• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please suggest a Pokemon Black team for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What about Archeops as an alternative to Unfezant? I used Unfezant for about the first 5 or so gym badges, then I switched over because Unfezant just wasn't cutting it. Archeops is awesome... as long as he doesn't get attacked because his defence isn't super high, his attack makes up for it though.

I'm not using Archeops cos it has the WORST EVER ABILITY.

Defeatist cuts Archeops' offensive power if it takes too many hits.

Nice design but hate it.

Snorelacks

Nice design but hate it.

It might have the worst ability ever, but it's not like its going to actually take any hits. Hit extremely hard, hit extremely fast, then die. That's Archeops.

Archeops @ Choice Band/Flying Gem/Muscle Band/Life Orb
Acrobatics
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Earthquake
Protect/U-Turn/Quick Guard

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012

Nice design but hate it.

You can't exactly say you hate it because of its ability when you haven't even used it yet.

Archeops is awesome. It doesn't have great HP so like what Snorelacks said, its ability isn't going to be a pain because it probably won't activate. I used one on my White. It was sent in, destroyed everything, then got knocked out. Way better than Unfezant, who could barely give out any damage. I used it on my Black version and it was not very good.

Archeops over Unfezant.

My brother also used Sigilyph and it worked great for him. I haven't used Swoobat so I can't offer you any advice with him.

But seriously? Archeops over Unfezant.

Years
You can't exactly say you hate it because of its ability when you haven't even used it yet.

Archeops is awesome. It doesn't have great HP so like what Snorelacks said, its ability isn't going to be a pain because it probably won't activate. I used one on my White. It was sent in, destroyed everything, then got knocked out. Way better than Unfezant, who could barely give out any damage. I used it on my Black version and it was not very good.

Archeops over Unfezant.

My brother also used Sigilyph and it worked great for him. I haven't used Swoobat so I can't offer you any advice with him.

But seriously? Archeops over Unfezant.

I may not have my Black yet, but I already know Archeops has the worst ever ability cos it cuts Attack and Sp. Atk power if he takes too many hits.

Never using Archeops, It's too risky and I'm not a fan of fossil Pokemon.

Years
I don't know but if the user doesn't want to use the Pokemon we suggest, then he/she doesn't have to. You can't be upset because he/she thinks ther choice they made is better than the choice you made.

As for the thread creator, I say use Pokemon you like. once you know what Pokemon you want to use, then we could give you a proper rating or an idea for movesets.

Snorelacks

Have you ever tried using an earlier generation's Flying-Type like Staraptor, Swellow, or Skarmory?
I'd put in Aerodactyl but you don't like fossil Pokemon...

I don't know but if the user doesn't want to use the Pokemon we suggest, then he/she doesn't have to. You can't be upset because he/she thinks ther choice they made is better than the choice you made.

As for the thread creator, I say use Pokemon you like. once you know what Pokemon you want to use, then we could give you a proper rating or an idea for movesets.

I also have to agree with this. Win with your favorites if you want (and it would be strange not to), but don't ask for suggestions if you won't change your Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
That's too bad...
Have you ever tried using an earlier generation's Flying-Type like Staraptor, Swellow, or Skarmory?
I'd put in Aerodactyl but you don't like fossil Pokemon...

I also have to agree with this. Win with your favorites if you want (and it would be strange not to), but don't ask for suggestions if you won't change your Pokemon.

I'm using only Unova Pokemon. So you must look for Unova Pokemon... until I get a National Dex.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Catch Sandile - Axew - Darumaka - Joltik and Vullaby

From There You Can Have This Team

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Blizzard or Ice Beam
Swords Dance or Revenge

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Outrage or Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Haxuros
Dragon Claw or Dual Chop (they both does the same damege)
Earthquake
Dragon Dance or Swords Dance (from your choise)
Outrage

Darmanitan
Fire Punch
Superpower
Rock Slide
Flare Blitz

Galvantula
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sucker Punch

Mandibuzz
Brave Bird
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Nasty Plot

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Ok enough about which is better or worse its not competetive battling its ingame all of the pokemon are good otherwise they wouldnt have made them. I say if you like using Unfezant use it bc it's base 105 atk is nothing to shake a stick at. Use Tailwind for speed boosting in case it faints so u can revenge kill. U-Turn out or deal major damage with Acrobatics. Roost off damage, or Facade Status afflictions for boosted STAB damage. Basic as that. You can also pick this pokemon up early so for earl training.

Unfezant
Acrobatics
Roost/Facade
U-Turn
Tailwind

In Pinwheel forest catch a Sewaddle and evolve it to Swadloon. Train with it there for a happiness boost and find lots of feathers on the bridge to give to it for another happiness boost. When it evloves into Leavanny teach it Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissors, and False Swipe. Yes, I said False Swipe, it's ingame and you have top catch other pokemon not just battle so False Swipe is a good move to learn. I'm not saying keep it all the way till the end just until u have your pokemon you want thats all.

