• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Pikayosh - Welcome to the group, gratz on past shinies :)

LDD - Gratz on the Luvdisc. walways been a shiny ive wanted ^^

Paulthagerous - Huge gratz on the Dratini! a great shiny! and gyaradosas well i guess XD

Latios Master - Thats a long time. Even ive not been on this forum that long! (and ive, for the most part, been very inactive)

Im currently at 4600 resets on my Chikorita hunts and counting ^^ want to be 5000 by end of tomorrow.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Just completed the national dex on my jap cpopy of white 2 which now means double farming is a go ;)

2x games SRing for cobalion. Hopefully shortens the time of me getting it.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Can I join the club? My first shiny was a G3 Marill, found directly outside Fortree City. I was grinding up my Absol, and then BOOM! Shiny Marill, randomly, wasn't even hunting. Caught it, imported it to White, lost my White copy, dead Marill. :(
I've been hunting on 4 different DS's for various shinies, but I have really bad luck. I'm not keeping track of encounters, but I'm doing about 4 hours a day(which is a lot of time, at least to me.) Today's my 4th day, still no luck.
Hunting for:
Mankey(HG)
Absol/Altaria(W2)
Vulpix(SS)
Machop(P)
If this bad luck keeps up, I might just start Masuda'ing for a Shiny Charmander(instead of quad-hunting) because I have a JAP Charmander.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Can I join the club? ...

I've been hunting on 4 different DS's for various shinies, but I have really bad luck. I'm not keeping track of encounters, but I'm doing about 4 hours a day(which is a lot of time, at least to me.) Today's my 4th day, still no luck.

By posting a reply you are a member of the club automatically :)

Keep up with the hunting, it does take a while. Any idea how many encounters per minute you are doing?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I was SRing earlier today, while somewhat conversing with a few relatives. After less than half of an hour, a beautiful golden Chikorita showed up. Hours and hours of resetting have finally paid off! I've been training up a Geodude for battling the first gym, so I can trade it over and try again for Totodile or Cyndaquil.

I've managed to keep it UT, aside from the required rival battle (which is before you get pokeballs).

darkpokeball

Years
@Paulthagerous
A LOT of encounters per minute. I'm almost ready to give up, the hunting's getting tedious! (Why can't things happen quickly and easily, like my random Marill?!)
Anyways, I've gone down to 2 DS's because my brother wanted his DS back and I decided to give up on the hunt for Machop. Still hunting in HG and W2 though. Also, looking for some Japanese pokemon so I can masuda method.(I want dat Shiny Smeargle!)

@Slenderman
Good job on that Chikorita! It's a pretty awesome shiny.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
My god Cheesecake slow down lol. But in all seriousness congrats.

I myself am near tears. The route 201 music and Barry battle music have become so burned into my head. I'm at almost30k SRs now. Maybe more. Piplup... Who do I have to pay... what do I have to sacrifice... How much of my own blood must I shed before you shine!?

Like... seriously, melodrama aside... this hunt is breaking me guys... Any encouragement other than "It'll be worth it when you get it!" (Because I have heard that more times than I can count now...) you can give me? Because I've already cried twice over this thing not shining yet and I'm not prepared to do that again.

darkpokeball

Years

I myself am near tears. The route 201 music and Barry battle music have become so burned into my head. I'm at almost30k SRs now. Maybe more. Piplup... Who do I have to pay... what do I have to sacrifice... How much of my own blood must I shed before you shine!?

Like... seriously, melodrama aside... this hunt is breaking me guys... Any encouragement other than "It'll be worth it when you get it!" (Because I have heard that more times than I can count now...) you can give me? Because I've already cried twice over this thing not shining yet and I'm not prepared to do that again.
Your experience is beginning to parallel mine. Here's what I do to make my hunt a little more bearable:
~Hook up to some sort of shiny hunter live chat, through skype or just through some chat service. While you're hunting, you can drop a few remarks and get a few responses and it makes things a little more bearable.
~Don't expect the next encounter to be shiny(I'm having a bit of trouble with this rule.) It justs has a little disappointment when it's a normal, but all that dissapointment stacks up and becomes...bleh.
~Keep track of your encounters with a piece of paper and a pen. Or a phone with a calculator. Every 10 encounters, make a little dash. It helps track progress. So you've done 200 encounters? Great! Now do 200 more and call it a day.

...That's all I've got. It doesn't help much, but it does help. Also, I have long since abadoned the 'It will be worth it when you get it' thought. I have adopted the 'Once I get it, this hunt will be over and I never have to hunt for this Mankey again! I can move on to a cooler shiny!' thought. I just want this hunt to end TT_TT

Years
I bring shiny news after a drought of 3 months!!!

I was just continuing my on and off hunt for charmander on my white version for kicks this morning when I was shocked to see this pop up

k12k1t.jpg

I am very happy to have gotten my first starter shiny :D!
This Male shiny charmander took 172 eggs in total to get after an on and off hunt of a couple months.

