• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
My first shiny was a shiny Solrock in Emerald. I caught it and raised it to lvl.100, then restarted the game years later. I didn't really know it was a shiny, but I knew it was special because it's color was different, so I caught it anyways.

I haven't gotten a shiny since a couple of days ago, since I soft-reset my HeartGold dozens upon dozens of times to receive a shiny Cyndaquil.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
a long long time ago i was playing silver on a emulator. it wasnt released yet apart from in japan so i had this murky fanlation. i came across a purple drowzee on route 35 and i thought it was a bug. I didnt know anything about shinies back then.

I was playing Pokemon Pearl, and I just used surf and surfed a small distance almost reaching land, and ran into a shiny Golduck, and this is after years of playing Pokemon. I was stoked, but all my pokemon were like lvl 70.. And I tried spamming balls but it didn't work.. So I took a chance to hurt it with my weakest move.. And I killed it.. I quickly turned off my game and tried to find it again.. But I never did.. ;(

My second experience was in Emerald, I was in a cave and found a shiny Zubat, and I was like 'Well... It is a shiny..'.

My third and last experience was recently-ish when I was playing Saphire.. And I found a shiny Electrode.. That was the most intense experience ever... I mean, any moment he could of self destructed and killed my Pokemon.. (Plus they're hard enough to find in the wild and I didn't wanna have to get him with the evolution way).

But I caught him! ^.^
shiny zubats are awesome. then it evolves to crobat and it looks horrible .

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The first shiny I encountered was Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. The first one I actually caught was Koffing in Emerald.

Years
Right now I'm going through White, Platinum, and HeartGold with the "all wild Pokemon are shiny" AR code activated because I've been playing Pokemon for thirteen years or so now and don't view my AR runs in my emulator as 'unfair', merely 'having fun', so I'm seeing a lot of shinies at the moment, haha.

However, my first legitimate shiny encounter was, I believe, with a shiny Zubat in Rock Tunnel. Didn't know what it was and I have the vague memory of defeating it. I was probably about eight and the oldest of my four siblings so no one was there to tell me what it was. I ran into a shiny Koffing around the time I got Ruby, that was right next to Lavaridge Town in the Fiery Path. Caught it, but still didn't know what it was or how rare it was. Found out what it was through Google but failed to understand how rare it was and eventually started a new game, so the Koffing's gone forever.

The last shiny I encountered is absolutely maddening. It happened about two and a half years ago and it was in the Battle Pyramid. A wild Shiny Ludicolo. I wasn't using cheats at the moment so I had no way to catch it. I just stared at it for a while hating my life, haha. It pained me to dispose of it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
Shiny Zubat in Silver GBC
and recently, I started Heartgold with a shiny starter Chikorita!

Years
I've only encountered one shiny up to now and that was a level 10 meowth. Unfortunately I had no pokeballs with me so I couldn't catch it. That was years ago and I have yet to see another one.

Years
I'm.. pretty sure I got a shiny or two in Crystal from that special egg, but I don't really remember nor want to count that since the chances of it hatching shiny is like 50%. xD; So my first real shiny was Whismur in Sapphire! :3 Sadly I don't have her anymore since I was an idiot and restarted my game.

Years
Shiny Lotad in Pokemon Sapphire. Since then I have expanded... I'm fairly lucky when it comes to shinies. My grey Charizard and gold Steelix are still staples in my teams. Also have a gold Pidgeot, black and gold Luxray, grey and gold Metagross (favourite shiny) and green Skarmory :) my sister has only ever found a brown Starly... lolz bad luck.

EDIT: I have had others traded to me but these are my wild ones :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Shiny Lotad in Pokemon Sapphire. Since then I have expanded... I'm fairly lucky when it comes to shinies. My grey Charizard and gold Steelix are still staples in my teams. Also have a gold Pidgeot, black and gold Luxray, grey and gold Metagross (favourite shiny) and green Skarmory :) my sister has only ever found a brown Starly... lolz bad luck.

EDIT: I have had others traded to me but these are my wild ones :)

you have found a lot of shiny pokemon lol

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Shiny Togepi in Gold. I was so sad when I found out the battery in my Gold game died and I lost little Togero. I do have another Shiny Togepi named Tegaro but it will never replace Togero.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I've been playing pokemon for 13 years now. Only one time in my life have I ever found a shiny pokemon. It was a shiny Oddish on the original Silver version, back then I didn't know why it was sparkling like that and accidentally killed it. Never found a shiny since.

Years
I think it was a Rattata in my Silver version (or Crystal, it was on a Gen II game, that much I recall).

After that it was a shiny Gastly in FireRed I had a while back, but I don't have either of those anymore.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm.... My first was back in Tentacool in original gold but at the time I didn't know what a shiny was. First one I caught was Hoppip in the Safari Zone thing in Heartgold. I was extremely worried it was going to flee, but it didn't

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
The first shiny I got was a Shiny Ralts. I don't even remember how I got it though, I think it was in an egg :p

The second and last so far was a shiny Roselia I got in pearl. It is pretty awesome I think :)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
The only shiny I've ever seen in any of my games is the shiny Gyrados from HeartGold.

I do, however, have a cousin who encountered a shiny Buizel, and gave it to me in exchange for a Bellsprout (which was kinda like the money of trading for us, we kept a few dozens in our PCs)

KnockFan

Just a Beginner ...
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
My first shiny that I've saw and caught outside of the Gyarados in Gold is a Rhyhorn I saw in the Safari Zone from Leaf Green. I pretty much threw the ball and it got caught right there. I was pretty much quite excited at that point.

Ehrgeiz

CustomTitle1.Show()
Years
Mine was a Golbat. I was training a Dragonite in Cerulean Cave for about an hour, then boom! random shiny. I was so excited on getting a shiny Crobat xD

Years
My first shiny was a blue and cream Medicham in Victory Road in Diamond. I tried using it in the Elite 4 but it wasn't strong enough and I couldn't be bothered training it.

The second was only last month where I caught a level 7 golden Poochyena in Emerald. I decided that sucked too and I didn't use it :/

Back