• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hm. How does the Trainer Tower get the trainers to have your max level...?

Checking doesn't work, a whole list of errors with post zero this that comes up.

Teknoe

The one, the only.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2009
The little pokemon sprites when you check your pokemon that bob up and down, how would I go about editing these in Firered?

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I know that there is a list of used flags in the XSE tutorial (the included one and Diego's (I believe)), but is there a list of flags and what they flag. I've google and searched through this forum and couldn't find one. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
No there isn't.

Why would you need to know what they flag, anyway? Just look through scripts if you want to know a certain one.

I'm trying to figure out the mystic ticket and aurora ticket mechanics. The guy by the SS ANNE has a lot of check flags so it's slow going figuring out which ones are which. I guess I'll just work it out myself, it shouldn't be too hard, although I'll probably have to draw it out for it to make sense. Thanks for the info though.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
this is what I found,I haven't touch anything here:
what to do now?

As you can see the first bytes are different. Change the ones on your hack so that they're the same as the original, clean ROM.

On the other hand, I have yet another question (yay..). How would you go about adding a new Type into Pokémon Fire-Red? Any tools or tutorials around for this? (I have searched, but it came up empty).

If you want to add new types, ASM is needed. Anyway, if you just need one new type you might replace "???" and change the weakness/strength data accordingly.

How do you enable or disable running/using fly/bike for a map?

Go to the header view and experiment with the map type (Village, Route, etc.).

Hm. How does the Trainer Tower get the trainers to have your max level...?

Checking doesn't work, a whole list of errors with post zero this that comes up.

Yeah, AM sucks sometimes. Just make sure the "Show sprites" option is not enabled.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
how do i implement a script file into a rom?

Use XSE and compile, its this gear looking button, then copy the offset that is produced into the offset space on advance map (if you have it)

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my rom works! no white screen~!~!!
my hack is alive!~!!!!!!!!!!!!1
hack mew you're a god!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Hey can someone Help me?
I Cant use Advance Mart?
When i click it The Program does not appear >.>
Help please >3 *sad*

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey can someone Help me?
I Cant use Advance Mart?
When i click it The Program does not appear >.>
Help please >3 *sad*

And no error messages appear at all? Are you sure?

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Yes im Sure.. It looks like nothing in the program was scripted
>3 *sad* Please Help? ^_^ Need to use it for my hack
Really Need it.. Thanks For Reading ^_^ *giggles*

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
damn! here's a problem I try to save the game without quick save and I see this:
285gu8.gif

I start a new game,try to save and it says:save error,please exchange the backup memory.
what now? -____-

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yes im Sure.. It looks like nothing in the program was scripted
>3 *sad* Please Help? ^_^ Need to use it for my hack
Really Need it.. Thanks For Reading ^_^ *giggles*

That's weird... What Windows version are you using? Also, did you install the VB6 runtime files?

damn! here's a problem I try to save the game without quick save and I see this:
285gu8.gif

I start a new game,try to save and it says:save error,please exchange the backup memory.
what now? -____-

There are two possible causes.
1. Emulator
2. ROM

You better hope it's just the emulator. So delete any savegame you may have and try again. Just to be sure, move the ROM (and only the ROM) into a new folder.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I've deleted the .sav files and the .sgm and I still see that,what do I need to delete,backup file?
and when I insert the game into VBA,it allways creates a new .sav file

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've deleted the .sav files and the .sgm and I still see that,what do I need to delete,backup file?
and when I insert the game into VBA,it allways creates a new .sav file

Are you sure you set all the settings properly? Double check them.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I have flash 128K new 1.8.0 emu
delete the .sav and the .bak that it created?
also I see this when the game starts
25rm93m.gif
Do I see this message because of the problem or not?
maybe I need to change things on hex editor?
you see,I guess I can play without save cause I can use quick save but when I beat the pokemon league it saves,and it will probablly show me the blue massege which means that I cannot beat the game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back