I am quite elated because this is my first EVER masuda method shiny, and I am also happy because my first masuda hunt for litwick reached well over 3000 eggs without a single shiny, so now I just feel like the game compensated me, lol ;)

Anywho, here's another pic

2prtmxe.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures, best i could do for now :x

Gl everyone else on their hunts!

Years
After less than half of an hour, a beautiful golden Chikorita showed up.

anyway SHINY ABRA AFTER 13155 SEEN!!! My longest hunt if you count pokemon obtained.

I bring shiny news after a drought of 3 months!!!

Huge congrats to all three of you (and all yellowy/gold shinies it seems haha! XD )

Your experience is beginning to parallel mine. Here's what I do to make my hunt a little more bearable:
~Hook up to some sort of shiny hunter live chat, through skype or just through some chat service. While you're hunting, you can drop a few remarks and get a few responses and it makes things a little more bearable.
~Don't expect the next encounter to be shiny(I'm having a bit of trouble with this rule.) It justs has a little disappointment when it's a normal, but all that dissapointment stacks up and becomes...bleh.
~Keep track of your encounters with a piece of paper and a pen. Or a phone with a calculator. Every 10 encounters, make a little dash. It helps track progress. So you've done 200 encounters? Great! Now do 200 more and call it a day.

...That's all I've got. It doesn't help much, but it does help. Also, I have long since abadoned the 'It will be worth it when you get it' thought. I have adopted the 'Once I get it, this hunt will be over and I never have to hunt for this Mankey again! I can move on to a cooler shiny!' thought. I just want this hunt to end TT_TT

To both of you guys~ the only advice that counts for anything is "Hunt without expecting anything." If you expect or hope to get the shiny today, like darkpokeball said, when you don't it sucks. Also don't expect/hope for one each encounter - the encounters I do when I get lost in something else go by so much faster than the ones spent staring at a screen.
But last and not least, if you stick with it, not only will it be worth it but it will slowly get easier. A longer hunt just makes you more motivated (huh Treecko? Lol)

Years
Congrats Bern on charmander and Slenderman on Chikorita and to anyone I missed Good luck TSE! anyway I have some shiny new of my own!

2 SHINIES IN 1 DAY 2X IN THE SAME MONTH! SHINY SUDOWOODO AFTER 427 SRs!

i4o7kj.jpg

I found this shiny last night at 11:00pm and I immediately froze in disbelief before shutting the DS to catch the sparkles and you don't get to see the battle because I upload videos to youtube and I like to catch the sparkles to my shinies. This shiny is so beautiful I did not expect it to appear so early pretty sure my next hunt will be long so *throws my luck to everyone* good luck guys
wink.gif

The nature is hasty and its somewhat vain and I'm now at 4124 SRs for moltres.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Dratini and Gyarados, Paulthagerous!

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Abra and Sudowoodo, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Bern!

Welcome to the club, darkpokeball! I'm sorry to hear about the Marill.

@Kirozane: I like to watch TV or listen to podcasts or music on my iPod while hunting. Doing something else at the same time helps me. Good luck on your hunt!

darkpokeball

Years
@LatiosMaster Oh, believe me, it was painful to lose my first legit shiny pokemon that had been with me since Ruby.

I have decided to start Masuda'ing, instead of wild-encountering. The reason for this is that wild encounters are beginning to drag on and I realized 'wait...I can hatch like...5 eggs at once, right? So why settle for 2 encounters with a 1/8192 chance when I can have 5 encounters with a 1/1366 chance?'
Deciding which of my japanese pokemon I should start breeding first...most likely a Smeargle or a Charmander.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Gratz on all the new shinys and welcome to new members.

My hunts are becoming really really painful... As I'm still waiting for my first shiny for my collection...and nothing seems to shine for me.

shiny mew(contest): 1001
shiny starter on HG: 401
shiny cobalion: 3227
shiny solosis: 1015

The numbers aren't very high yet, but come on...let just one pokémon shine for me...
Maybe it's hard for me to hunt now because I have never seen a legit shiny pop up, and the wait for the first one takes abit long...maybe if I get my first one the pain of hunting will be less :).

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
So why settle for 2 encounters with a 1/8192 chance when I can have 5 encounters with a 1/1366 chance?'

Because to have a random encounter takes max 10 secs - find it, see it, run. To hatch an egg (depending on type and assuming someone with flame armor in the party) means picking it up, running around for a minute, watch it hatch, go to box, release, go pick up new egg. More like 1-2 mins per egg, even if 5 at a time. If it is a really quick one to hatch, the problem becomes waiting for another egg to be made.

I am not saying that MM will be slower - it still MAY be quicker - but it is nowhere near as advantageous as 2/8192 vs 5/1366.

Years
Well just an update, i went on an egg hatching spree just to see if my luck progressed.

180 Munna eggs
32 Roggenrolla eggs
56 Solosis eggs

I did not get a shiny from this sadly (but i wasn't expecting it anyway) I just felt like maybe the luck would continue after charmander lol :), but guess not this time. I think i will keep hatching Munna eggs until 250 tonight :P. I will start Soft resetting drifloon tommorow and continue from my current 6400 total SR's :D (I hope it shines before 8192!!!)

Back