• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Awh congrats Andy(!) even though I had to stop momentarily because I was laughing so hard. (At the sex on the couch comment. Lmfao. That's priceless.) I'm glad your Grindr experience has gone well... I'm surprised you found someone on there that wasn't just looking for sex. Like I'm completely shocked but I guess it happens.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yeaah, Maryland and Maine passed their marriage equality laws. Still waiting for Washington and Minnesota but Washington apparently is on the lean towards marriage equality. Also, this was the first time in history marriage equality has been passed on the public voting in favor.

EDIT:
It looks like will Washington pass it and Minnesota is too close to tell but they're (Minnesota) voting on whether it should be banned.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yeah, so it looks like Washington, Maryland, and Maine all passed their marriage equality laws and Minnesota voted no on banning marriage equality. At least that's what I'm see from all the gay blogs/campaigns like HRC/NOH8/Towleroad/Queerty etc.

Sooo yay Marriage Equality! <3 And for our returning President Barack Obama!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Aww thank you so much guys! This is so awesome - sometimes this club can go with like one or two replies a day, but I post a coming out story and somehow I get seven in one night XD

gfay was my typo too, but I'm glad I seem to have started something :P.

SwiftSign said:
[Yes it's been a while since I've been in here, still queer, hello.]
TornZero said:
And a welcome back to SwiftSign and his queerness.

These are my favourite posts of the entire lot lmao.

I DON'T CARE THAT THE DISCUSSION MOVED ON, I STARTED WRITING THIS POST 24 HOURS AGO AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF MY TARDINESS STOPS ME FROM BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

Years
In other election news, Tammy Baldwin is now the first openly gay person to be elected to the US Senate. (We've had a couple senators who were in the closet, I believe.) She's from Wisconsin which, while usually a blue state recently, isn't quite as blue as places like New York or California so it's especially heartening to see she could win.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Wow, looks like the US are becoming more and more gay-friendly every day. I'm so glad for you guys ^_^

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey Andy I just read your story; I hope everything continues to go fairly well for you!
I know for me I felt both like throwing-up and smiling simultaneously when I told my parents that I was 'gfay' XD

To add to the pro-gay election results, let's not forget about President Obama's reelection, simply because it is likely that two justices will retire this term, and I believe that the Supreme Court will be the institution that uproots marriage inequality if there are 5 or 6 liberal-leaning justices. All-in-all, I was happy with most of the election result across the board my first election!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
aww Andy that was beautiful

I love how you made the conversation less Brady-Bunch-esque than it needed to be

and the first openly gay person on big brother won and then proposed it was so beautiful

so many feels

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Yay Andy!

I am sooo proud of Minnesota!

And my grandma! She had SEVEN "VOTE NO" signs on her lawn. SEVEN.

I love my granny.

Years
I love your granny, too. I really wish we'd hurry up with that legal challenge to Prop 8 so it can get to the Supreme Court which can then overturn all the anti-gay marriage laws in the country and we can finally have that done with.

QueenMadz

I floop the pig~
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Hello all, I would like to join this group ^,^

I'm Pansexual ,Transgender (MtF) and Genderqueer

So hello all <3

Years
Welcome aboard. We used to have a crown we passed around, but I think it got lost several pages back.

Since you're new you can tell us something more about yourself, if you'd like, like where you're from or if you're out to anyone, or whatever you're comfortable with. Or you could just wait until the conversation picks back up. Anyway, hope to see you around.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
I'm freaking terrified. I want to come out and just tell my family to get it over with. I'd rather live with their hate for who I am than live in fear that they might find out. I have planned to do it tonight, which is probobly a bad time, but I don't care. I will be posting tomorrow to say how it goes, but right now I'm so scared it's making me sick to my stomach and pale.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Do you still depend on your parents? If the answer is yes in any way (Money, food, a place to live), then I wouldn't do it. If I were you, I'd try and convince them that I'm straight.

But if you don't depend on your parents, if you're making money on your own, and have a place to live, then it'd be a lot safer to do it.

QueenMadz

I floop the pig~
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Well to talk about myself, hmm.

Well I recently came out as Trans, I have had a mental battle with gender and I eventually came to terms with who I am after a good year or so. I did originally come out as trans back in February, but there was too much stuff going on at the time, I just ended up rejecting it all. While I'm not ashamed of being trans, I am afraid of some of the things I could end up dealing with such as not being able to pass (voice being the big one) or not being able to find romance due to me being trans*. I really wish I could just "womanize" myself and have a voice and apperence that matches to what I want.

I wish society wasn't such a butt about this kind of stuff. :x

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm not turned off by trans, I wish society wouldn't portray thdm as weird, that's just unfair.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, QueenMadz! It's great to meet you :D

Also thank you to everybody else who posted nice things about my coming out story since I last posted, it means a lot to me :)

Destructor said:
I'm freaking terrified. I want to come out and just tell my family to get it over with. I'd rather live with their hate for who I am than live in fear that they might find out. I have planned to do it tonight, which is probobly a bad time, but I don't care. I will be posting tomorrow to say how it goes, but right now I'm so scared it's making me sick to my stomach and pale.

If there's one thing I've learned recently, it's that living in fear is the worst thing you can do. But if you're going to come out (and there's a strong chance I'm already too late to give you this advice, but I'm going to persevere just in case I'm not) then you have to make sure you do it right.

Firstly, don't do it with everybody at once. Get one person on their own at a time and do it one on one. This does prolong the horrifying experience, but it makes each session a lot less pressure-packed. If everybody reacts badly, then you don't want them all in the same room at the same time.

Find the person who you believe is most likely to be accepting of the news, and start with them. Be it a sibling or one of your parents, it doesn't matter. Give them a little time to absorb, and then if they don't react too badly, you know you have at least a bit of support behind you for the next person you tell. Also, if any of your friends know that you're gay, let them know that you're going to tell your family and that if it goes badly, you might need to spend the night at their place.

The amount of people who actually get kicked out for being gay is dramatically decreasing, so I'm not personally too worried about that, but you know your family better than I do so I'd go with your own gut on that one. I think the fact that they already think you're gay and haven't kicked you out is a good indication that they won't even when they do have it confirmed.

You did mention before that they were abusing you about this. Could you maybe elaborate on that if it's not too painful to talk about?

Also good luck. Let us know how it goes/went :)

QueenMadz said:
Well I recently came out as Trans, I have had a mental battle with gender and I eventually came to terms with who I am after a good year or so. I did originally come out as trans back in February, but there was too much stuff going on at the time, I just ended up rejecting it all. While I'm not ashamed of being trans, I am afraid of some of the things I could end up dealing with such as not being able to pass (voice being the big one) or not being able to find romance due to me being trans*. I really wish I could just "womanize" myself and have a voice and apperence that matches to what I want.

I'm glad you've gotten to a place where you're happy with yourself :). When you came out to other people, how did they react? Did you meet much resistance? I imagine it's worse than coming out as gay because it generally means an even tougher road than gay people generally face.

Last edited:
Back