• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby abd Sapphire Worldmap editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Ruby and Sapphire Worldmap editing

My Aim
I'm going to basically teach you how to make a world map in ruby or sapphire
without adding your own map tiles to prevent problems.
this is very basic, and I'll give you some screens along the way.
I really hope I don't confuse people, I'm making this very brief

What you need

VBA
Cyclone
and Un-LZ GBA
Ruby or Sapphire

WHILE DOING THIS KEEP ALL PROGRAMS UP TO SAVE TIME!

Getting the RAW

Open, un-LZ GBA and in Un-lz Gba load your Ruby or Sapphire ROM and go to 137 in black and white in 16 colors and click Dump raw. The File you are dumping a RAW file of should look like this in un-LZ GBA...
rawlocation.jpg

This is a mosiac (hard to believe), mosaics in roms are found near most tilemaps.

Getting the Tiles for your desired tilemap

Open your Ruby/ sapphire ROM in VBA, and play until your see a world map, there's one in your room.
Now go to the tile viewer In Tools >>> Tile viewer and select the 256 color option and for the "Char base" select the 0x6008000 option, click save, and save it as a bitmap.

gettingtiles.jpg

Creating your Worldmap

Make sure Cyclone is on it's 8bpp function, and then open the bitmap we just saved from VBA onto Cyclone by clicking FILE >> Load Tileset option.

LOADTILESFORMAP.jpg

Then use the tiles to create yourself a new Worldmap.
It takes patience.

drawmapsincyclone.jpg

Adding it to the Raw and Rom

Once you have made the Worldmap on cyclone, you have to Save the tilemap, select the RAW option, select your RAW file from earlier and save.

savetilemaponraw.jpg

Now Remember going to 137 in 16 color and in black and white to find the raw...
well now we go to 137 go to FILE >>>LOAD RAW, select our newly developed RAW
and save select all options except for the "abort image if image is too big"
it should save fine, it will look considerably different.

editedrawlooksdifferent.jpg

Try it

Open your ROM, go to a worldmap and see
it should have been edited successfully :)

newworldmap.png

hope you find this easy please ask if you are unclear. i know the tiles of the finished world map aren't in the right place...i have a valid reason for it...

Credits to Alexahnon for teaching me to do this yesterday... LOL!

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Jeeej - -'
> Open Cyclone
> Do: Help - How to operate
> There's your tutorial..

I'm sorry, but why did you post this? :s

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
true, but a lot of people do still get confused. I just wanted to help them... i think i go more in-depth in this tutorial than on cyclone...but maybe it's just me... o.0

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Jeeej - -'
> Open Cyclone
> Do: Help - How to operate
> There's your tutorial..

I'm sorry, but why did you post this? :s
I agree, no offense Zeikku SSJ7

good
can you post the tutorial to change the tileset of the map?

It's pretty easy, First you get a worldmap(full, I mean all drawn and all), then you rip the tiles in a 8x8 manner, of course you don't put the same ones in, keep at it till you're done, and Insert it at 136.

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
Its works great on me when i tried it.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
the tutorial is bad?
o_O cyclone not working on your own PC has nothing to do with the tutorial...
your missing OCX files.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
That's why people should NEVER program in VB6. It may be easy, it may be quick, but it will not run or compile on linux (even under WINE) and always has deprecated dependencies.
[/linux-based-rant]

karlbutler19

Novice Pokemon Hacker
Years
Hey Guys i was wondering if someone knows how to do this in pokemon fire red, i need the unLZ numbers for the maps and the know how to change the map.
thanks for any help.

Years
So, anyone know the LG#? I've been waiting to do this.

Hey Guys i was wondering if someone knows how to do this in pokemon fire red, i need the unLZ numbers for the maps and the know how to change the map.
thanks for any help.

It only works for RS. The only way is to do it is "sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=18&lang=en" it is vary advanced tutorial.

I wish someone would make a all in one program that edits worldmaps for RSE,FR,LG.

Dragon Tamer Hunter

Elite 4 Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2009
Hey

Can you post the link to get cyclone because everything was working til i relized i didnt have cyclone and can't find it

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hi! Nice tutorial but... would you like to show the way to change the map of Fire Red, I mean, ther're four maps and I duno how to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back