• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
well guys, it looks like I have time, so I'm going to SR for torchic and drifloom, my next targets.

see ya and good luck everyone.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I am up to Palkia on my Pearl game and I am working on getting to Giratina on both. I have a false swiper and sleeper ready on both games so when it does finally appear it shouldn't be to hard to catch it. I have been SRing for Torchic recently but have had no luck so far.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
May I join this epic club? :3
I have a Shiny Steelix, caught in victory Road (Pokemon Diamond)

You'll have to wait till MetalMario or any other Co-Owner officially welcomes you, but you can still be active here in the club, so welcome!! =D

wow havent been here in a long while

Indeed!! Yo!!

I am up to Palkia on my Pearl game and I am working on getting to Giratina on both. I have a false swiper and sleeper ready on both games so when it does finally appear it shouldn't be to hard to catch it. I have been SRing for Torchic recently but have had no luck so far.

Good luck on those 3!! =D

well guys, it looks like I have time, so I'm going to SR for torchic and drifloom, my next targets.

see ya and good luck everyone.

Good luck on both of those!! =D

I already filled up all 17 Boxes on Diamond 2 with Charmander Eggs, bringing it to a total of 510 Eggs (Box 18 is my other Pokemon's hang out, so its off-limits!! XD ), and I've managed to hatch already 101!! So that is 101/510 so far!! Here is hoping that I don't have to breed another 510 if Charmander doesn't hatch... Good luck to everybody!! =D

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024

Good luck on those, Would you like to race for torchic?, to see who gets torchic first; just to keep both of us motivated.

Shadow Chaos said:
I already filled up all 17 Boxes on Diamond 2 with Charmander Eggs, bringing it to a total of 510 Eggs (Box 18 is my other Pokemon's hang out, so its off-limits!! XD ), and I've managed to hatch already 101!! So that is 101/510 so far!! Here is hoping that I don't have to breed another 510 if Charmander doesn't hatch...

Wow, you're determined in getting charmander, good luck.

See you and good luck everyone.

Years
May I join the Torchic Hunt, only if I'm going for another starter? (Treecko)

Finally decided to practice chaining, and at a Chain of 3, a Shiny Lickitung popped out.
For some reason, it's unbelievably hard to catch.
I'll check back later, and good luck to all for now.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
May I join the Torchic Hunt, only if I'm going for another starter? (Treecko)

Finally decided to practice chaining, and at a Chain of 3, a Shiny Lickitung popped out.
For some reason, it's unbelievably hard to catch.
I'll check back later, and good luck to all for now.

I guess there's no problem, more people more fun. congratulations on lickitung, maybe it's hard to catch because of the personality.

Razer302 said:
Would love a race. Will keep going after I lapse in motivation which I always do.

Then it's a race, Good luck to both of you. see you.

Years
Oh, and just as an added bit of info from a reliable friend, I have been told that if you see a shiny Poochyena, you have immense chances at finding a shiny within the next few SRs or Minutes, not sure which, because the shiny value may stick around. Such as the masses who get their starters soon after Treecko, or the one person who SRed over a shiny Torchic, and got it back 8 SRs later.

Anyways thanks, and hopefully I can get some powerful Lickitung out of this chain.
Good luck to us all! ^_^

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well hello to all the newish-old members :D

i was a member and left pokemon for about 4 months but now I'm back ;3. If you just want to chat or race just let me know.

well im an idiot and i restarted my game and lost all my shinies >>. Except 3 that my friend was holding for me Dx. So i got to beat the game before i can chain, which sucks :/. Atm I'm fishing on LG for a shiny magicarp. Ive had this game for 3 years and havent got pass the 4 gym leader... I soo own right XD. God I'm lazy, oh well.

good luck, I most likely will end up chaning my name because "shinyhunter011" sound really stupid DX.

Years
Well, my chain is over with 4 shinies out of it. That's just as many as I wanted. Hopefully one has good stats :3
I'm gonna EV Train myself up a team, then chain Bagon, soft reset for my secret target, random encounter in Ruby and FireRed, then SR in Sapphire. Fun, fun I tell you, fun for this weekend!
x_x
Good luck all, I'll check back in tomorrow.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
[...]
Wow, you're determined in getting charmander, good luck.

See you and good luck everyone.

Mwahaha!! Without determination, us Shiny Hunters would have nothing!! X3 And thanks!! ;D

well hello to all the newish-old members :D

i was a member and left pokemon for about 4 months but now I'm back ;3. If you just want to chat or race just let me know.

well im an idiot and i restarted my game and lost all my shinies >>. Except 3 that my friend was holding for me Dx. So i got to beat the game before i can chain, which sucks :/. Atm I'm fishing on LG for a shiny magicarp. Ive had this game for 3 years and havent got pass the 4 gym leader... I soo own right XD. God I'm lazy, oh well.

good luck, I most likely will end up chaning my name because "shinyhunter011" sound really stupid DX.

