• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Region

The Best Region ^_^

• Kanto

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
What do you think the best region pokemon gaming ?
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or maybe Unova :) ?

I think the best region is johto
because i first play pokemon gaming in the johto region. ;)

I make a "POLL" on this thread and dont forget to replies ^_^

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm a fan of Unova. Either in Black or Black 2 - all my favorite Pokemon are native to Unova, some that are not, like Buizel, can be also be caught in Unova. For me, Unova seems really easy to navigate around. Also Black 2 was the first game I played without cheating, so lots of great memories come from that game (it also got me out of emulations and roms, and instead focus more on the real DS games).

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Kanto because:
1. IT HAS SANDSHREW!!!
2. I like all but 1-2 of the pokemon you can catch in it (I'm looking at you Jynx).
3. It was the original, and I like originals.
4. FireRed was probably my favourite game I played (still want to buy Blue!).
5. I just like the region as a whole.
6. Did I mention it has Sandshrew?
That's it :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I accidentally voted on Sinnoh, but the best region for me is Unova. Unova is amazing, I love the shame of that region. The graphic quality helps me a lot on the decision. Hoenn is a close second.

Years
In my personal opinion, Hoenn is the best out of all the regions, with Unova not too far behind. At this point, we haven't been able to see it compete graphically with the other regions (all the others have been seen on DS games in one form or another besides Hoenn), but even then, the Battle Frontier, Mt. Pyre, Sootopolis City and the underwater routes are amazing as it is. Combine that with having to face two different evil organizations and arguably the biggest innovation to the series in the Battle Frontier, and you've got yourself a pretty good region.

blue

gucci
Years
Hoenn with all it's tropical beauty, it definitely stands out from the crowd of the other regions and there's something about it I love.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I presume in the poll you mean Johto on its own, not including Kanto? In which case, I'd go with Hoenn all the way. I really wish it had got a Gen IV/V upgrade (preferably Gen IV, with the same sort of graphics as Hg/Ss) so we could see it in DS 3D, as it was an amazing region - diverse (despite all the complaints about water, you can still go between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town and only see one pond - but a large desert's there as well) in the locations and the pokémon, none of which are useless without having a unique gimmick that makes them worth it (see Castform and Kecleon), are awesome. Also, it has a lot of legendaries, but not Sinnoh / Unova numbers. Emerald's Battle Frontier, enjoyable as Sinnoh/Johto's is, is still No.1 as well.
Johto would come in second as it has Red (although you have to go through Kanto to get to him), Pokéathlon, Battle Frontier mach 2, and some great locations (Cianwood, Dewford's twin in being made out of sand, Lake of Rage), as well as class pokémon (I think every generation before Gen V has predominantly awesome pokémon though). But it's not quite Hoenn. Although Team Rocket are way better than Aqua / Magma, cooler than Galactic (although Galactic have the most ambition out of all villains), and not as retarded as Team Plasma - even though Johto only gets post-Giovanni Rocket, that still isn't enough to make Johto better than Hoenn IMO.

Years
Voted Johto personally. My first Pokemon game owned was Silver, and I absolutely loved the map. It seemed very easy to navigate, and seemed the most realistic out of all the regions (lack of extreme weather changes). All of the routes had very relaxing music, and while it had what was probably the worst villain plan in the series, everything else to me made it an extraordinary region. Never played HG/SS, but from what I have seen, it only makes the original region better.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Hoenn! It was massive and had some really beautiful and unique areas, also loved the music. Johto is a close second. Unova is the worst imo, but I don't hate it.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2014
Yay for Hoenn! Dynamics, Pokemon, MUSIC *Q* and just.. everything!
And nostalgia for sure! ;__; Sapphire and Leaf Green~ My first Pokemon games ever. <3
Kanto is a VERY close second, then Johto, then Sinnoh and then Unova. But all the regions are so awesome! ^_^

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
It would have to be Unova for me. Reasons being:
1. It's AMERICA. You just can't beat America.
2. Unova was the first region to include an actual storyline.
3. Unova introduced Pokemon that actually move around.
4. Many of Unova's Pokemon are incredibly cool-looking and well-designed in my eyes (Excadrill, Braviary, Hydreigon, and Haxorus, to name a few...)
5. Unova was the first region to include dynamic camera angles that really made the Pokemon world come alive.
6. Unova does not have tons of water routes.
7. Unova introduced several new mechanics to the series, including less experience points for higher leveled Pokes.

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
My favourite is sinnoh since I like the terrain in the region from a mountain to snow to a water route.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I like Kanto, because it has such a rustic feel to it. It has such a "simple, easy living" vibe to it. I grew up on a farm...so yeah.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I'd say Hoenn, I don't care if there are so many waters. :3
It has really tall grasses, hot spring and more we didn't expected! The Pokémon there are cool, that's why I like Hoenn!

• Rizon

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I've yet to find a region I dislike, but I believe that Sinnoh has been my favourite.

The great rolling hills that make up the landscape of the frozen region, colliding together to forge the great Mt. Coronet that runs down the centre of the region. Warm, sunny beaches in the east and the south but steep cliffs and sweeping snow-covered mountain passes in the north. Thick forests and turgid swamps littering the landscape, and those three beautiful lakes composing some of the most important places in the region.

Absolutely beautiful.

Back