• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years

But that's the mentality that makes people hate ponies...if people just liked the show and didn't make it into a "let's talk about ponies all the time", then people like my boyfriend wouldn't have wallpapers of space marines killing Fluttershy, lol.

What the... kill Fluttershy?! Why her!?
Yeah, I'm actually not like that at all. I'm mostly quiet at home or when traveling. But, when someone gets the topic going, then I'll start talking about it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What the... kill Fluttershy?! Why her!?
Yeah, I'm actually not like that at all. I'm mostly quiet at home or when traveling. But, when someone gets the topic going, then I'll start talking about it.

That's just what he had, lol. He doesn't even dislike the show really, he's watched it with me a few times, but he's just so tired of people going everywhere talking about it all the time and the dislike has migrated over the show itself, lol. Whenever I call someone out for insulting the show, they always backtrack and say the same thing about the in-your-face attitude of most bronies.

Which is why I recommend ponies are either talked about with people that tolerate them or people that like them, and not around people that dislike them. xD It's better for the fandom if you're quiet about it, tbh.

Cura

Years

That's just what he had, lol. He doesn't even dislike the show really, he's watched it with me a few times, but he's just so tired of people going everywhere talking about it all the time and the dislike has migrated over the show itself, lol. Whenever I call someone out for insulting the show, they always backtrack and say the same thing about the in-your-face attitude of most bronies.

Which is why I recommend ponies are either talked about with people that tolerate them or people that like them, and not around people that dislike them. xD It's better for the fandom if you're quiet about it, tbh.

Yeah, I'm just happy that I can talk about it with other fans, at least.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... Just like with Pokemon, I think I'm lucky to have some people in real life in which I talk about My Little Pony to. There's a friend in particular in which he's a brony, and basically if I want to talk about My Little Pony to someone, he's the person to talk to. My best friend irl is also a MLP fan, and my sister is a down-to-earth fan of it.

Cura

Years
... Just like with Pokemon, I think I'm lucky to have some people in real life in which I talk about My Little Pony to. There's a friend in particular in which he's a brony, and basically if I want to talk about My Little Pony to someone, he's the person to talk to. My best friend irl is also a MLP fan, and my sister is a down-to-earth fan of it.

That's good to know that you got people around you, so if you wanted to talk about it. You could.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
My family knows of my Brony-ism and I actually have friends at school, who are males, and like the show.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Lucky, no one I know likes pokemon or mlp. ;_;

Btw, could I get one of you guys to do me a favor? I'd like to put a MLP mouse cursor in a game I'm making as an easter egg, so if any of you are good with sprites, and can make one for me, that'd be awesome. It needs to be between 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.

Doesn't really matter which pony, as long as it's a fairly major one, like twilight or rainbow dash.

Cura

Years
Lucky, no one I know likes pokemon or mlp. ;_;

Btw, could I get one of you guys to do me a favor? I'd like to put a MLP mouse cursor in a game I'm making as an easter egg, so if any of you are good with sprites, and can make one for me, that'd be awesome. It needs to be between 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.

Doesn't really matter which pony, as long as it's a fairly major one, like twilight or rainbow dash.

picture.php

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7621

This is my album of Rainbow Dash sprites I ripped and cleaned up.

picture.php

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7620

Here's Princess Luna, too. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
No one that I know in "real life" like ponies or Pokemon. My parents don't really care about me being a fan. My mother even wants to watch episodes, and they're with me when I do a few pony toy runs.

EDIT: I went to the mall with a friend today and saw the Brony Rainbow Dash shirt at Hot Topic. I seriously wanted to buy it, but I'm way too stingy to spend $20 plus tax on a shirt. I'm not a "bro", either, so... but even so, I'm probably going to find it cheaper online and order ;_;
That's one of the problems with the bronies. There have always been adult fans of MLP, but now that there's a male-dominated adult fanbase, Hasbro (and other companies) just now realize it. They pay attention to them, but not to the fans - the female adult fans - who have been around since the franchise's beginning.

It's great that adult fans are finally being recognized. It's just disappointing that "bronies" (since some are trying to get that term to apply to all adult fans, regardless of how they identify) get the recognition, furthering the erasing of the "pegasisters", some who have been around since the early days.

I don't want bronies to disappear completely, but the fandom shouldn't be erasing people who are also a part of it. Or bothering people who don't like ponies.

Or telling Faust some of the things written about her character pony. Boundaries!

There are FiM shirts on Hot Topic's site that don't specifically say "brony", so you'll probably have better luck online with the selection. Not with the price though.

Cura

Years
No one that I know in "real life" like ponies or Pokemon. My parents don't really care about me being a fan. My mother even wants to watch episodes, and they're with me when I do a few pony toy runs.

That's one of the problems with the bronies. There have always been adult fans of MLP, but now that there's a male-dominated adult fanbase, Hasbro (and other companies) just now realize it. They pay attention to them, but not to the fans - the female adult fans - who have been around since the franchise's beginning.

It's great that adult fans are finally being recognized. It's just disappointing that "bronies" (since some are trying to get that term to apply to all adult fans, regardless of how they identify) get the recognition, furthering the erasing of the "pegasisters", some who have been around since the early days.

I don't want bronies to disappear completely, but the fandom shouldn't be erasing people who are also a part of it. Or bothering people who don't like ponies.

Or telling Faust some of the things written about her character pony. Boundaries!