Leavanny
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
X-Scissors
False Swipe/Aerial Ace/whatever you want

Then you can catch Sandile on your way to Nimbasa level it up evolve it and teach it these moves. Dig, Crunch, Retaliate, Sand-Attack or Embargo. To beat Elesa with ease. When it evolves into Krookodile teach it Bulldoze, Crunch, Rockslide, Dragon Claw.

Krookodile
Bulldoze
Crunch
Rockslide/Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

Then beat Clay and go into Chargestone cave where you can choose between Joltik or Tynamo both Electric but joltik has Bug typing and Tynamo has Levitate ability giving it no weaknesses which is great and all but it takes alot of training whereas Joltik doesn't need much training and is fast to boot. I think you would be better off with Joltik/Galvantula. Galvantula's attacks are strong but it wont get its best attack until lv.60 Bug Buzz just use Signal Beam until then. Thunderbolt is strong but just a smidgen stronger than Discharge which has a 30 % chance to paralyze unlike Thunderbolt's 10% its your choice. Volt Switch is a very good move bc if its in on a pokemon you dont want to face Volt Switch out deal damage and get outta there. Gastro Acid is a nice move early on but replace it for Energy Ball later on you wont get the TM until you beat the E4 and go through a gaunlet of trainers.

Galvantula
Signal Beam/Bug Buzz
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Voltswitch
Gastro Acid/Energy Ball

Last pokemon is Litwick which evolves into Chandelure. Shadow Ball is self-explanitory, Flamethrower, Psychic, Confuse Ray. Good movesets and confuse Ray hits 100% for confusion, u cant argue with that.

Chandelure
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Psychic
Confuse Ray/Energy Ball

Your starter is the basis of your pokemon this team is terrible against rock thats where Samurott comes in. Surf, Megahorn, Grass Knot, Revenge. Replace Revenge for Ice Beam ASAP unless you cant go without it. Megahorn hits way harder than X-Scissors and its accuracy is usable. Grass Knot is for Water/Ground types.

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Grass Knott
Revenge/Ice Beam

Yes its weak to rock, yes Stone Edge is available for most pokemon to use but they wont get to use it they wont live long enough to use it. And there wont be any LATE game training when you catch them they can be used for the next gym you are about to face so it will gain its levels there. hope this helps.

Years
Catch Sandile - Axew - Darumaka - Joltik and Vullaby

From There You Can Have This Team

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Blizzard or Ice Beam
Swords Dance or Revenge

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Outrage or Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Haxuros
Dragon Claw or Dual Chop (they both does the same damege)
Earthquake
Dragon Dance or Swords Dance (from your choise)
Outrage

Darmanitan
Fire Punch
Superpower
Rock Slide
Flare Blitz

Galvantula
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sucker Punch

Mandibuzz
Brave Bird
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Nasty Plot

I'm not really a Darmanitan and Galvantula fan, hate their appearance.

And don't expect me using Haxorus as I rarely use Dragon-types...

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
If you are going to post a thread then you must at least be open to what we say you can't ask for help and then blow off everything we say. The reason we give our opinions is bc we as a community have already used the the pokemon and already know how they stack up in the game and mt post was about how you could get all the types you needed through out the game without having to seriously grind any pokemon on weaker pokemon in the wild and everybody in the team would be even. But, if you are set in stone about the pokemon you use then Zebstrika should be about 4-5 levels over any pokemon that you want to beat, ex. against the E4 theirs are about 50ish make sure your Zebstrika is about 60 for it to actually do anything, as for elektross it has bulk so it can withstand attacks and deal some major attacks and galvantula may not take too many hits but it is fast enough to deal some major damage.

If you choose Zebstrika

FlameCharge
Spark/WildCharge(when it learns WildCharge)
ThunderWave
Stomp

Years
If you are going to post a thread then you must at least be open to what we say you can't ask for help and then blow off everything we say. The reason we give our opinions is bc we as a community have already used the the pokemon and already know how they stack up in the game and mt post was about how you could get all the types you needed through out the game without having to seriously grind any pokemon on weaker pokemon in the wild and everybody in the team would be even. But, if you are set in stone about the pokemon you use then Zebstrika should be about 4-5 levels over any pokemon that you want to beat, ex. against the E4 theirs are about 50ish make sure your Zebstrika is about 60 for it to actually do anything, as for elektross it has bulk so it can withstand attacks and deal some major attacks and galvantula may not take too many hits but it is fast enough to deal some major damage.

If you choose Zebstrika

FlameCharge
Spark/WildCharge(when it learns WildCharge)
ThunderWave
Stomp

I mean, nice Zebstrika moveset. Wild Charge causes recoil, and I don't like my Pokemon hurting themselves after attacking.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I mean, nice Zebstrika moveset. Wild Charge causes recoil, and I don't like my Pokemon hurting themselves after attacking.

