• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Pokemon ever captured

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Out of the Fourth Generation of Pokemon Gaming, what was your first ever captured Pokemon. (This excludes starters!) What was your first ever capture within HGSS? DPPt? Can you remember?

To be totally down to earth, I can't remember. But it'd probably have to be either Shinx or Starly in DPPt and either Pidey or Sentret in HGSS. Out of the generation as a whole, I'd place a bet on either Shinx or Starly due the fact that I had bought and played Diamond, before I got my hands on Heart Gold.

Years
For HeartGold, the first Pokemon that I ever caught was Caterpie. It ended up becoming the leader of my team throughout the game, and it's one of the only Pokemon I've actually taken time to train up to level 100.

I'm having a hard time remembering what my first capture was in Platinum, even though I started it after HeartGold. I'm thinking that it was Bidoof, though, because I know I caught one just north of Jubilife, before I really did anything in the city. It was terribly difficult to train, but did manage to be my HM slave for a small while until I found a much higher leveled Bibarel to replace it.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
My first pokemon was starly. then i got shinx. Both came into my team.

In SS, my first was sentret, or it was rattata. dun remember...

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
It was a Starly and that Starly was the only pokemon i liked more them my starter pokemon in sinnoh. HG/SS Was Geodude in the cave before violet city.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow... that's hard...
I know it was in Pearl... but if it was Starly or Bidoof, that's something I cannot recall...
In SS it was probably Pidgey or Sentret.

I don't care much about first captures as they usually aren't the ones that I use.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
In SoulSilver I started the game at night time or the beginning of night times so my first capture has a Hoothoot; which I actually used through my gameplay.

In Diamond my first capture was Shinx which I also used in my team.

I actually started a new game in SouSilver today because I felt like it and my first capture was a Bellsprout which I will soon evolve into a Victrebell when that one trainer in the route under Goldernrod City give me my Leaf Stone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In both Pearl and Platinum it was a Shinx. In Pearl it made it into my in-game team. I even killed multiple Starly and Bidoof beforehand to ensure my first capture would be Shinx so I'm pretty confident that it was my first capture.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
My first in Pearl + Platinum was Starly. I loved Staraptor as it proved very useful so thats a plus. In SoulSilver it was Pidgey I think... I can't really remember. But I don't really remember getting a Sentret or a Bellsprout, due to the fact they aren't very good.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The first-ever Pokemon I caught in Gen IV was Bidoof, much to my annoyance. Since then, strangely enough, I've run into more Bidoof than Starly in D/P/Pt.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I first caught a Starly I believe. I always forced myself to knowing I would need a bird later in game. :l

BiGoDeViN28

Psalm 141:3
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen May 26, 2013
In both Pearl and Platinum I would always catch a Starly, knowing it would become useful in late-game.

As for HGSS, it was a Pidgey, for the same reasons.

Come to think of it, I believe I always catch a flying type first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
In HG it was a Mareep because I'd already played GS and I knew what team I wanted and where to get them, but for Pearl I caught literally everything I came across first time so I'm guessing it was either a Bidoof or Starly xD Although I seem to remember it being a Kricketot which only knew Bide so I got rid of it to use something cooler like a derpface Bidoof.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
For Platinum I think from memory it was a Bidoof or starly xD. Must of been either one,Bidoof for HM Purposes and Starly just because I thought it's final evolution looked cool :D.

And Heartgold,I'm going to guess Mareep since it's the first electric type and generally I catch those.

Back