• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
There's this guy I met on NSider that claims that when you breed Pokemon, the egg has a better chance of being Shiny; in this case, 1 in 450. I PM'd him about it. This is what I got back:

I do know alot about Shinies and learned most of it on serebii.net. The people on serebii are pokemon geniuses! I do believe that I was correct about the pokemon breeding chances of getting a shiny pokemon are correct. They should be 1 in 450 unless it was an error in serebii. If you need any more help just PM me

I haven't even seen that on Serebii.net... and today was the first I've ever heard of it. If it was true, I should have like, 20+ shinies like some of the dudes|ettes around here, cuz lemme tell you, I have hatched a LOT of eggs....

Anyway, still no new ones, but I'm still.. doing what I'm doing right now. And I'm not telling you. @_@; Cause then people will start doing it too.... And then my Pokemon won't be so exclusive to me anymore!! >.<'

Oh, btw, here's their post that caught my eye. Someone was asking about shinies and if there were any glitches.

In any pokemon game for Gameboy advance or Nintendo DS there are no confirmed glitches except for the cloning glitch in Pokemon Emerald. To get Shiney pokemon you must search and wait for one to randomly show up. The chances of one showing up is 1 in 8500. If you're a person like me and you must get a shiney your best bet is to breed pokemon. When you breed a pokemon your chances go up from 1 in 8500 to around 1 in 450. When I tried it with my Dratini I had to put my dragonair in the old couples house 43 times. it leveled up from lv.44 to lv. 57 in this way but it was worth it. Putting it in the Old couples care takes alot more determinition and patience than searching for one in the wild but in the end it is much easier.

He seems pretty technical, no? But I don't really believe it. Anyone else heard of it?

-DDD-Wade

Years
we need the old ppl to come back like ldd, mm, shido, feraligatr master, garra, yami, aaryn, and ddd sceptile, exokriz, ryan, pkmn prodigy and all the other ppl

well no new shinys good luck to all

What about me huh!?!? -.-.. Anyway, I'm back, going to post more, and I got a new shiny, Shiny Hitmonlee!! xD That makes two shinies!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
It's not true. If it were true I'd have more than one shiny ABSOL by now.

The only games that breeding gave you better chances were Gold/ Silver/ Crystal and in those you had to have one shiny in the breeding pair for even that.

And the chances for a shiny are 1 in 8,192, not 8,500.

EDIT: Hi Razmaster, congradulations on the shiny Hitmonlee. :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Congrats! *bows* Always thought that one rocked. ^_^ It looks better that way, IMO. My Mom thinks that Shiny machop should be the normal color for Machop instead, and that the shiny version should be grey. Oh well.

Also...

Yeah, I seemed to remind him it was 8192... and thought of you and the people who have been hatching Absols.

Last edited:

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Stupid elusive porygon.... Still no sign of it but I won't give up! As for zapdos i haven't bee looking for it because of porygon and i still can't find the absol. Well i wish you all good luck.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Lost Cave sucks man. I've already tried it. =/ The fastest way to get Pokemon to appear there would be Sweet Scent. Not even Illuminate would spur much activity, and I myself would fear a Zubat would come up Shiny. >.< I'm phoebic about that. I dunno why. Just don't want a big pink bat when it's all said and done. :P
So do what you want; I'm sticking with the Tower once my current target is attained, and I'm not stopping until I get it.
-DDD-Wade

I seem to be getting more activity in the cave than i did in the tower. You just go into one of the rooms without boulders. Also I'd rather have Misdreavus or Zubat in shiny than Cubone. I'm trying to replace the Marowak I already have on my team. Though one LG is at the tower, the other at the cave, so I'm checking both places.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Exo doesn't post cuz he doesn't shunt much right now, ehs going thru the game and making a good game, as for the others, im not quite sure, but LDD has been more active, if you havn't noticed o.O

Anywho, nothing new, i hadn't been able to play it for the last few days due to me being on a trip for my school basketball team, we had a tourny, so i didn't bring my GBA w/ me... xD

and btw, scep, DONT SAY THAT! >.<

KS-Out

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
No, we can't get new co-owners, don't worry they'll wonder back in when D/P come out and the club is fine without us unless a new person wants to join or a problem comes up. :)

Sorry, I can't make the cards. I don't have an animation program.

Back