Give it Shell Bell then if you don't want your Pokemon to take damage (or at least get the HP you lost back). It restores some HP after each attack, you can find it at Driftveil and by the time you learn Wild Charge you'd have bypassed that city anyway so you can go back and get it, then once you beat the Elite Four (and want to have a rematch with them, or beat the post game trainers) go to Village Bridge and take the Leftovers from there, replacing Shell Bell which'll heal your HP much faster than Shell Bell, which is reliant on attacks, whereas leftovers isn't, so if you were to use a boost of some sort (or use thunderwave even, for that moveset) it'd still restore HP, whereas shell bell wouldn't.

HansLangone

Simple Trainer
Years
I'm getting Pokemon Black for my birthday and I need a team to use in-game!

My Trainer's Name: Nichole

Starter: Oshawott

Post if you can find the best combinations!

i dont know but this is what i thought...
503.gif
521.gif
547.gif
609.gif
555.gif
604.gif

or maybe this one

503.gif
521.gif
542.gif
576.gif
555.gif
604.gif

dont ever think to choose Mandibuzz.. cuz its a hard way to get it until after gym 7..so Unfezant is much better...
and maybe you can change Gothitelle for Chandelure or.. idk its your choice

Last edited:
Years
i dont know but this is what i thought...
503.gif
521.gif
547.gif
609.gif
555.gif
604.gif

or maybe this one

503.gif
521.gif
542.gif
576.gif
555.gif
604.gif

dont ever think to choose Mandibuzz.. cuz its a hard way to get it until after gym 7..so Unfezant is much better...
and maybe you can change Gothitelle for Chandelure or.. idk its your choice

Both are good, I'd keep Unfezant/Samurott/Chandelure/Gothitelle but I don't really like Eelektross (despite the no weaknesses) or Darmanitan (also design-wise). I'd use Whimsicott over Leavanny (the latter has 2 4x weaknesses which is not nice) but I like Zebstrika's design better than Eelektross.

But keep finding some combinations! If you need to find a good combination, I suggest Marriland's Team Builder.

Years
But keep finding some combinations! If you need to find a good combination, I suggest Marriland's Team Builder.
Well then, why don't you yourself use Marriland's Team Builder. I mean, it's not like we can read your mind and know what Pokemon you like and dislike. -_-

Anyways, I'll just throw in my 2 cents or so.

503.gif
521.gif
609.gif
561.gif
596.gif
584.gif

I went with your idea of keeping Samurott, Unfezant and Chandelure. But, may I suggest using Sigilyph? It's more of the offensive side, but if you wish, you can just stick with Gothitelle who is a special defense wall. Galvantul$a is a more appropriate choice over Zebstrika. Even though its slightly slower than the zebra, Compoundeyes gives a lethal Thunder plus its immune to Ground and has a great Sp. Atk(only 3 points higher than Zebstrika's Atk). And it has brilliant type coverage with Bug. I presume you're gonna have a bit of a tough time with the last gym since you don't use Dragon types so Ice-types like Vanilluxe come in chillin' the zone. High Sp. Atk and its ability comes useful in hail, which allows you to abuse Blizzard. It can also learn Flash Cannon to remove Rock.

All the Pokemon can be easily obtained. Vanillite at Cold Storage, so you have ample training time before you reach Opelucid. Joltik at Chargestone Cave (where Tynamo is, but you didn't like it so...) and Sigilyph at the Desert Resort. :3 I don't know whether I listed some that you dislike, but oh well, you asked and so you shall receive. ;;

TY

Samurott
Krookodile
Leavanny
Chandelure
Gigalith
Sigilph

Krookodile has two great abilities: Moxie and Intimidate. Chandelure´s Sp.Atk is very high. Leavanny is hard to get or you must capture an Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest.
Gigalith has high Attack and Defense, and Sturdy comes in handy if they try to knock you down in 1 hit. Samurott is pretty strong (althrough i chose Tepig as starter)
The last you may fill in but i chose for Sigilph.

Years
I think this is the best team to have

Samurott
Krookodile
Leavanny
Chandelure
Gigalith
Sigilph

Krookodile has two great abilities: Moxie and Intimidate. Chandelure´s Sp.Atk is very high. Leavanny is hard to get or you must capture an Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest.
Gigalith has high Attack and Defense, and Sturdy comes in handy if they try to knock you down in 1 hit. Samurott is pretty strong (althrough i chose Tepig as starter)
The last you may fill in but i chose for Sigilph.

Leavanny has too many weaknesses, Gigalith is a no-no because I don't tend to use Rock-types and I already have my Psychic and Flying-type planned.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Then Catch A Tynamo In Chargestone Cave and I Forgot You Need A Fighting Type So I Suggest Mienfoo
For Eelektross Movesets I Suggest These Moves
Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
and Crunch As A Filler

For Mienshao I Suggest These Moves
Aura Sphere/Hi Jumb Kick
Acrobatics
U-Turn
Fake Out

Status
Not open for further replies.