• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Status Infliction

Favorite Status Infliction?

• Total voters
Years
It has to be Sleep for me, the amount of times putting a Pokemon to sleep has saved me from blacking out is too high to count.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
It has to be a tie between Paralysis and Poison, because both can be a lifesaver in the heat of an intense battle. It can be either of these things that can turn the tables, of course~

Hume

la tristesse durera
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
Sleep is probably the most helpful. Providing that low accuracy sleep moves hit, and you're not expecting a miraculous 5 turns of perpetual sleep. Although, paralysis is a doozy too.

So probably sleep, with paralysis close behind.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm going to have to go with Paralysis as my pick. I love beingable to slow the opponents down gives me an advantage as it doseeveryone else who uses it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Poison followed by Sleep followed by Infatuation followed by Burn, but those tend to change depending on the situation at hand. If I'm facing a Pokémon with high attack, burn becomes my favorite. If I'm facing something that has too much HP, poison, etc.

Years
Sleep for me, cos it helped me catch lots of Pokemon. When I need to catch something, I always take something with me that can learn a sleep-inducing move.

Paralysis also helped me in lots of sticky situations, especially if I'm using slow Pokemon. It also helped me catch some Pokemon too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To use? Burn, because I already use Fire attacks naturally so when Burn procs it's just a pleasant bonus side effect.

To have? Sleep because it has the ability to not last too long and once it's gone, it's gone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I enjoy using Toxic on the majority of my Pokémon so I'm definitely going with Poison. It slowly whittles away the Pokémon's health leaving them helpless and dying painfully n.n To have used on my though I'd go with Paralysis since most of my Pokémon choices are kinda slow anyway and the not attacking thing doesn't seem to happen too often :p

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Paralysis. It lowers the enemy's speed and sometimes immobilizes the enemy. Thunder Wave is a little more accessible than Spore and it's instant, unlike Toxic. So yeah... zap!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm honestly not that good a Poison user. I mean it's helpful, though my strategies tend to more at wiping out my opponents fast due to not usually having a tank. Thus, I tend to rely more on Sleep or Paralysis, as those are moves that ensure that'll I get a hit without the opponent necessarily hitting too. Confusion works too at times, with also giving the chance of the opponent doing damage to itself, however it's still not one I tend to use that much.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I like Poison and Sleep the most. You can't go wrong with PoisonPowder and Leech Seed combo! Also Toxic is really good too because it takes away more health than PoisonPowder. When I'm trying to catch legendaries I try to Paralyze them or make them take a nice little nap.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
To use? Freeze most definitely, because it's the one that your opponent is least likely to crawl out of alive.

To be used on me? Paralysis, because it's the least debilitating.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Sleep is awesome! Make them sleep then catch them :3

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Sleep is the most broken without restrictions.
Paralysis is the coolest and useful. Dat speed cut.
Poison is the most annoying ingame.
Burn is the second most useful and great for shutting people down.
Fainted is the worse and I hate it.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
hm...I voted for para, cuz cutting da speed of a pokemon and making them not being able to attack is just score for me. Magic Guard blocks gettin' fully para, but speed cut is still just as good. LOL

I woulda said attract, if it wasn't for the fact that it can only be use on the opposite gender; not sayin' anything wrong with that. LOL But that's just one of its flaws.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
When you use Toxic it gives you a huge advantage :3, with your strong attacks and the effect of bad poison, enemies faint in no time. Other than that probably paralysis since it's convenient being faster and how sometimes your oppenent can't attack.

Back