• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
HA HA! YES It finally works thanks foullump not only have you helped create my script u furthered my progress in my work and ironically i learned how to make movement scripts using the script you helped me make! Ur help is greatly appreciated...Now for my final question. How do you get the person to say what they have to say without moving back to there original spot while the scripts sdill in effect? Do i just increase the pause part by whatever i want?

Could you be a little more clear, please? I don't really understand what you're talking about...

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
white version? I mean the after you battle him and the battle screen goes away and your back in the overworld the trainer talks to you straight after the battle i.e. you have to talk to him.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Yeah, just put it like this

#org $go
trainerbattle 1 0x001 $before $after $further
message $win
boxset 6
release
end

#org $further
message $win
boxset 6
release
end

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
When I made a script to make a police officier talk and went to that area and talked to him, the whole screen turned purple! What's going on?

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Sigh... Show me the script...

I think what I did wrong was maybe I was writing in the wrong area. I was writing in the log area.
But maybe I didn't download pokescript, maybe it's somethingelse. Where do I download it?

Last edited:

jdogpwnz

Pokemon Elite Journey
Years
hey i got a quesiton????? After you type in youre script how do you put it to the rom? I try reading the irsh witches turtorial but i fell asleep it was so boring and complicated. So plzz tell meeeeee.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
hey i got a quesiton????? After you type in youre script how do you put it to the rom? I try reading the irsh witches turtorial but i fell asleep it was so boring and complicated. So plzz tell meeeeee.

I think I answered that somewhere in the disscussion thread. Search it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
The page that tells how to make a shiny script says forbidden. Could someone just show me the script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I still don't understand, how do I enter these into the game? Will it give me one of those Script Offsets?

Years
Somebody please help!

Ok, I've tried to put the givepokemon script to ROM. I used the example:

#org $Startscript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 1 goto $GotIt
message $AskMe
$AskMe 1 = Would you like a free pokemon?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $Giveit
message $Forget
$Forget 1 = Oh.. Ok, forget it!
boxset 6
release
end

#org $Gotit
message $Howis
$Howis 1 = So, How's the pokemon?
boxset 6
release
end

#org $Giveit
message $Whatisit
$Whatisit 1= You Recieved a BulbaSaur!
boxset 6
givepokemon 0x1 5 0
release
setflag 0x200
end

So it must be good.
I encoded it with pokescript, then it opened in bufrite. And I did it:
cojarobieti2.jpg

And then:
amaptg2.jpg

And when i talk to this man, game freezes - what's wrong?

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Ok, I've tried to put the givepokemon script to ROM. I used the example:
Spoiler:

And when i talk to this man, game freezes - what's wrong?
sorry, but I have no idea what's wrong.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
tahnks man! but i still need help i did it then the music came on with a whole bunch of "letters" that just kept going help

Years
Ok, all works, now (expect the fonts) - I didn't have database. But I've got a problem with applymovement. I get this script that was an example. I put it in littleroot, but when i step on it, nothing happen, the fat blue man don't move, and the game not freezes I put it ike that:
loltg7.png

Something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back