• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're*

Kyouhei_ii00

I'm male
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I kind of correct people in my head going kind of like "Hmm...you got this wrong, that wrong, this one too..". It rather bugs me to see so much grammar mistakes there.

Years
When it's my own writing, I always need to make sure that I haven't made any mistakes, as it bothers me to no end when I use incorrect grammar or spell something wrong. It doesn't bother me as much if someone else makes grammar/spelling mistakes, though, so I don't go out of my way to point it out, unless someone asks me to.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I am picky, yes. I think it's a shame if you only know one language and yet you don't know how to use it properly. I have some friends who have English as a second language, and I asked them if they'd mind if I corrected them if I saw something wrong (don't want to be rude) and they actually appreciate it. I think I would appreciate it too, if I were learning a language, because I'd want to become fluent.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm a bit of a grammar freak when it comes to editing papers or articles, but there are times when I forget a few grammar rules.

Years
Personally, I try to make sure mine is correct. I tend to slip up, though. My biggest flaw is remembering when it's supposed to be who and when it's whom. D:

As for other people, if it's in general posts on the Internet, I really don't care. Not enough to correct them, anyway. I might cringe a little on the inside, but I'm not going to correct them. In a more formal setting, like writing or articles or office settings, I hate seeing them. But I'm still not correcting them. It's not my place.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
English, being my second language, means that I am by no means immune to the odd spelling or grammatical mistake, however people who seem to put little to no effort into their typing really grinds on me. I think this is because I feel that people who are natively English speakers should have no excuse not to use correct grammar / spelling.

That said, an honest mistake is just a mistake, it's when people don't make any effort that it bothers me.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I am a grammar nazi. That's it. Texting tends to annoy me, as you get the idk, jk thing, misspells, not giving a **** etc. I do use some of these for laughs and giggles, or to be quick but if people overuse them...
smilies I can deal with though xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I am definitely a stickler for proper grammar. I try to make sure everything I write is grammatically correct, and I constantly get on my parents when they use improper grammar. It's also the reason I hate texting and will never do it - texting "grammar" is absolutely atrocious.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
It really depends, though I tend to try to be as grammatically correct as possible about things. When it comes to IMs and whatnot, I find myself to be a fair bit lax on that though. I still make an attempt to come off understandable, at least.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Bad grammar annoys me to no end. That is to say, when people make simple errors it annoys me to no end. I honestly make a lot of mistakes regarding things like the correct placement of commas, and I use a lot of fragments in my writing, though. I just hate it when people don't at least try to make their writing understandable, I guess.

Though honestly the misuse of words like your/you're kind of irritates me. A lot.

Back