• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fantasy - The Pokécurse

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Info:
This game is a Pokémon game sort of. It's pokémon based but is final fantasy styled I think.

Story:
Welcome to the parralell dimension of Pokemon.
A place where no pokémon can be trusted. A place technology was never invented and
where people live healthy and peacefully.
Or so it seems.

One morning the local 'protection group' of Kratus (containing only Rogu and Alexx) heard of
local theives being in the fields due north of their settlement.
After checking it out they save a kind old man making his way to Paisona the next village north
and tells our heroes that he'll send a letter their way if he is in more trouble.

After doing more tasks a mysterious man settles into town. His clothes are some what different and he
has many things not of this world. The heroes investigate this man and find he is no threat. Then a letter from the man comes.
But this is not a good letter the man says about an illness in Paisona which makes people have very high temperture fevers. The local village doctor offers to go investigate. Then after 3 more days the doctor has sent a letter saying he has turned ill and that he discovered that after 3 days the ill person turns into a pokémon.

The two heroes embark on a quest to save their world but can they do it without catching this illness?

Screenshots: (warning very big!)

Spoiler:

Videos:
As of yet ... none ;)

Credits:
Spriters-Resource - Tiles
Avatar,Rm2k3Kid - Overworlds,Chipsets/Charsets
DarkDoom3000 - Teaching
(if your required to be in the credit list please PM me or comment below!)

Bye! ;)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
i like the story...
its not bad,
But, this line made me laugh:

Lol.
But actually Alexx (your best friend) becomes ill due to touching the letter which the ill people have touched.
and this virus has a different effect on him? That's all i'm saying

@Cilerba Thank's for the tip! ;3

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
I gotta say, the story does sound pretty interesting, even though, you only approached some points of it. :3

You could try adding in some more sections, such as Features (which isn't necessarily an xpto device the player has) or even some details about where the story is set.

I'll be following if this develops! :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I gotta say, the story does sound pretty interesting, even though, you only approached some points of it. :3

You could try adding in some more sections, such as Features (which isn't necessarily an xpto device the player has) or even some details about where the story is set.

I'll be following if this develops! :D

I'm adding a Feature list ... when i have a decent amount of features. xD
and i'm using Rpgmaker 2003 not Xp -.- I should of added a prefix!

Yay some-one be stalkin meh! :3
Also: I'm almost done with the bandit scene in the story:
screen5-2.png
screen6-2.png

screen7-1.png
screen8-1.png

Bote: Everything in the Battle scene is not final like the back sprites and the fact that the rockets are the wrong way :/

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
I'm adding a Feature list ... when i have a decent amount of features. xD
and i'm using Rpgmaker 2003 not Xp -.- I should of added a prefix!

Yay some-one be stalkin meh! :3
Also: I'm almost done with the bandit scene in the story:
screen5-2.png
screen6-2.png

screen7-1.png
screen8-1.png

Bote: Everything in the Battle scene is not final like the back sprites and the fact that the rockets are the wrong way :/

Ah, okay. xD
Also, I didn't mean you're using XP; I meant that usually, the features list is only about a certain device the player receives, and that it's just about that. But in any case, if you say you're gonna add one, then 'tis your choice xD

About the screenshots: well, it's a start; you just need to edit some of the sprites, like you mentioned, and maybe fix the grammar a little; nothing too serious.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ah, okay. xD
Also, I didn't mean you're using XP; I meant that usually, the features list is only about a certain device the player receives, and that it's just about that. But in any case, if you say you're gonna add one, then 'tis your choice xD

About the screenshots: well, it's a start; you just need to edit some of the sprites, like you mentioned, and maybe fix the grammar a little; nothing too serious.

The only thing i need to do sprite wise is change red's sprite to Gold's (not too hard) And brendan's too Blue's (harder because it need to be sprited as well ) -.- YAY?!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Update 2 : Port Kratosia
After saving the old man and hearing about this illness and how your village doctor has caught it in parsionia you decide to seek greater Medical intelligence by going to Port Kratosia's St Steven hospital. We Dr.Steven the great White mage worls and helps everyone maybe he can help.

screen9-1.png

Entrance to Town
screen10.png

St.Steven Hospital
screen11.png

Island availible later in game
screen13.png

The basic Inn Layout
screen12.png

Shop layout
Weapons|Armour|Herbs&others

Enjoy!

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Pokemon Fantasy?
Just the title makes me want to play it. ^^

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I like the plot. sounds interesting.

How are pokemon gonna be handled? Can they be caught?
also, human v human!?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like the plot. sounds interesting.

How are pokemon gonna be handled? Can they be caught?
also, human v human!?

Pokémon are going to be handled as nothing but enemies. A mere threat to humans existence. Yes human v human like final fantasy where you go agaisnt monsters and sometimes humans :3
Pokémon cannot be caught however ... a "good" pokémon appears in the game ;)

Mini Update # 1
Winterupdate.png

Winter! ;D Through the game some places will be blocked by Water or other obstacles. You will recieve a Elementra Stone which chages the seasons depending of the element you have inside it. :3
screen7-1.png

as you can see from a previous screen shot snow covers the newly frozen water ... but only some of the water will freeze. If you want to access more you need to use summer.!

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm also putting in something called 'Victor Island'
It works like a battle tower fro Crystal but also like the Pokémon League.
You chose what level you battle at(e.g 1-9 or 10-19 or 20-29 etc)
and then you battle 5 people at that level's ability. It's the perfect place to train your party members.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
The new screens are awesome i like them :3.
i love the new screenies of the cities,
the mapping is nice makes me want to play it,
btw the nurse is on the counter LOL. Put Bush terrian on the counter tile to fix that. ("~")

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The new screens are awesome i like them :3.
i love the new screenies of the cities,
the mapping is nice makes me want to play it,
btw the nurse is on the counter LOL. Put Bush terrian on the counter tile to fix that. ("~")

Thanks, but I dont see how mapping(as rubbish as mine) compels you to play this.
and i know how to do the counter thing I just havent done it to the tileset yet.

Back