• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Having Issues With Mountain Tiles

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
We all know that mountain tiles have a specific corner piece, which allows you to make a continuous connection with a mountain or hill. If you don't know what I'm talking about this picture shall explain (take note of the circled red areas in the upper right mountain).
Spoiler:

Now you see what I mean? In my tileset, which is the exact same tileset as this person has, it's just mine is using a different palette, he was able to make that continuous connection with tiles that I cannot find. Mainly because the way these new mountain tiles work are little daunting to work with, seeing as that they are A LOT DIFFERENT! This is the tileset that he is using as well as I myself:
Spoiler:

Again, I can't seem to find where the tiles he was using were located, or if I am insanely stupid with these newly fangled mountain tiles, that possess the illusion of 3-D. Just as a reference so you know what new re-sized resolutions I am using for these specific mountain tiles, they can be observed here (You might need to zoom in, and observe the red circled areas):
Spoiler:

I could really appreciate someone helping me with this and show me what tiles correspond with what tiles in this set, because this is incredibly confusing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Your third image is broken so I can't tell for sure what you're referring to, but judging by the other two... the tiles you want are the little fragments right below your large red question mark there.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Your third image is broken so I can't tell for sure what you're referring to, but judging by the other two... the tiles you want are the little fragments right below your large red question mark there.

Well see I tried those ones out and I got some really funky result out of it, like the tiles don't line up at all, and they don't really seem to be like the kind of tiles that most people are normally used to. Was it because of the way I resized them, or what? Also the images seem to be working fine; it's a tileset. What kind of method should I use if the resizing of the image is the problem? Because most of those tiles I have already tested out on almost all of the different types of mountains and for the most part, they give really bad results.

For anyone else reading this: For the resizing, I did what everyone tells me to do with it, and I double the size of the tiles so that they are RMXP compatible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Are you entirely sure your images are working? Because the third one's broken on my end, and if I can see it I can't really help. ._. Also, an example map showing what's going wrong for you might help.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Are you entirely sure your images are working? Because the third one's broken on my end, and if I can see it I can't really help. ._. Also, an example map showing what's going wrong for you might help.

Yeah I am pretty sure, here is the 3rd picture:
Spoiler:

For the most part the maps that I am using the tiles are just on a test map, just a map to test out all of my tiles:
Spoiler:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It just looks like the bit pieces are misaligned. Maybe try fiddling with it in Photoshop by moving them around so they actually connect where they're supposed to.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
That sheet belongs to UltimoSpriter. It doesn't take long to find the connecters you're talking about.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 26

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
That sheet belongs to UltimoSpriter. It doesn't take long to find the connecters you're talking about.

Yeah, but in the OP's sheet, these are moved and misaligned, which is why they're not working as intended :(

Again, I'll reiterate: OP should use PS or a tile-moving software (I had one, but long lost) to correctly position these so they connect where they are supposed to connect.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
If anyone has the proper connectors that weren't fiddled with (for whatever reason) it would be most appreciated, also because I'm not really sure if they've been reversed or just changed in a really strange way.

Alright, so this is what I have got out of this, it kinda works to an extent buuuuuuutttt... it still doesn't work; unless there is a specific resolution for these tiles that need to be consistently matched then I have absolutely no idea: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67835&stc=1&d=1364781950

For the most part, it looks like it can work with a resizing... well no. Seeing as that I already tried that it didn't exactly work, it looked as if I needed to resize everything to make it work or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ah. I had this same problem with a HGSS tileset I was playing around with. I have no idea why it turned out that way, but I found it easy enough to fix by hand with PSP. I don't think the resizing is the problem, since unless you resized everything separately those tiles would've been resized to the same degree as everything else. I think you're just going to have to realign them by hand.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Ah. I had this same problem with a HGSS tileset I was playing around with. I have no idea why it turned out that way, but I found it easy enough to fix by hand with PSP. I don't think the resizing is the problem, since unless you resized everything separately those tiles would've been resized to the same degree as everything else. I think you're just going to have to realign them by hand.

Well, I tried that and I still got some weird results it looks so strange when I do it, I get the feeling that something is off with these; that or I have NO idea what I am supposed to do with them.

Back