• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Corruption

Which Rpg maker should I use?

• RMXP

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • RM2K3

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Huh, i thought you were using the new graphics?

Screens look really nice; you've really got the gsc style mapping down. everything alligned in blocks. looks good, and consistent.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Huh, i thought you were using the new graphics?

Screens look really nice; you've really got the gsc style mapping down. everything alligned in blocks. looks good, and consistent.

Mehh, things have changed in the last few months, it's gonna be quicker and efficient if i use gsc style graphics.

And thanks! :3 I did it randomly then made it 2 tile x 2 tile mapping, which is gsc ... right?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
CorruptionScreenShots.png

Just some screens
featuring new tiles ^_^

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Name: Josh
JoshGymLeader2.png

Josh, is the Gym Leader in Midosa City, he uses flying types and uses power up items as a specialty, he also comes to help Red out when Team X invades the Office building in Midosa City, for some reason beyond Red's knowledge he resembles Lance, of the Kanto Elite Four.

OMG!!! You put me in it! I'm honored Sammich, I wanna help even more now :3 (PS: My rival in Platinum and LG is called Samm :P)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Corruption is back.
After finishing all mky exams and stuff for college, i have a bit more time to do things.
So, Ive restarted corrupton from scratch.
Only the first town is done so far.
C+P of the new OP.
Pokemoncorruption.png

Why should I help you? All humans waste the life I gave to them. It's Over ...

SeptiRegion.png

The Septi Region:
The Septi region is a new starting region, originally it was to be a tourist hot spot, visible in such cities like Nemble City and Florist city, with large mountains to the north, and a beautiful ocean to the south, no holiday lover should be able to resist coming to the Septi Region. That was however 10 years ago ... lately very few tourists come, the reason ... Team X. Team X are a group of evil scientists who experiment on anything they can find, run by the smartest man alive, no one dares to stand in the way of their criminal activity.

Main story:
We all know how Arceus created the world of Pokémon. But, like any other god it has a opposite or an opponent or there are different religons with different gods in them. Some go as far as to say that there's parallel universes with other gods controlling them. Well, our story has all of the above, here in our world our god is none other than Shaderain, The Omega Pokémon. Shaderain was once a lonesome pokémon in the world. So, it created it's own partner, Arceus. They both became rulers of our universe and created our world and formed it with great power. Shaderain had to sacrafice 7 feathers of each element used to create life. These elements were Water,Fire,Grass,Wind,Earth,Light and Dark. Shaderain was proud of what he and Arceus made. Arceus however wanted it's own world, Arceus being a alpha Pokémon he created a portal to another empty world and left Shaderain to create his own world. Shaderain was furios and took it out on his world and made all the bad things like Death and illnesses and evil.
The seven feathers which Shaderain sacrificed were hidden from the world at Shaderain's command and have not been seen. But people fear that they will be needed to ressurect Shaderain to save our world...

Player's Story:
You've just turned 14, after living in the Town of Quanti with the Region Professor, Prof.Rick nearby, what better time that to ask for a new Pokémon. One morning when you wake up your mother tells you a bunch of newly earned trainers had left the Lab of Prof. Rick with brand new pokémon. She suggests you go see if any are left, so you go to the lab. At the front doors of the lab is your childhood rival, Ralph. Ralph claims to have gotten the last Pokemon and that there is no point of trying to get a Pokemon since they are out of stock. After having your dreams crushed, Prof. Rick exits the Lab, about to close up, realising you forgot to get one earlier, he gives you the last pokémon and the chance to be one of the first in the Septi Region to have a pokédex and fill it with the many species that are in this new land.

Screenshots:

Screen1-2.png
Screen2-1.png

Screen3-2.png

Screen4.png

The Corruption Team:
Me - Mapping scripting and Idea plotting
PiaCarrot - Spriting
M.L.- Tiler
Icey - Music Composing

That's it for now.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Pokédex:
Spoiler:

The starter pokemon.
There is only one.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Hey Samm, just to let you know Corruption's page on the site is done now, it's in the spoiler tags below so I don't get told off for "advertising".

Spoiler:

Hopefully it's all fine, otherwise you can edit it when you have Admin rights.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
SeptiRegion-RegionalArea.png

SeptiRegion-LeagueArea.png

2/4 parts of the septi region.

[not done] - Regional Area
- - -
Ruins Area - League Area
[not done]

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Those starter names aren't very original. I've just skimmed through and caught up on info I haven't seen in the past two or three months, and that's really the only comment I have to make (other than that I'm glad this is still going on).

Shade + Fox
Shade + Wolf
Shade + Beast

You can do better than that, I'm sure. The main problem is that you have too many hard sounds trying to join together. It doesn't work. It sounds blunt and tired and boring. It sounds like every 12 year old's attempt at epic fantasy. It sounds like a first draft.
I would also have to mention that it's very... zorua + riolu + ninetales in terms of graphical design, but that's not my department.

I look forward to this continuing. Keep it up, my friend. :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Those starter names aren't very original. I've just skimmed through and caught up on info I haven't seen in the past two or three months, and that's really the only comment I have to make (other than that I'm glad this is still going on).

Shade + Fox
Shade + Wolf
Shade + Beast

You can do better than that, I'm sure. The main problem is that you have too many hard sounds trying to join together. It doesn't work. It sounds blunt and tired and boring. It sounds like every 12 year old's attempt at epic fantasy. It sounds like a first draft.
I would also have to mention that it's very... zorua + riolu + ninetales in terms of graphical design, but that's not my department.

I look forward to this continuing. Keep it up, my friend. :)

Hmm ... I shall try to rethink the names, they were drafts anyway.

anywhooo I have started to GBCinate the Battle Scenes.

Screen5.png

Screen6.png

Screen9.png

More mapping done.

Screen7.png
Screen8.png

What's happened to this town? and what is this man and Lord M up to?

Screen10.png

The world's smartest man, Lord M! challenges the player to a battle.
His team are not very strong for the first fight.

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
tumblr_lk6nz4YOpD1qjtkuxo1_500.jpg

I had to do that. Heh.
I have to ask, is that Lord M sprite the right height? He looks like he should be taller and slightly bigger and stuff. In relation to the size of the screen, I mean. It might just be the way he's hunched, though. I suggest you try ballooning his pantaloons out a little, too. They look flat. If you make them slightly wider, rounder, then you could have a little wrinkle line on the front and they'd look like he's got legs inside of them?

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Screens look really nice, but I'd open up your starter options a bit more. I imagine you're on a budget of sorts and probably don't have anyone to sprite 9 Pokemon [if you go the 3 starter route], but you could always do something like 3 starters that only evolve once, or one generic starter that can evolve into 3 different Pokemon a la eevee and tyrogue. Additionally, Shadolf's evolutions lack variety and just look like bigger versions of it, you may want to change this. Good luck!

Back