• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Hey so I have a question.
Where can I catch turtwig in dark rising. I caught all the other starter pokemon. Im at 14/15 and i would really like to know where i can get turtwig. Thanks

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
To NIKS

Are you playing on an iphone or ipod? If so you can use the save state button to save before you attack and guarantee that you hit him. If you have the patience you can keep going back by using load state until you get a critical hit.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
i just started the game and it is awesome ... found a minor bug ... when you get the pokeballs and pokedex from prof. ivan if you go to douba road, encounter any pokemon and then heal at your house and come back at the lab, the event is repeated and you get the pokedex and pokeballs again ... just a minor bug dont bothor fixing it as it helped me and will also do so for others...

How did you find turtwig???

bulbakush

Spends Time In Other Realms!!!
Years
if the secret passage is open then go in it and continue the story.if it is saying ---- recieved badge
then no problem this means it has obtained the badge just continue the story line

I can't move the boulder, I have strength and defeated the last gym. Idk why it's not letting me use it out of battle

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Use a masterball to catch giratina. It works. He's in the spirit tower right after raquaza.
All of the starter pokemon that i have caughten.
Where to find Bulbasaur- Twist Woodlands
Where to find Cyndaquil- Lavaburn Forest
Where to find Chikorita-Right outside of Waters Cavern
Where to find Squirtle- Waters Cavern
Where to find Charamander-Atlantic Cave
Where to find Chimchar-Battle Cave
Where to find Torchic-Battle Cave
Where to find Snivy-Grass Isle
Where to find Treeko-Grass Isle
Where to find Tepig-Inferno Mountain
Where to find Piplup-Kyurem's Den
Where to find Totodile-Mystic Cave
Where to find Oshawott-Kyurem's Den
Where to find Mudkip- In the swamps.
Im sorry but i dont know where turtwig is

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Where is the coin case in dark rising?

Located at ICELAND CITY.

From there you can find a Restaurant and there is an Old Man[?] sitting at the back of the restaurant.

Talk to him and he will give you Coin Case.

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
To NIKS

Are you playing on an iphone or ipod? If so you can use the save state button to save before you attack and guarantee that you hit him. If you have the patience you can keep going back by using load state until you get a critical hit.

You can also do this on VBA.
And yeah, this is an effective way, I've done it myself to defeat him.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 17, 2022
i just started the game and it is awesome ... found a minor bug ... when you get the pokeballs and pokedex from prof. ivan if you go to douba road, encounter any pokemon and then heal at your house and come back at the lab, the event is repeated and you get the pokedex and pokeballs again ... just a minor bug dont bothor fixing it as it helped me and will also do so for others...

well, you better get used to it then, because there are SO MANY BUGS through the game that you'll lost count of them

there are a LOT (and i mean it) of events that repeat if you talk to someone twice or walk by the same spot more than once, a sh1tload of battles with legendaries that you can battle (and capture!!) twice (or even more), and tons of other stuff...

but these things don't really bother me that much, i'm enjoying the game, but if there's one thing that i really dislike about this hack, it's the grammar, oh boy, so many mistakes with your/your're/there/theirs/etc etc

i know this may sound like irony, seeing how my english sucks, but that's because english isn't my first (or second or even third) language, we don't speak english at all over here, but that doesn't mean it's cool to read something with so many mistakes

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Pardon my ignorance if this has been discussed before but my game keeps freezing when i battle Vladimir in Novella Lab when he sends out Zen Mode. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so is there anyway to fix it or get around it some how? thank you for your help

Years
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is it possible to link using vbalink in Dark Rising? I wanted to set up a tournament in my afterschool Gaming Club, but every time I select the proper group to join in the link menu, it freezes. I'm running two instances of vbalink, both running the Dark Rising Rom from two different sources with two different battery (.sav) files, and it always freezes. I've linked the emulators themselves (through Options > Link) properly. Since this is a FireRed hack, it should work the same as it does in FireRed, right? :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
Hello, sorry if this is stupid or has already been asked, but I just took the boat to Millennium town from Dark Rising HQ. I fought my rival in the spirit tower and lost, but I had not been in the Pokecenter yet so I was teleported back to Dark Rising HQ. How do I get back to Millennium town? I had to leave right after I lost and I saved then (I use GBA4IOS so I can save at any time) and I didn't realize I would be teleported to DRHQ until after I got back on. My only other save was from 2 days and several hours ago. Can anyone help? The blue-haired girl (I forget her name) isn't in the HQ anymore and I can't enter the port in DRHQ.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
Use a masterball to catch giratina. It works. He's in the spirit tower right after raquaza.

Is a masterball the only way to catch Giratina? I got him down to red health and sleeping, I must've thrown about 30 ultra balls and I don't think any of them even got one of the 3 ticks (I'm not really a pokemaniac, not sure what they're called)

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
My goodness, so many Pokemon hacks. x) I think I'll be busy for a whole year with all of these great looking hacks popping out of nowhere. I was sold when I saw Yami Yugi mentioned in the description. xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is a masterball the only way to catch Giratina? I got him down to red health and sleeping, I must've thrown about 30 ultra balls and I don't think any of them even got one of the 3 ticks (I'm not really a pokemaniac, not sure what they're called)
Not the only one but the quickest one...
It still has catch rate 3 so it can be captured without MBall.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
Not the only one but the quickest one...
It still has catch rate 3 so it can be captured without MBall.

I'm sorry but I don't know what catch rate actually means, if I had him at 1/16 hp and sleeping what would my chance of capturing him with an ultra ball be?

Back