• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriting Tutorials - Pokemon and Trainer

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Thanks, planning on using this soon to increase my terrible spriting skills xD

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
There are a few errant pixels on the outline of the head and need to be cleaned up, and it looks like you missed a shade in your recolor; notice the dark red/brown lines on your blue and black sprites. You should also try to make sure that the background leg looks like it's in relatively the same spot as the fore leg on that side of the body.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2011
This is what i did...
my_first_fakemon__by_collourguy-d3ijha7.png

They are not my pallet's but i tryed to based off this...
pebbles_by_stroverachampion-d3hmk8s.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2016
There are a few errant pixels on the outline of the head and need to be cleaned up, and it looks like you missed a shade in your recolor; notice the dark red/brown lines on your blue and black sprites. You should also try to make sure that the background leg looks like it's in relatively the same spot as the fore leg on that side of the body.
ok i fixed it and also did another sprite

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
All the tutorials so far are amazing. So simple and easy to use, yet still packed with more information than 80% of other tutorials out there. Keep it up!!

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
Hey chesu, how are all the other tutorials coming along? I love these so far, but I'm still pretty poor at spiriting despite the many attempts I have tried. Nothing to do with your tutorials though, just I'm more of a scripter :)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Unfortunately, I just haven't had the time for it; I have two unfinished tutorials in the wings, and have for nearly two years now. I should probably try to make the time to get at least those done...

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
MM's Video Tutorials

All focused on scratch fakemon, B/W style. Concept and Animation tutorials forthcoming... if you have a request for a specific fakemon tutorial, contact me on youtube.

Lineart
Shading

More forthcoming.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Thank you for the tutorials, comrade. I needed the refresher after being away from hacking for a few years.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
First Overworld

34yci2o.jpg

My first over-world, fully animated. Thanks for these amazing tutorials.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
wow a tutorial on how to sprite cool.......

but one question what do i use in editing and making sprites what site like adobe or corel draw or just painting.....? it would be a huge help for me if u can tell me im just a beginner and im wanting to make sprites......

Back