• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TAKE THAT!: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 5 is coming to the west

Zet

Years
source

Update: Capcom has confirmed to me that Ace Attorney 5 is indeed coming to the U.S. Here's their statement:

Capcom is planning to release Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) in the West. We'll have more news soon.

A Capcom representative also clarified that they use "West" to refer to both the U.S. and Europe.

Original story: No objections here. The folks at Pocket Gamer say Capcom has told them Ace Attorney 5, recently confirmed by Famitsu as a 3DS release starring Phoenix Wright himself, is indeed getting an English release.

Pocket Gamer is a British site, of course, and there's no confirmation that "West" necessarily means U.S. But if the upcoming lawyer sim is getting an English translation, chances are we'll see it here too.

I'm honestly happy that we won't have to wait forever to see this game getting localized.

thread music:
[hd]zb7jrb6l4MU[/hd]

Years
I will have to tell Kura about this; she will bounce off the walls! XD

Anyway, this is very cool. It is another game I have to add to my list to get a hold of! :3​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Did anyone say... screenshots?

Here, have some!

Spoiler:

Next yearI'll have a million games to play for my 3DS XD I hope they slow down the releases because hell.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I like the idea of having an older assistant for once in the series, and I'm considerably hoping she won't be as awful and annoying as Maya.

That said, I'm pretty intrigued of having a darker theme and tone for the game, as evident in the first case being a courthouse bombing. I have no doubts that next year will be a great year for 3DS owners.

Years
It would be nice if we could get a localisation of AAI2, but what can you do? Nevertheless, I would consider getting a 3DS for this game eventually.

Also, while I'm not worried about them ditching Maya and some of the older characters, I do hope they retain some sort of continuity in the series. Apollo Justice didn't quite feel like a Phoenix Wright game, probably less so than Ace Attorney Investigations - that's not to say they weren't both great.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Loving the new screenshots here. I only became a fan of the Ace Attorney series back in July 2009 after someone streamed the game online and I was instantly hooked. Really interested to see what cases Capcom has come up with, as well as hoping for a case 5 in the mix. :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The game looks like it's coming together! Everything seems really futuristic~ Like that creepy police guy's gadget (and yeah. he looks like a CREEP) and your assistant's technological gauntlet (as what I can figure). I can't piece together what it does, but it looks interesting. <3

Ace Attorney vs. Layton looks amazing too; I'm really loving the 3D effects in both games - it's a big step from the 2-D sprites. ^^

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Damn it. Why do they have to release so many games I like so soon. I can't buy a 3DS yet!

I'm not really fond of 3D, but it still looks awesome. Hopefully they even add voices this time, but that would kinda make Objection less awesome.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
Years
Originally, I wasn't sure about them moving to 3D, I mean, that's really what gave the games their charm, but it seems that the transition is rather smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing more (and I'm in love with the AA remixes in both of the videos, gotta love Noriyuki Iwadare).

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Oh, those screenshots...! I'm very excited for this. It's been way too long since an Ace Attorney game was last released. But it seems like Apollo Justice will have to wait a little while before he gets a sequel.

Yes, I agree. Next year will be a great year for 3DS owners.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Well, guess I'll be needing to save up for a 3DS now. I have been waiting for a REAL Phoenix Wright game since the abomination that was Apollo Justice...

...though where the heck is Maya? I really don't like whomever this new assistant is already... because she's not Maya. Yeah, I'm a Maya fan, what of it?

I'm not fond of 3D so I don't have a 3DS yet... but once it has enough games, like this... *drool* (let's just hope the writing is good and not like Apollo Justice had...)

Back