• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Region?

Which Region is your favourite?

• Total voters

Pinta77

Johto for sure. Dont get me wrong, hoenn is nice, but johto's scenery was pretty nice as well. Especially those floating orb things from g/s/c that are suppossed to be flowers i think?

Years
I choose Hoenn. This region have many new water Pokèmon. Hoenn also having a huge place with some waters. I like using a surf in everywhere :D
In the other hand, The Trio Weather legendary Pokèmon also have been introduced in here since they all are my favorite legendary Pokèmon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
My favourite region would probably be Hoenn :3 cause its the most natural looking out of all of them.

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
Johtooooo <3 I love each town, the Pokémon, the storyline, each character... So yes, definitely Johto.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Sinnoh. There's the avatars of time, space, antimatter, plus a pokemon god. what's not to like?
Runner-up would be hoenn. Now we have the avatars of land, air and sea plus the gigantic regi brothers ( at least in the manga).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
1. Hoenn
I love berries! I love the Pokemon, they seem more 'advanced' then 1st and 2nd Gen.
2. Johto
3. Kanto

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I like Johto and Sinnoh the best. I love the branch-off Pokemon like Politoed and Gallade, and the pre-evolutionary like Mime Jr. and Elekid, and the Pokemon that evolve further. It always exciting to see how the Pokemon will look like. When I first heard saw that Tangela and Lickitung could evolve further I was like. O_o

Years
I really enjoyed both Hoenn and Sinnoh, as they had diverse landscapes and many interesting areas to explore. Based on the storyline, though, I wasn't a big fan of D/P/Pt, so I'll say that Hoenn is my favorite region.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Johto! It is by far the prettiest of all the land!

It's not the oldest of the regions, but it's still old enough for me to have some serious nostalgia factor which is always important to me when making these decisions. Add to that the gorgeous beauty that they accomplished in the DS remakes of Gold and Silver and you have yourself a winning region.

My next favourite after that is Kanto, because it's quite a simple place and it feels like homebase to me, having started in that region. It's pretty, it has a ****load of nostalgia and it's not difficult to navigate (yet not so easy to navigate that it's condescending, like the dreaded Unova).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Sinnoh was the most enjoyable to explore, I felt, and I thought it was beautiful as well. It was by far the least linear region. I also had a thing with Gen IV graphics that made me take an immediate liking to it.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Sinnoh, defs. I love the two playable characters, the starters, and the anime. I love everything about Sinnoh, from the land to the seas. Absolutely everything. ♥

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
I thought we were talking about the actual layout of the region, woops. Even so, still Johto all the way then Kanto.

And ShiningRaichu, i hate Unova too. Too much handholding, unexciting layout, and mediocre pokemon.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I really like different things about each region.

Kanto: The nostalgic feel, Silph Co.
Johto: Goldenrod City, best gym leaders (in my mind), nostalgia
Hoenn: Great to explore, Secret Bases, challenging routes, great legendaries with a story, two villain teams
Sinnoh: Great for exploring, variety, great selection of Pokemon
Unova: Best protagonists (BW1), smoothest region design, Castelia City

Overall... seems like I like Hoenn the most, even with the endless water routes that can get annoying and the back-back-backtracking to Norman. Those are the only downsides that come to mind.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Even though I have yet to play Sinnoh and Unova, I must say that Johto is my favourite region. It symbolizes the best of the Pokemon for me.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Kanto. Nevermind landscape and story. Its home sweet home to me and its where I feel the most comfortable and have the most fun.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I've come to love the Unova region. There's so much to do, and some really cool towns. And for some reason, the whole circle layout of the region is awesome to me hahah.

Back