• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
It is really great of you guys to do this. It really makes creating Pokemon games so much easier. Just curious, will you be including a berry system?

I can't express my gratitude of you making these systems. May God bring you good times.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, once again thank-you for comments.
I wonder what I should do right now?

Years
The way I have set up the item system, you can just make one of the berry variables a digit which will represent what type of berry it is.
I am letting you guys know that I might not post for a while because I am at my dads place for the weekend and my brother cut the cord for the internet at my mums house.. >:(

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Guess there's another member who won't be posting for a while.
Anyway, have a nice time! Brothers can sure be irritating.

Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Guess there's another member who won't be posting for a while.
Anyway, have a nice time! Brothers can sure be irritating.
Don't worry, I will be sure to get a lot of work done and have a big update for next time I come here

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
Don't worry, I will be sure to get a lot of work done and have a big update for next time I come here
Sorry about the pkmn selection screen. I'll work on the gfx for the CMS though. Should it be a direct rip?

santadidit102

GFX Artist
Years
Barry said:
It is really great of you guys to do this. It really makes creating Pokemon games so much easier. Just curious, will you be including a berry system?

I can't express my gratitude of you making these systems. May God bring you good times.

Amen!!

Years
Hehehe I'm back and the internet is all fixed! I don't have a big update for you guys though.. Sorry :(
DM don't worry about it. Ummm direct rips will be best for originality..
I will have to change the HP bar to something else, this one is a bit sore on the eyes.
Do you think rm2k3kid would mind if I used his HP bar? I will ask him..

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Ummm direct rips will be best for originality
Hah, that sound like an oxymoron to me :)

I had an idea for the introduction panning scene. You know what I'm talking about? The background can be a panning paralax bg (obviously) but you have the grass as a seperate picture moving gradually right and down.

And I think the creator of Pokemon Shadow, was it? got the thing correct with displaying a trainer's # of pkmn before battle.

BTW, I think we should use my text speed script. No one around here has used it yet except for me, which is interesting. Just put this before each message:
\s[\v[x]] where x is a variable that is a number from 0 to 10. Make sense?

santadidit102

GFX Artist
Years
messedup.bmp
.........i need help can someone tell me how to put the text in the box?

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Make a message event and allign all the words in the middle of the box.

Years
DarkMage31 said:
Hah, that sound like an oxymoron to me :)

I had an idea for the introduction panning scene. You know what I'm talking about? The background can be a panning paralax bg (obviously) but you have the grass as a seperate picture moving gradually right and down.

And I think the creator of Pokemon Shadow, was it? got the thing correct with displaying a trainer's # of pkmn before battle.

BTW, I think we should use my text speed script. No one around here has used it yet except for me, which is interesting. Just put this before each message:
\s[\v[x]] where x is a variable that is a number from 0 to 10. Make sense?
Yeah then we could set the text speed from the menu but that would require a lot of going backwards and finding all the text strings... Are we including a CMS with the public CBS? Because If we aren't then I will do it later...
I am still in the process of changing all the switches and variables... I think I am halfway through the variables.

Your asking for a lot there DM but I guess I could give it a try... I will need some graphics for the trainer's # of pkmn... I havent done it yet because I havent done the trainers part yet lol...

Panning... I guess It could be done... I will need to muck about with pictures first though..

Ok priority list:
1. Finish variable swapping
2. Complete HP bar
3. Do text strings
4. Insert trainers into battle
5. # of pokemon
6. Panning
7. Finish coding on item system
8. Make switches or something to distunguish between using items in-battle and outof-battle
9. Test :P
I think there is more but it will come to me later

Years
Ok I have done the variable swapping and there were no switches to change.. I had a very big glitch because I had one of the events activate under a variable condtion and (of course) the variable search did not tell me this. Anyway its all fixed now and I will do more work tomorrow

santadidit102

GFX Artist
Years
I can't use the withdraw deposit system as I can't catch a pokemon.
Is there a way to catch Latios? If there isn't, I'll just check the event.

--EDIT--

This is an extremely long event.
that was a while ago..... but oh well
yea,i'll put a pokeball in.....

Ok, My first tut, so if it don't make sense, that's why!
I recently got asked: "How do you catch Pokemon in your game?" So I thought why don't I make a tut for it? Please note that as far as I know this only works for 1 monster battles at a time.. Ok, here goes:

1.) Create an item - Like a Pokeball that turnes a switch on... call the switch something like *Itemwhatever*ON
(So if you were making a Pokemon game it would be a Pokeball item, Price: 20, Switch: PokeballON)
-------------------
Now for the next part you must copy and paste (But change certain parts) for every monster you wanna be able to catch in your game...
-------------------
2.) Make a test monster
3.) Go to "Monster Groups" then under "Battle Events" put in this code:
Trigger: Switch [What ever you called the switch your item turns on] ON

then make a message appear showing that your using the item, then mabe a battle animation (Of a Pokeball?)

Now set up a variable for the monsters Health (You can use the same Variable for all the monsters) and set it Equal To, Monster, HP...

Now if you want it to work anyway, no matter wether the monsters have full health then ignor the next few parts!

Add a Conditional Branch so that if the Variable MONSTERS Health, or what ever you just called it is less than 30 (Or what ever you choose) then:
Show a message to show you have caught the monster, mabe a sound effect.. then if you want to record how many monsters you have caught you can create a variable MONSTERS CAPTURED or summit and + 1!

Now add that monster to your Party.. (I dont know what happens when you reach your Party limit..)

Now switch off the Switch that your item turns on

Then switch on another switch called (What ever the monsters name is) Captured. This is so you cant capture him again..

And finaly take away 1 of the item you first created...

Now create a new page, the set the Trigger to be if *Item*ON and *Monstername*CAPTURED then:
Display mesage: I already have this monster!
then switch off *Item*ON!

Thats it.. simple?? right.. simple?

thats from GW
.......not sure if it'll work w/ the battle sys. though....i'll try
__EDIT__

Krazy, i got all the trainer sprites from r/s/fr/lg........do u have aim?or yahoo?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
OMFG! I got the screen pan! It looks sooooooo sweet! I'll send it to meerkat as soon as I get the timing perfect :) It's the coolest thing you'll ever see in RM2K ;)

-Edit-
Here it is! The pkmn panning scene for grass appearances!!! I think it's sweet :)
Anyone else can use it too, so long as they give me credit. Also note that the grass platform rip I'm using is a little iffy. I need to edit it some more later.

Download CBS Pan

Last edited:
Years
DarkMage31 said:
OMFG! I got the screen pan! It looks sooooooo sweet! I'll send it to meerkat as soon as I get the timing perfect :) It's the coolest thing you'll ever see in RM2K ;)

-Edit-
Here it is! The pkmn panning scene for grass appearances!!! I think it's sweet :)
Anyone else can use it too, so long as they give me credit. Also note that the grass platform rip I'm using is a little iffy. I need to edit it some more later.

Download CBS Pan
Ok kool that's one thing I don't have to do :)
I just finished d/ling it. I will see what you have done. I like it! I just gotta see where I have some spare picture numbers...
Ok time for a new Priority List
1. Add in the Panning
2. Complete HP bar
3. Do text strings
4. Insert trainers into battle
5. # of pokemon
6. Finish coding on item system
7. Make switches or something to distunguish between using items in-battle and outof-battle
I will be back :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back