• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RSE/FRLG] Mapping Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
This is a good tutorial for newbies around the hacking area.
Just one tip on the sea-route mapping.

When mapping them don't try make the borders one single set of the rock mix it up completely to make sure it doesn't follow a pattern. It looks more interesting.

eg. Having the border go rocks/single rock/mountain rock is bad.
It would be better to have one and then two of another and then back to that one and so on. Lol xD.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thank you, Marz!

Finally someone does a mapping tutorial, probably the tutorial a lot of people need the most. You did a good job of it too.

I actually have something to say over mapping, this one nearly everybody gets wrong...

The light blue tiles are freshwater
The dark blue ones with waves are salt water.

Please, never use dark blue one in towns or on non-sea routes, why would salt water be there?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Thank you, Marz I now know how to make Decent maps thanks to you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
I've got 2 problems.
First, how do insert tiles from a png file?
Secondly, I create 2 new Map Banks (35 and 36) and name the maps on the firs Route 306, and in the other KRAKEN CAVES. But, when i change the second bank (36) it also changes the name in maps on (35)... can i prevent that?

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Great tutorial, now i can map from at a higher standard and with a different style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back