• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Are there certain Trainer ID's or Secret ID's that will make catching shiny Pokemon easier?

Yes, the the Trainer and Secret ID numbers do factor in the determination of finding Shiny Pokemon.

The Pokemon's personality value is also taken into account, and it has been this way since 3rd Gen, not just in 5th Gen.

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I just started a new game on my Pokemon Black 2 Version, and now that I've beaten the Elite Four I was thinking about hunting shinies a bunch. When I checked my trainer ID I noticed that it was 44444 and I was wondering if this would give me better chances than a normal ID of something like 28321 or something.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I just started a new game on my Pokemon Black 2 Version, and now that I've beaten the Elite Four I was thinking about hunting shinies a bunch. When I checked my trainer ID I noticed that it was 44444 and I was wondering if this would give me better chances than a normal ID of something like 28321 or something.

Two things:

1. Your TID doesn't determine shininess of Pokemon, only your SID does
2. The chances are the same as mine, or anyone else (1/8192 or 0.01% chance) Unless you use certain methods, I'll quote myself for this one:

There are a few ways to increase your chances of finding shiny Pokemon. In both Gen IV & V, you can use the Masuda Method to increase your chances to 1/1639 (0.06%) in Gen IV and 1/1366 (0.07%) in Gen V. In order to use the Masuda Method, you must breed a Pokemon from your game and a Pokemon from a different country together (Japanese Pokemon are the easiest to figure out of course).

In Black 2 and White 2 however, you can receive the item "Shiny Charm" if you complete the National Pokedex. This increases the chance of encountering or hatching a shiny Pokemon from 1/8192 (0.01%) to 1/2,731 (0.03%). If used in conjunction with the Masuda Method, it will be increased even further to 1/1024 (0.09%).

Though the easiest way to find a shiny is to RNG one. Doing it correctly will yield a shiny Pokemon every time. However it can be quite complex and isn't for everyone (and no, it isn't cheating). Trade Corner has a guide for basic RNGing and can be found here.

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Couple of questions here, is zorua and zoroark considered legends? what legends in B / W cannot be shiny? Lastly can you catch tornadus, thunderus and ladurus in B / W2?

Years
Couple of questions here, is zorua and zoroark considered legends? what legends in B / W cannot be shiny? Lastly can you catch tornadus, thunderus and ladurus in B / W2?

1. Zorua and Zoroark are not technically Legendary Pokemon, but in B/W they are the only non-Legendaries that are event-exclusive. Not the case in B2/W2 though, since you can receive a Zorua from Rood.

2. Legendaries that cannot be shiny: Celebi, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

3. Nope, they can only be obtained by trade or from the 3DS's Pokemon Dream Radar app.

cibir

Blaine's Apprentice
Years
What the heck kind of egg do I have? It's taking FOREVER to hatch.

I'm a little worried because I got it in GTS, and I've hatched like 5 other, newer eggs and this one still isn't even twitching.

Years

I'm a little worried because I got it in GTS, and I've hatched like 5 other, newer eggs and this one still isn't even twitching.

The egg hatching speed depends on the Pokemon that is in the egg. Some Pokemon take longer to hatch than others. You just need to walk a certain number of steps to hatch the egg.

A list of all the different Egg Cycles for each Pokemon can be found here.

You can also have a Pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body abilities in your party to speed up the hatching process. Check your Egg's Summary screen regularly to see how close it is to hatching.

Hope that has helped you out!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

Just be patient and ride your bicycle up and down a long stretch of path such as the Cycling Road for generations that have them or the Skyarrow Bridge in B/W or B/W2. It might take a little while more, but that egg will hatch sooner or later. The possible number of steps for an egg might vary from 5000+ up to 10,000 maximum, but don't worry about this and just keep on riding. Consider doing something else at the same time while riding back and forth as this activity might get a little boring.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Check and make sure it's not a "Bad Egg" (it would say that). If you were to get one of those, I'll trade a junker for it and "fry" it for you by cloning over top of it (see? Action Replay does have beneficial non-cheating uses).

Otherwise, yeah, go to Skyarrow Bridge and ride back and forth. Also, to halve the time, have with you a Volcarona or someone else with Flame Armor (the Magby line also works 100% of the time unless it's a Hidden Ability find).