Well that sucks, at least you have three left, and good luck on the Magikarp!!

Well, my chain is over with 4 shinies out of it. That's just as many as I wanted. Hopefully one has good stats :3
I'm gonna EV Train myself up a team, then chain Bagon, soft reset for my secret target, random encounter in Ruby and FireRed, then SR in Sapphire. Fun, fun I tell you, fun for this weekend!
x_x
Good luck all, I'll check back in tomorrow.

Congratulations on the Lickitung!! And good luck on those too!! I may chain something just to have something (haven't chained a thing since Chansey back in Aug/Sept 08...)

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I'm trying that Egg hatching rumor/trick with my Lucario, I'm looking for another Ditto so it can be more easier to get eggs since the other Dittos I have don't have a "connection" (lol) with Spike.

But right now I am bored of playing Pokemon or just Pokemon Diamond so I am not doing it currently really.

I'm gonna play Sonic Unleashed since I got it (and a new XBOX 360) today. =D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I almost lost in a battle earlier that I should've won VERY easily but Platinum tutor moves got in the way.

Which means I need my own shiny Magikarp.

RIGHT NOW.

Looks like my inspiration's back.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm trying that Egg hatching rumor/trick with my Lucario, I'm looking for another Ditto so it can be more easier to get eggs since the other Dittos I have don't have a "connection" (lol) with Spike.

But right now I am bored of playing Pokemon or just Pokemon Diamond so I am not doing it currently really.

I'm gonna play Sonic Unleashed since I got it (and a new XBOX 360) today. =D

What egg hatching trick are you talking about?

Years
That doesn't work.
I'm now going after a shiny Mewtwo on FireRed.
I'd love any shiny on that game at this point.
I'll check back in later tonight.
Good luck all.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
That doesn't work.
I'm now going after a shiny Mewtwo on FireRed.
I'd love any shiny on that game at this point.
I'll check back in later tonight.
Good luck all.

It's like you people like crushing my dreams.. j/k

I know it doesn't work I just want to see if I can be lucky when I feel like playing Diamond.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I got bored with Regirock not shining in Emerald, so I've decided to go back to the game I originally started hunting it in, Ruby. I went back through my posts on another forum and I've actually been hunting for the Regi's on and off since January 2007(maybe late December 2006), and Regirock is the last I need to complete the trio, as I have a shiny Regice from Ruby and 2 shiny Registeel(one in Sapphire/other in Emerald)

I also started from scratch on my shiny Tangela hunt, as I have no idea what number I left off on, let alone how many days I've been hunting for it XD. I have 500 encounters in so far, nothing shiny yet of course(I'd have to get really lucky for that to happen, something I'm not at the moment).

I don't think I'll be getting any new shinies this month, so I suppose Latios will be the only shiny I get in February, like shiny Infernape was last year(I got him on the 24th of this month).

Congrats to any new shinies guys, I really need some luck :P.

Years
Spoiler:
Good Job with the Advance shinies! Rayquaza is on my hit list for Sapphire. (still saved in front of Kyogre.. -.-) Don't re-save your game! It seems R/S's RNG seeds in part from values taken from the save file. (also in part from the clock) Your odds of seeing a shiny there again should be greatly enhanced as long as you don't re-save your game.

I have a question: If you guessed your time on that time counter thing and actually got a shiny and you never got your SID will that shiny count in this club?
Tentatively yes. It's still technically an unknown, random variable whether the Pokémon is shiny or not.

May I join this epic club? :3
I have a Shiny Steelix, caught in victory Road (Pokemon Diamond)
Why soytenly. Welcome!

More on the matter of this stupid Emerald stopwatch business: It should not be usable for breeding, since the egg's PV isn't determined at an easy time to predict. (It's calculated in advance of receiving the egg.) Also, wild encounters are difficult as well, since you don't know the species you're encountering or which grassy patch will trigger the encounter. For any of these scenarios, if you get them to work, they'll be counted as Cert Shinies anyway.

It seems my post was deleted in the forum rollback, so I'll re-explain March Madness: We all race to catch as many shinies as possible in one month using only "traditional" means. Random soft-resets, random encounters, and breeding are all acceptable, but the Pokéradar and Emerald RNG abuse are not.

3010 Dialgas.

Years
Well, nothing new for me.
I won't be able to hunt again until Thursday. My two primary targets are Registeel and Tangela. With a side of Secret Hunt in Pearl and Treecko in Sapphire. And I already saved again, due to the fact that nothing else shined after around three or four-hundred resets. Oh well, hopefully all these noobs shine something shines before the beginning of next week, but it's already more than likely 8D

So good luck to all, hopefully we can get some new shinies here.

Back