• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Yea right, I can't make one if I don't have a plot. I'll just leave the rp making to other people making rps and handling them is too hard for me.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
They don't need one here. It isn't as active, and your roleplay won't get buried. You will notice it if you check back.
-------------

Anyways, I want to know what kind of things people are interested in. I don't want to start a roleplay that no one likes.

I think most people around here are interested in fantasy stuff, but honestly...
Who's left? :/

I'm considering asking to have ORP merged with PRP into just one roleplaying section.
That might garner more attention for ORP, and it'd save the front page from a dead forum taking up space.
People who are left: What do you guys think? :/

Years
I agree. I haven seen how inactive this can get. I spent quite a a while at this site before I actually signed up. Most people don't bother to touch this section :<. There are a lot of great ideas that go unnoticed because not many people come here, whilst at the Pokemon side the majority of them are filled in a few days- the really good ones in a day or two. The ORP role plays take a while to fill, and when they do, they do not last very long. Lots of creators get flustered and angry because they took the time to make a role play that wasn't pokemon, but see it shot down because of the low activity. It will really help out the role play masters so that they didn't write the plot and ect for nothing. It would help other role players as well, as many of the PRP one's get filled fast. There would be more role plays and thus more to choose from and thus more people getting to participate.

The PRP gets more action. Why? Well, because more people frequent the Pokemon section. They should be merged so some of the more missed RPs get noticed. However, I believe, that some people will become frustrated as they will want a PRP and click on an ORP, and vice-versa. I think that the problem get be solved by the use of the of the prefix system. Like in the emulation section how it allows you to select what rom type, this should allow you to select what role play type it is so that every knows. So, if they strayed away from ORP because they only pokemon, they wouldn't have to waste their time in the thread, trying to figure out whether it is ORP or PRP.

I think it would be good idea, just iron out a few wrinkles such as the prefix thing. I couldn't really, at the moment, see that many problems arise from doing such an action. In fact, I think that if more problems were to arise there would be a solution. But, really other than what I pointed out, I don't see any other problems coming. It might be a bit confusing at times for some people, but I think that it could be done. This would really improve role play activity and would stop a lot of dead threads and what not. However, this would probably cause a more close moderation of threads being accepted, and all OOC threads would have to be moderated or none of them will be moderated. I personally think that it should be none of them, but I am sure that there are reasons that the PRP doesn't have the privelege of the ORP, which would cause for the need of moderation.

That is my seventy-three cents.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Well... I don't think they'd get mixed up, since by "merging" the forums, I don't mean mashing them together, I mean making ORP a sub-forum of the general roleplay section, which would be PRP.

:I Which means they'd still be in different forums.

Glad you like the idea though.
This is as inactive as ORP has ever been since I came here. Dx [/But I'm pretty sure it was in the process of dying when I came.]

[/maybe it's me. ;A;]

xD Anyway, I'll see if I can't find twenty-seven cents from the other folks. ;D

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I'm for the the idea as well, for reason that Murder already stated. I hope this extremely short post is worth twenty seven cents. :X

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Slice of life is boring. Try RPing an entire nation on for size. However, my laziness, the sheer ambitiousness of the idea, and the very steep entry requirements I set up did that idea in for the time being.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Well, to all of those fantasy lovers...maybe a slice of life RP sorta like Fate Stay Night? Happy during the day and battling at night?

Or maybe even a simple (go save princess) RP that's similar to FF1. I dunno. ORP has been very sleepy indeed u_u

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Since my own pet project's dead in the water, I might commit to this one, depending on the exact premise.

In any case, you can have my gun and my knife when you pry them from my cold, dead hands...which may actually be more likely than anyone here thinks if this thing actually progresses past development hell.

Netta

Hikari Ko
Years
I have a bit of a question for everyone out there. It's not your normal rp, but I think it would be one to try out, but I'm afraid of creating one because I'm still not sure how to pull it off.

I was wanting to do a type of Wolf's Rain rp. It's not based on the Wolf's Rain itself, but very similar. We arn't looking for paradice, but more of a way to survive. I was thinking of having different roles in each pack. I like the idea that the wolves can allowed themselves to be seen as humans when needed for safety.

What do you guys think?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Can someone make a Marmalade Boy RPG please? I've been searching all over the web and haven't seen a single one. I would start one myself, but I have no idea how to go about making a Marmalade Boy RPG.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I wanted to ask you guys, first please do not get offended, but i've seen most roleplays to be like sci/fi and fantasy stuff, with world at peril and saviours saving things and all, i mean most of the RP's i come through on one way or the other have same genres, so isn't there anything that can be Practical..? i mean reality based RP, i know i myself won't be able to pull it off nicely but just asking, people do have great ideas for Other Roleplay Section, just no one creates it with the fear of it dying.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years
I have an Idea that is based on Star Wars Knights of the OLD Republic...

Forgotton Knights of the Old Republic
Dark Tide Rising

Prolude
Four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, The Republic verges on collapse. After a long war against the Mandalorians, a war like race that brought death to new levels, the very heros of the Republic have fallen to the dark side. And with a massive fleet the new lord of the Sith, the Dark Lord Revan attacked the broken Republic, burning worlds and killing countless billions. But a Jedi strike team ambushed the dark lord and killed him...

Darth Malak, last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, has unleashed an incincible Sith armada upon the unsuspecting galaxy. Crushing all resistance, Malak's war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many more swer allegiance to their new Sith Master. Malak hunts the Jedi Knight who killed his master, in fear that he will be next.

Two and a half years after the Sith launched their attack, In the skies above the outer rim world of Taris, A Jedi battle fleet engaged the forces of Darth Malak in a despreate effort to halt the Siths galactic domination, and the fate of the galaxy depends on the efforts of a republic soldier, his hardend officer, a young Jedi, as well as their companions...

But they are not the only parts to this story. No, left out are the stories of those that took on much harder challanges than the more known story of The Star Forge War. Many died to halt the sith invasion, and a few lived. But like clock work, everything was dependent on everything else...

Or I have another Idea... but I would rather wait and finish working on the Prolude for that before I contune... It is a WWII Idea based on a board game... sigh...​

Last edited:

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
That's what i am saying, people have lot of ideas, but why does no one care to join then..? btw WWII can be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back