There are FiM shirts on Hot Topic's site that don't specifically say "brony", so you'll probably have better luck online with the selection. Not with the price though.

I see similar problems to this happening recently. Some bronies are a pain in the *** as of late and I've met quite a few female fans, who I actually talk to now about the show and other general topics. But, back to the bronies problem. Some are just going beyond their boundaries at the moment and they are causing trouble. I'm sorry, but if you are a fan, I respect that and I'm happy you like the show, too... but you should know common sense and you should be try to pitch the fact that you are a "Brony" on everyone trying to convert them into what you like. Some actually hate me for this, as well. They think that I'm not a true fan if I don't agree with them. Now, why the hell would you think that? I'm a fan of the show, yes. But, I consider myself a "fan" of the show and rarely at times, I'll call myself a "Brony", but that'll depend on the topic at hand. Sigh... Forgive me if I ranted or anything, but the "bronies who think they're the best at everything pony" situation has gotten on my nerves as of late... :(

Edit: What a kick to my upset gut... This made me cry a bit... but, nevertheless... this is a beautiful piece of fan-art.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My friend called me a 'brony' despite the fact that I'm female. I brushed the idea aside, but it shows just how much the term 'brony' is effecting the fans, and how people are starting to use it as a universal term, just as what Astinus said. Luckily, I don't pay attention to the fandom enough to really watch what's happening when it comes to the fandom, but if it's becoming like how it is, I'm glad I'm keeping my love for ponies here, and to the people who I know enjoy MLP as well.

Awww. That is such a gorgeous image. Saddening, but gorgeous nonetheless.

Cura

Years
The links don't work. :(

I just found a fairly decent one, but I'd like to see yours too.

Shoot. You can just go to the profile on here and then go to my albums to see them, then.

My albums might be private, as well... I gotta check.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Those ripped sprites reminds me of when I had Luna on my screen. I had to hold back a little squee whenever she would start bouncing, because I found that to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. During that time I also had Derpy and Octavia on my screen. Think I might have had them on my screen for a good two-three days, actually.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Shoot. You can just go to the profile on here and then go to my albums to see them, then.

My albums might be private, as well... I gotta check.
K, I found them. I really like the flying Rainbow Dash, but they're too big for what I want. =/

I found a good pinkie pie that I think I'm going to use.
mlp_icon___pinkie_pie_by_umberon9-d3l8vfo.gif

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Yep! Those are the same sprites used for the Desktop Ponies. xD;
I should turn those on again. o3o
They're pretty fun to have around. :D

Also, with the whole "Brony" thing...
I personally think that the word just refers to fans of the show. It applies to both male and female.
People seem to take it the wrong way, simply because of the fact that it has "Bro" in it.
/hoping nobody takes this in an offensive way, because none is intended :<

EDIT: Oh, and I completely agree with Astinus about the thing with the older fans. Then again, I hear that most of the older fans enjoy G4, like most of us. It also must be irritating, since most bronies dislike the older generations in someway. Must be really depressing for them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2011
-Favorite Episode: The Cutie Mark Chronicles, no doubt.
- Favorite Main Pony: I like them all!
- Favorite Side Pony: DJ PON-3~!
- About Me: I started watching the show when my sister did (Around early summertime this year) and I absolutley love the series. I get teased about it sometimes, but I honestly don't care. My Little Pony is just too awesome to handle for them.

Years
Also, with the whole "Brony" thing...
I personally think that the word just refers to fans of the show. It applies to both male and female.
People seem to take it the wrong way, simply because of the fact that it has "Bro" in it.
/hoping nobody takes this in an offensive way, because none is intended :<

I don't see it that way at all. It was first created to refer to the male fanbase and that kind of disappoints me because, as was already posted, the whole term on its own is ignoring the female fans just by having "bro" in it. I don't want to be part of a definition that wasn't meant for me in the first place.

When someone asks you how the term "brony" was created, people will tell you it's combination of "bro", referring to males, and the word "pony." When that person asks you why such a word also includes older female fans, you'll just shrug and say that's how it is. Because the female fanbase is apparently not important enough to warrant its own name, we have to stick with the term "brony" which doesn't really fit us to begin with. Plus, the staff of the show even recognized this word as referring to the male fanbase in the song Equestria Girls.

I just don't feel like I, as a female, belong under that definition even if the meaning was altered.

No offense taken, and no offense intended either. This isn't geared at anyone at all; I just wanted to speak up! To each their own :3 In fact, from typing this I realized I'm not even the nickname type. I'd rather just be called a fan of MLP: FiM, nothing more. A female-oriented term doesn't really interest me in any way.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Well, I tend to call my sister "bro", or "man" at times. xD;
Dunno if that means anything, haha.

Anyway, now I completely understand. I sorta assumed females just didn't like the term because of "bro". o3o
But yeah, I wouldn't want to be called something of the sort, if there was some fanbase with a majority of girls. So yeah, I understand.
Instead of using "Brony" or "Pegasis" or whatever, some people just call the fanbase "Ponies". xD;
I actually kinda like that.
It's much easier than saying "fans of MLP", or anything. xDD;;

EDIT: Oh, and welcome RobotUnicorn! :D

Last edited:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Welcome RobotUnicorn. Welcome to the herd.

I found some My Little Pony fruit snacks while at the store today, but the art was all Gen 3-3.5 and not Gen IV, so I didn't buy it. If it was Generation IV, I would've bought it.

Back