion @ Balloon
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
---
Terrakion is a highly underrated threat this generation. Sure, his typing may put upon him the burden of so many weaks, yet he has so many useful resistances as well. Rock Polish, as you know, is a +2 to speed, and Swords Dance is a +2 to Attack. In order words, I can double both these stats at my liking. Air Balloon grants me a ground immunity so I can easily set up on things like Choice Banded Landorus locked into earthquake. Stone edge and Close Combat are STAB, and only a few pokemon in the entire game resist it, majorly Golurk, but he is handled by almost my entire team anyway so he is a minor threat.

Spr_b_5b_386S.png

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
---
Terrakions partner in crime. He is mainly used late game to sweep when stuff is weakened. Psycho Boost is a broken move that does massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and BoltBeam is there for coverage. Helps me deal with things such as Dragon Dance Gyarados and Scarf Garchomp/Hydreigon. Superpower OHKO's Tyranitar if it dares to switch in and try to take a Psycho Boost.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
One thing that caught my eye was a Venusaur weakness, in sun he is capable of outspeeding all of your team members (bar +2 Gorebyss) and thus being a constant revenge killer. A skilled player can bait your Rotom's Hydro Pump, and switch into Venusaur and set up a Growth. Depending if it has HP Fire or HP Ice,Scizor or Garchomp could deal withit, and maybe even Deoxys, if it has enough HP tosurvive a Giga Drain. I highly advise a Air Balloon Heatran to deal with your Venusaur problems, I don't really see which Pokemon you could bench out, but you could try switching out Gorebyss.

Other then that, I love your team, and it's synergy!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Or you could try Mamo lead over Chomp, still gets SR but deals with Venu better.

Years
But Mamoswine has a weakness to grass type attacks. While it is true Venusaur has an ice weakness, does this truly make Mamoswine a superior check to Venusaur. I suppose you do hit his lower defence with stabbed ice moves . . .

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Ice Shard has priority so that is kind of moot, and Sun Venusaur tends to be frail as is.

In the same vein as Venusaur, HP Fire Quiver Dance Lilligant can also be a major pain to this team (not sure how common the HP Fire variant is to the HP Ice tbh), especially if it sleeps either Deoxys or Scizor on the switch. Mamo can help out there too, I guess.

Detox

It's probably bad that before my way of dealing with those things was to let them sleep gorebyss then Kill with Garchomp. I tried Mamo, and yeah the first sun team I faced I shat on it pretty badly. However I did notice I found myself Switching out a lot more against leads like Metagross, Meinshao, and even the rare lead Ferrothorn. Any Ideas here?

I'm also thinking that I need another steel type for some reason, but that may just be me...

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
nah, 1 steel type should be enough.

As for the Venusaur problem, I'd replace Rotom-W with Hydreigon or Latios with a set of Draco meteor/Fire Blast/U-Turn/Earth Power or Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor/Trick, Surf or Thunderbolt/Surf/Hidden Power [Fire], respectively.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
^Growth LO Sludge Bomb OHKO's both of those. ):

A weather changer of your own might help with the issues.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
^Growth LO Sludge Bomb OHKO's both of those. ):

A weather changer of your own might help with the issues.

that is a suck

latias or Dragonite would probably work then, although for Dragonite you would probably want a rapid spinner.

Detox

Why am I using dragons, as elf said Sludge Bomb only makes them eventual death fodder. Maybe Politoed over Gorebyss since it has been sucking lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back