• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: PlatinumLite Version (Pt. Premake)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
First post!

So is it going to be an exact remake or are you going to change some things? There are a lot of different parts of Platinum I didn't like, map wise, which would be really good if you could fix them. Also I suggest using the HG/SS menu system since that is a lot better, in my opiion, than Platinums.

Braemon

Trust No One
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
are you going to remove the bidoof pandemic? i really hate walking through almost all of the grass in the entire game and finding bidoof every where..... Great Idea though! keep up the good work!!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
What's the point of making an exact Platinum remake. From what I see, you have made it to be exactly the same, with just changing the text around a bit. You have to think: What would make people want to play your game instead of the real DS Platinum one? If you are making a real remake, you have some tough competitions with the original games. You will need to add many new features, have better graphics, better storyline. Not to mention, you will (I believe) lack the function of a Poketch and the various graphical effects like Giratina jumping out from its portal, or the 3D Torn World. You really have some work in front of you if you want to make this really good and work.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I think this is a good idea, but you should really make some changes. Kind of spice up the story line. Instead of Giratina put Mewtwo or Arceus. If you make a few map changes, story changes, and graphic changes, people would be really interested. I know I would! ;)

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
First post!

So is it going to be an exact remake or are you going to change some things? There are a lot of different parts of Platinum I didn't like, map wise, which would be really good if you could fix them. Also I suggest using the HG/SS menu system since that is a lot better, in my opinion, than Platinums.

OK, give me some Map suggestions and I'll try my best to fix them. :)

As for the menu system, it could take a bit of work for me to learn how to code that sort of stuff, but it's a nice idea! :)

are you going to remove the bidoof pandemic? i really hate walking through almost all of the grass in the entire game and finding bidoof every where..... Great Idea though! keep up the good work!!

Yeah, there are a lot of wild Bidoof. I'll lower their percentage a bit. ;) Thanks!

What's the point of making an exact Platinum remake. From what I see, you have made it to be exactly the same, with just changing the text around a bit. You have to think: What would make people want to play your game instead of the real DS Platinum one? If you are making a real remake, you have some tough competitions with the original games. You will need to add many new features, have better graphics, better storyline. Not to mention, you will (I believe) lack the function of a Poketch and the various graphical effects like Giratina jumping out from its portal, or the 3D Torn World. You really have some work in front of you if you want to make this really good and work.

Interesting. You're right, I'm just going to have to have a think what I can change to overthrow the old storyline, while keeping the Platinum feel... And I've made this partly because some people play it on a DS emulator, which can be a headache.

I think this is a good idea, but you should really make some changes. Kind of spice up the story line. Instead of Giratina put Mewtwo or Arceus. If you make a few map changes, story changes, and graphic changes, people would be really interested. I know I would! ;)

Yeah, that's what I'm learning from the posts so far. I think that could be for the better.

Thanks for the replies guys!

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
I dont like the thought of making a remake of Plantnum because when you really think about it whats the point? Why would someone play this rather than the actual game. And the actual game is much better than what is possible to be made with RPG Maker XP or any other program.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
If you're making a Platinum remake, rip it apart and sew it back together in a unique way. Perhaps let players battle the Johto and Kanto Gym Leaders in different areas, Battle Steven or Red, or both, at Mt. Pillar, Make the Legendary Dogs and other past legendaries have sub-plots. Include Alamos Town somewhere to replace the lame Darkrai event. Just spouting random ideas.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Yeah, but how can I continue if it won't be played? I have a few other ideas running through my head right now anyway.
Well I don't really know how popular remakes are but, if you did change a few things, I'm sure some people would play it. If you have some ideas for other unique Pokemon games I would go with them instead, though.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Yeah! Well I haven't seen any RescueRanger style RMXP games so I might just make one of them. :) Something fresh for the Showcase.

We'd better just let this thread die now.

Back