• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures now officially in (re)print

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
So I was walking through the children's area in Barnes and Noble and something caught my eye. Lo and behold, I was happy to discover that Viz(kids) has finally put Pokemon Special Volume 1 into print, with Volume 2 coming in August.

The volumes are normal manga-sized volumes, and can probably be found in the children's comics section if you can't find it in the manga section.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
Years
wow you were so lucky! I can't find any manga in my country :(

btw I liked your "Location: On a journey to be less anti-social" xD

Years
Seeing as manga has pretty much been abolished from where I live, I was going to get my mom to order it from Books-A-Million(she is the one with the credit card, so I'm sort of powerless when it comes to ordering stuff off the internet without one), with the guarantee that I would pay her bak...then the evil called shipping charge showed its ugly head...I wasn't about to pay $12 for it so I'll have to hope I get lucky and find it somewhere >>

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
The price tag on it is $8 plus whatever Borders savings you may have

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
Years
weli, since it has been reprinted, the only thing to do now is to not stop printing EVER.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2010
I have been waiting for this reprint with anticipation.. And while the style is back to the traditional Japanese format, the chapter names and the character names are still different from the original... (No "VS ____" and Green/Blue are backwards still...)

So it seems like they just took the translation from several years ago and reprinted it..

By the time they get to the Ruby/Sapphire saga though, they will have to come up with all new translations, so hopefully it wont be as cheesy as the ones that came out like, 10 years ago..

I didnt purchase the book, but I looked through it at borders.. Debating on whether or not its worth buying them when i have almost the full Japanese library already.. lol. =3

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
Years
I consider Blue(rival)/Green(female) to be the right way around for localisation. Why? They correspond with their game counterparts.

I know there are lots of avid Pokéspe fans here, so do any owners of the manga notice any censorship? The first thing I noticed about the cover was "Vizkids". Thankfully the Zelda manga seems to be unharmed but I'd like to know if anything's happened to Pokéspe.

Back