Cyclone

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Hi there, Having trouble in getting Pokemon White on my 3DS to Game Sync/Connect to wifi due to a recharging issue. I've never used the game sync option properly so I can't see why it won't let me connect. So I'm looking for a bit of help to try get it up and running. A little overview of the problem I suppose would be in order.

1) I usually play on my DS Lite, but in order to try the internet I connected my 3ds to wifi (to avoid the crappy connectivity problems with the DS).
2) But, I started playing away on my 3DS about a week ago. It told me that the "game Sync has run out of energy. It will take on day to recharge it." I thought fine, ok. So I left it a few days and when I came back, it's still giving me that message.
3) In between I think I did play it on my Lite, but it's been over 24 hours playing on the 3DS and still nothing.
4) I can connect to normal internet pages no problem.

So I think that's it really. I'm dying to give the dream world a try but I just can't because I'm consistently met with the "needs to be charged" message. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how to solve it? And no, I'm afraid I don't have the booklet because I bought the game second-hand cart. only :/

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Hi there, Having trouble in getting Pokemon White on my 3DS to Game Sync/Connect to wifi due to a recharging issue. I've never used the game sync option properly so I can't see why it won't let me connect. So I'm looking for a bit of help to try get it up and running. A little overview of the problem I suppose would be in order.

1) I usually play on my DS Lite, but in order to try the internet I connected my 3ds to wifi (to avoid the crappy connectivity problems with the DS).
2) But, I started playing away on my 3DS about a week ago. It told me that the "game Sync has run out of energy. It will take on day to recharge it." I thought fine, ok. So I left it a few days and when I came back, it's still giving me that message.
3) In between I think I did play it on my Lite, but it's been over 24 hours playing on the 3DS and still nothing.
4) I can connect to normal internet pages no problem.

So I think that's it really. I'm dying to give the dream world a try but I just can't because I'm consistently met with the "needs to be charged" message. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how to solve it? And no, I'm afraid I don't have the booklet because I bought the game second-hand cart. only :/

It is probably one of the safeguards against changing the DS Clock. Check the the global link site and see if you have to register the game with the 3DS.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
It is probably one of the safeguards against changing the DS Clock. Check the the global link site and see if you have to register the game with the 3DS.

The game is registered on the global link site, but not on the 3DS. Might try looking into that and let you know whether I have any luck! Thank you!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The game is registered on the global link site, but not on the 3DS. Might try looking into that and let you know whether I have any luck! Thank you!
This is correct. You probably have to unregister and reregister the game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Getting Zorua?

I just picked up Pokemon White the other day, my first Pokemon gameboy purchase since Silver. My girlfriend told me you could get Zorua in this version. She traded me her Celebi so I could talk to the little girl and boy in the Game Freak building. But I already have and the little girl told me the story. I'm thinking I missed the pass phrase step when talking to the scientist. Now I can't find the scientist and I've already beat the gym leader. I wish they made it so you can still get the "Event" Pokemon after the events :( PLEASE HELP!!!

Why does it say Poliwrath!? lol

Maybe like Anon?

Last edited:
Years
I just picked up Pokemon White the other day, my first Pokemon gameboy purchase since Silver. My girlfriend told me you could get Zorua in this version. She traded me her Celebi so I could talk to the little girl and boy in the Game Freak building. But I already have and the little girl told me the story. I'm thinking I missed the pass phrase step when talking to the scientist. Now I can't find the scientist and I've already beat the gym leader. I wish they made it so you can still get the "Event" Pokemon after the events :( PLEASE HELP!!!

Why does it say Poliwrath!? lol

Maybe like Anon?

Have you tried interacting with the boy? He turns into Zorua who will then join your party as long as you have an empty spot and a spare Poke Ball. Also make sure the Celebi you have is the one that was distributed to 4th Generation games during the Movie 13 event. If it isn't that specific Celebi, you won't get Zorua.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Additionally, if the Celebi has already "met its friend" (check its description for that), then it will not encounter another Zorua in another Castelia City. Event Celebis often get cloned and then traded due to this (or ARed, in the 4th gen.).

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
can someone help me??? EVERY TIME I battle people on wi-fi, my Zoroark's Illusion DOES NOT take effect!!! his ability is NOT WORKING on wi-fi battles!!! what is wrong??????

Calm down, dude...

Anyway, Illusion only works if Zoroark is in the 1st-5th team slots. It fails if Zoroark is in the 6th team slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back