• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven-Day Seven-K

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Oh dear. No entries this week. ._.

In any case, the first post has been updated with the latest prompt, done in honor of a certain fortieth anniversary.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I'm missing what the 40th anniversary is for. I'm sure the moon's been around longer than 40 years, and I'm fairly certain Sailor Moon has been around for less. What gives?

Actually, never mind. I'm just slow, and non-American. I get it now. Duh.

Misheard Whisper

Years
No, I knew all about it. We just don't place so much of an emphasis on it over here.

Actually, I lied when I said I knew all about it. What was the name of the craft? Was it Apollo 11, 13, or 16? ^_^; My modern history is awful.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I remember getting taught about the 50 states and their respective capitals. We even learned some American history, as also some of it would have intertwined with our country's history.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Weird . . . I went to Washington, DC, and our tour guide asked us if anybody knew what the four (or five, or six, don't remember) previous capitals of the U.S. were. On a bus full of Americans, with maybe a Canadian or two, and me, our combined knowledge was only enough to guess two.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Philadelphia was one I believe, I'd like to guess Boston, but that might be up in the air. The rest I can't remember.

Anyway, to stay on topic: I might write something later, though I have come up with an idea (not necessarily for the 7k thing though).

Misheard Whisper

Years
I do believe Annapolis was one as well.

I have some good ideas for 'Moon'. I may well actually use the prompt on this one.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Philadelphia was one I believe,

As much as Philadelphia likes to believe it's the only city in the entirety of Pennsylvania, my home state's capital is actually Harrisburg, about one hundred miles to the west. It's okay, though. If you ever go to Harrisburg, you'll note that it's actually rather unremarkable anyway.

You're right about Boston being the capital of Massachusetts, though.

Incidentally, congratulations, guys. You've given me ideas for the next prompt.

For this one, however, I'm going to attempt it, and by God, I might actually do it this time.

Misheard Whisper

Years
*shock*

Jax is going to participate in her own competition? what is this, week 4? Well.

I have a sneaky feeling that this will be the first week we have more than one winner. And I meant capitals of the actual country.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
what is this, week 4? Well.

Pfft. Week five, mia amica. I just really fail.

And I meant capitals of the actual country.

Whoops. Misread that. In that case, yeah, Philadelphia was one. Annapolis either before or after that (can't honestly remember off the top of my head) and then DC. Boston was in the running, but it just fell flat, surprisingly enough.

Mmm, US history.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Must be so confusing. You have a lot more history than us; you've been around longer, and you're one hell of a lot bigger. We're a little nation of four million. Hell, NY city has three times the population of our whole country crammed into one tiny area.

But NY is awesome. I spent a few days there, and it really is the city that never sleeps.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Well, I officially fail at writing. But I have an excuse this time in the form of that one fic I keep writing.

Anyway, if you'll notice, I've given you two prompts: one for week six and one for week seven. Assuming this challenge is still alive, you guys get to fly solo for awhile because I'm going to be gone for a week and a half in the middle of the month. As in, literally, I'm leaving the middle of week six and not coming back until the middle of week seven.

Try not to burn this place down, mmkay?

Back