• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Place to Train?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
In FR:Like Urugumasu said, I could just re-battle around Bill's house

In Emerald AND FR: I dunno. I train everywhere.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
In Fire Red, there are three great spots:

1) The gap between Erika and Koga is huge!!! Luckily, the group of Bikers near the Celedon entrance/ exit to the Cycling Road (depends on which direction you're coming from) have strong enough Pokemon to train against.

2) Prior to fighting the League, that space just outside Ember Spa on One Island is ideal. Powerful trainers to fight against and a healing spot nearby.

3) Post Game, the best place to train (not just in FR/LG but in all of 3rd Gen) would be on Seven Island, in Seavault Canyon, just before and right by the Chansey House. Trainers with ridiculously high leveled Pokemon and a healing spot within a short distance.

Vs Seeker FTW!!!!

Emerald on the other hand was a pain. No great training spots prior to fighting the League. Your only option is an extended stay near the end of Victory Road (I despise Hariyama, Lairon, Whirlwind and Knock off). Post Game, the only option you have is to repeatedly challenge the League.

Last edited:
Years
I can't remember where I battle mostly in FR/LG. I did use the VS Seeker a handful of times to grind Pomemon up to a more sustained and suitable level for the Elite Four.

In the other 3 games, the Elite Four gets my vote. I grind there regularly, but once your Pokemon reach 80+, it begins to get a little bit more challenging to get that Swampert to level 100 ;)

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Not necessarily a grinding spot, but I love battling everyone in Giovanni's gym. I normally train Omastar there, and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is he hilarious in that gym ahaha.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Hoenn has a bit more of a grind to level 100 because of the lack of the consistent vs seeker fr/lg has but in r/s/e I just battle the e4 repeatedly and of course in fr/lg I just spam the vs seeker on sevi islands 6-7.

Pretty much what I did in my games. >.>
Only if Hoenn had a VS Seeker.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
On Pokemon Emerald I always battled those two breeders between Mauville City and Verdantuf Town. They have 6 pokemon each and give good experience.

On Leafgreen cycling road was my favorite place to train, and sometimes I would train by the spa on One Island.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
any place that has a lot of near trainers that are near to your level (and i use the verse seeker on them)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Pre-E4 (after the E4, rechallenging them is the best way to grind in pretty much all of the games):

In FR/LG, I mostly use the Vs. Seeker on the bikers at the top of cycling road and the cluster of trainers down in the southeast corner - east of Fuchsia. And of course the two trainers outside the Spa on Kindle Road.

In RSE, I mostly just grind wherever I can find the highest level pokemon with the most convenient typings or EVs for whoever I'm working on, but I have a few spots that I tend to use more than others. At the earlier levels, I turn lots of circles in the little patch of grass west of Mauville on Route 117, then later in the long grass at the top of Route 120 - just east of Fortree. Then near the end, it's mostly in Victory Road. And I battle Ty and Gabby every chance I get.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Victory Road in LG and Gabby & Ty in Sapphire/Emerald. I loved tracking down Gabby & Ty just to stomp them in one turn and get that quick EXP. It was great until around level 40 but I didn't need much beyond that anyway because I just used them to evolve some stuff I had.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
In FR/LG - On the way to Mt. Ember, there is a place near the Spa (quick healing spot) where there are five trainers together (one double, so actually four) and if you time your Vs Seeker right you'll battle them all. Also, the Cycling Road's entrance is the best without saying.

In R/S/E - Gabby and TY. Also Victory Road, since re-battling trainers then was difficult.

This goes without saying, the Elite Four Rematch is the best way to train in R/S/E, but the problem in FR/LG is there is no damn Elite Four rematch before we finish the post-game... darn...

Back