• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Pokemon questions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
What is you favourite legendary Pokemon and why?

What do you think is the strongest legendary Pokemon and why?

Do you think they have created too many legendary Pokemon with each series which kind of makes them not so legendary or rare/exciting when there are so many?

Is Mew legitimately catchable in any of the games without cheats/mods/downloaded saves?

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Mew because adorableness.

I don't know but the stats for each legendary are online, you can go check them your self.

Yes.

There was a wi-fi event for Mew a few years ago. You could probably get a trade for one through the internet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Lugia because he is awesome looking and has his own movie.

Arceus because it is "God".

Yes.

Not catchable but he is an event Pokemon. I have one in my SoulSilver because of a wifi event.

Sporefame19

Amateur Cartographer
Years
Latios because he looks so cool :)

Since Arceus created the rest, it would have to be him.

No. I thing the excitement and wonder of catching a legendary is in the way you encounter them. Take Giratina for example. You have to go through a whole new world with weird physics in order to get to him.

And, No. He's only legitimately obtained through trade now.

Years
Since the 3rd gen game about, Rayquaza's always been my favorite legendary Pokemon. A combination of it's design, it's cool shiny form and the fact that it's a Dragon type (which I rarely use) are probably the biggest factors.

As for the strongest, as previously mentioned, would be Arceus (both as a God-like Pokemon, and it has the highest base stats of all Pokemon, legendary or not).

While I think new legendaries are a good thing, we're at the point where we're nearly at 50 individual legendary Pokemon (out of a current Pokedex of 649, 7.25% of all Pokemon species are considered legendary). Many of them don't seem to serve a purpose in the games other than to counteract each other, and while they're nice sidequests, the sheer number of them starts to make them feel less special.

Again, as already been mentioned, the only legit way to obtain a Mew is from a number of events that have taken place.

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Lugia's my favorite legendary because...well...his voice is oh so smooth.
Seriously, I thought he sounded as cool as Raleigh Herbert did on the playground back in grammar school. And Raleigh was pretty cool.
(I guess his Aeroblast and design are also pretty pro)

Everyone's saying Arceus, and sure they're technically right, but I feel like Mewtwo's pretty strong too. And with it getting a new form, who knows what sort of havoc he'll unleash upon us mere mortals.

Sure, but I don't give a Hoothoot as long as they look cool and spice up my collection!
(Does that make me sound nerdy?)

Not sure, but I sure could use its data to complete my Black 2 National Dex (the first game where I'm aiming to complete it).

Years
I like Rayquaza. so strong and also it looks awesome. but Cobalion is my favourite from Gen V.

The strongest is probably Arceus but i dunno cos i dont have him.

Yes definately. Being legendary was good when it meant something because not every pokemon was legendary. there was like 16 in gen IV which is just ridiculous. although when i was young, before i played as much i thought pikachu was legendary so yeah. lol

no i don't think so

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
My favorite Legendary Pokemon is Arcanine. (See what I did there?)

Arceus is in fact the strongest Pokemon.

I think a lot of legendaries is nice, but Game Freak is overdoing it a little.

And Mew IS legitimately catchable with the Mew Glitch. It is also obtainable in Diamond and Pearl from My Pokemon Ranch after you deposit 999 Pokemon and trade an egg for a Lv. 50 Mew.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
There's an overload on them now, I think. 5 or 6 per game was a good number. I never really used any except Ho oh since I needed a fire type at the time, so by default thats my favorite. Arceus is the strongest, obviously, not sure of he'll ever be topped.

SuspectedElk

Two Tailed Wonder
Years
Deoxys. Love the look, and the idea of a Pokemon that mutated from a space virus is pretty rad.

As others have said the strongest is likely Arceus.

I think they could do with a few less new legendaries per game. One trio, the two cover legendaries, and one or two event Pokemon seems like a solid formula to me. I don't mind them putting legendaries from older generations in newer games, though.

Mew question has been answered already.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
What is you favourite legendary Pokemon and why? Mewtwo is pretty awesome.

What do you think is the strongest legendary Pokemon and why? Arceus, it posesses all the types via plates.

Do you think they have created too many legendary Pokemon with each series which kind of makes them not so legendary or rare/exciting when there are so many?
I don't mind as long as they have some contribution to the story.

Is Mew legitimately catchable in any of the games without cheats/mods/downloaded saves? Yes. The Mew glitch in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. Also, events.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
My fave legendary pokemon is darkrai because he can put arceus into deep slumber them BAM! Nightmares dude hahahaha

Warship

異議あり!
Years
mine is kyogre because Drizzle + Thunder + Water Spout/Hydro Pump + monstrous sp.atk = pure epicness :D also i love its design :)

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Jirachi because of cuteness and awesomeness.

Arceus because it is the "God" Pokemon.

No. I am fine with all the legendaries.

No. There was a Wi-Fi event n the past for Mew but you might be able to trade for one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Ho-Oh and Reshiram because Kyogre and Dialga are the mascots of the games I mainly played during their respective generations, Palkia is very useful in battle, Ho-Oh is offensively oriented compared to Lugia and I like all-out offense and Reshiram because of its design and unresisted STABs.

Back