• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby/Emerald/FireRed - Non-profit hack warning screen (Sample)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well done. This is a great idea, and I will definitely plan to incorporate this in my hacks before I give a release. ;D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
that is truly a good idea.
I was planning to ask you about how to do that but I guess I should wait for next week(since I hack Ruby)... :D

hopefully, it'll help other gamers for not buying games from pirates...

thanks for the info, HH~

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Great Idea
If only this had been put into shiny gold before
My lil sis brought shiny gold and it ended at Ice Cave
She was not happ -_-

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh lol i totally got the wrong impression haruki when i read the title XD. Anyway good job im sure this is going to stop a lot of people and actually make some other bands of people respect and cherish the hackers world. Maybe a revolution even but yeah thanks again.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
nice, yeah I saw this in rijonAdventures yesterday.
Like DJG, I hack Ruby, so I'll have to wait. :D

(BTW - Won't somebody already have bought the game to see this screen?)

I'm assuming that it's intended more for hacks coming out now. Obviously you can't put this on every game out there. But it will help to slow piracy.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
And if all of the new games have this, there will be a major slowdown in piracy.

Hopefully.

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
Years
What if we already patched a tile rom base, we can't patch over patches? Anyway, this is a good idea.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
@above: Yes, you can patch over patches.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
...Do you guys even know how patches work?

Patches check the difference between two ROMS (the edited and unedited ones) and make a patch that will edit the part of the ROM that has been changed in the edited one.
So, if you have a ROM that has a script at 800000 and another with a script at 400000, if you create a patch that patches one of the ROMs onto a clean FR ROM and patch it onto the other, both remain. However, if you create a patch for one over the other, then only one script remains.
Did you get all that?

...Or, well, I think that's right.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Oh wow, this is excellent! :D

Though, noboby flame me please, but, this program basically prevents your hack from being pirated? I'm still confused.

But this will be great for Tensai's Secret and Blizzard! ^o^
Thanks~

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
...Do you guys even know how patches work?

Patches check the difference between two ROMS (the edited and unedited ones) and make a patch that will edit the part of the ROM that has been changed in the edited one.
So, if you have a ROM that has a script at 800000 and another with a script at 400000, if you create a patch that patches one of the ROMs onto a clean FR ROM and patch it onto the other, both remain. However, if you create a patch for one over the other, then only one script remains.
Did you get all that?

...Or, well, I think that's right.

Yes, I get exactly what you're saying, and I'm pretty sure it's right. :D

But what I meant, is that you can patch this patch (which, I assume, is for a blank FireRed) over one that you make, and it will keep both. Like you said, the ROM will keep what work he's done thus far, and only change the little screen thing for him, unless he's found some way into the data that was used to make the screen, in which case he'll have some corrupted data. Or something of the sort.

:D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Though, noboby flame me please, but, this program basically prevents your hack from being pirated? I'm still confused.

Nope. It makes a screen appear when you load it up (an example is in the first post). This will alert anyone who's bought a pirated version of the fact that it's supposed to be free, and hopefully make them get a refund and drive the pirates out of business >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back