• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
Years
it reminds me of traffic tickets. Once you get so many POINTS on your license its suspended and eventually (if you consider you continue with your violations) its revoked permanently.

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
Haha, this system isn't going to make me stop speaking my mind though. =]

I just have one problem with it. What if members see that they only get a warning or the infraction expires very soon? Won't they believe that they can continue posting like that and/or potentially take advantage of the system?

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
I have another question, Where excatly are they in your CP?, Will it show blank if you dont have any, or will it not show up at all?

What if something is done accidently like someone accidently double posts and doesn't realise or was being Rude as payback for someone (not that it should be in threads but its an example) or what if staff member got the "wrong end of the stick" and gave you an infraction for no reason. I guess what I'm basically asking is: Can they be deleted and not counted if the staff member got it wrong?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
This new system seems like it may keep everything a little more organized compared to user notes, good call. But I'm a little confused on something. I had one warning under the previous system, now according to this new layout, it is long expired. So, will the user notes be deleted, or will they be converted into infractions? And if they are converted, will they last the alloted time, or come in as expired?

Years
I have one thing that slightly confused me.

(In addition, if you ever get a total of 25 infractions (NOT points, but actual infractions given), you're banned permanently from the community)
Do expired infractions count towards this total? Say, someone bypasses the character limit 25 times over the course of 2-3 years, which all expire before another infraction is given. Does the 25th one automatically ban you, or does it only count as having one infraction?

Years
I have another question, Where excatly are they in your CP?, Will it show blank if you dont have any, or will it not show up at all?

What if something is done accidently like someone accidently double posts and doesn't realise or was being Rude as payback for someone (not that it should be in threads but its an example) or what if staff member got the "wrong end of the stick" and gave you an infraction for no reason. I guess what I'm basically asking is: Can they be deleted and not counted if the staff member got it wrong?
IIRC it's on the main page of the userCP. If you have none, it won't show any.
And yes, they can be undone.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have one thing that slightly confused me.

Do expired infractions count towards this total? Say, someone bypasses the character limit 25 times over the course of 2-3 years, which all expire before another infraction is given. Does the 25th one automatically ban you, or does it only count as having one infraction?

I think you get banned in that case, since, even if you get the lowest infraction (1 point each) it's impossible to have 25 working infractions at once without having 20 points (permaban). You would have been banned long time ago.

Years
  • Age 32
  • MA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Really complicated, but I think this new idea makes alot more sense than the previous warning system =/

Just curious: Aside from my last warning which I recieved like, 3 weeks ago, my other two happened back in March, and April. Will those warnings be removed, or are they just permanent because they had taken place before the new system was implicated?

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
Years
Yes, this will help the PC very much. But one question is, you can still get perma banned by constant spamming right? (like, alot of times and ignoring any warnings given)
Hmm.. i think we should try to get the reputation thing back, as it will help with the D/P Wireless trade centre for PC. =)

Years
Finally deciding to utilize the forums infraction system; smart move. Not confusing at all, rather common sense. I like how it is put together though. Nice job.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Wow, this is extremely well thought out. Who decided on all of the infraction differences; just Ausaudriel or the entire staff?

Last edited:

Teamtyranitar

Fizz-X
Years

double posting happens to me alot i post just as the sever gos down so i click it again then i get yelled at
Edit: 130 post <----------- does that count as spam even if the post before it

Melody

Banned
Years
I like the new system, It's simple and easy to keep track of when you've broken the rules. And the points system is useful too because now the mods dont have to tug on an s-mod's+ pants/skirt to ban a member with a 3rd, 6th or 9th infraction. XD
And a yellow card is a lot more of a discreet way to correct a member in my opinion. Stops flaming maybe? Not sure but I'm sure there's a perk along those lines somewhere. XD

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
I've never heard of this system being used in some of the forums I visit.
It's very intimidating. I'd be too afraid to post.

Its not a problem if you follow the rules.

Has it starting now then?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
You know what amuses me about this system? The old warnings stuck, usually, minus the taking-time-into-account-then-manually-banning.

But other than the transition, looks good to me. Wish we'd had these things when I was your age, sonny. ♥

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
This is a great system IMO, I've been seeing aot of spammers around lately so this is a great way to get it to calm down a little. PC is getting more backbone ^_^

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
I think this will work out great. Besides it could also get rid of all the newbs here at PC. But Ill also keep in mind that these are the rules and I have to follow them.

Back