• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Earth & Sky and Odyssey are very much alive, I'd say! Not sure about Shattered Era.

I too need to make a comback in the RP Corner, I'm only in one RP now and we're only 4 players O.o Cozy but isolated.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD

Years
Does this mean that we'll be able to use Sports Balls and Teddy Bears to destroy giant monsters?

Uh... No. XD... Besides I don't remember a mog ever successfully killing anything. The only thing really similar is the use of simmple weapons like swords and spears despite the clearly advanced technology that is available.

@Chibi: I'll get to posting it fairly soon but my laptop is going through some technical difficulty and I'd prefer to post it from there since that is where my draft etc is stored.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD

You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?

@ gimmipie, let's hope Skymin is quick to accept threads, then ;D

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
RIGHT ON CUE. I'll go do them now~

I'm only in two as well, but innocence has been dead because... well, i dont know why. I'm working on my own, which im about 1/8th finished.

EDIT: "No posts found." WELL I GUESS I CAN DO THEM LATER I SUPPOSE HAHA

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, I'm in one roleplay right now but I've been neglecting it because I've been GMing my own xD. As a first timer, I find it pretty fun!

I rememeber doing 4-5 at the same time, atop of well...other stuff on PC and irl. xD but like...(except PTA), the others kinda died. Being in 1-2 roleplays are alright for me.

Speaking of roleplay, Super Smash Bros has one more spot available to close the 15 player count. We're...close to facing the first boss!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?

Honestly im still thinking about a plot and stuff :p but this time i won't do everything in one day, i'm gonna take the time for it and make it awesome.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, seeing as one of the members of Dimensional Link seems to have vanished from PC (in an RP where activity /determines the life of the RP/) I think it may be done for.

That said, I've got an idea in mind for a Sandbox-style RP (Oh how I love them) that takes place in the Zelda world. In this Game, /No one is the hero/. It follows the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated, but goes to the point where Ganondorf was defeated but before the point where Ganondorf is resurrected. Life in the land of Hyrule returned to peace, but people remain wary, as the rumors of Ganon's ressurection are scattered about. Monsters still roam about in areas not populated by people and travel from place to place often requires guidance from a more skilled warrior for safety. Players will have a choice of species as follows: Hylian, Kokiri, Goron, Zora, Gerudo, Rito, or Twili.

Any thoughts on this so far? Interest? Also, would it be better to use Ocarina of Time's overworld (With Rito flying from an island and Twili from a portal in the Desert) or an overworld from another game?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
That sounds like a perfect RP for me, because I've been looking for a freeform fantasy RP for a while. ^_^

Could you clarify Twili, please? Because playing tall, humanoid ones would be excellent. The creepy little imps less so. :P

Oh, would playing as a fairy be possible? I love Fey. :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
If you're referring to Midna's Imp form, no. That was the result of a curse. So, yes, they'll look humanoid, with mixtures of slate gray and black skin.

It also seems to be a common trait to have orange hair, but this won't be a requirement. Literally, look up "Twili" on a Google Image Search. A lot of fan-arts of Twilit people are there.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I really should pay tribute and post here...

I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

-shrugs-

I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter :laugh: Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

-looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I really should pay tribute and post here...

I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

-shrugs-

I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter :laugh: Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

-looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...
Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I'm back from the death :D
Now that took a while... Anyways, I'm here now and I plan on staying... At least until I begin my next semester of High School -.-

Sooooooo... In the meantime, I shall see if I can do some RPing around here :)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.

I call it mainstream because the next in line that I heard off in my popularity listing is SAO, and I've included it (though only Aincrad) Besides, SAO is kinda new... Because of the anime. The LN started in 2008, I think? Others don't have anything to do with fighting.

I'm working on the concepts so that it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces. Highest stat wise in the worlds I have is Madoka Magica, and that's because the girls there actually use their souls to do magic. Next is Nanoha, but in canon the characters there are Double Letters in rank. OCs should have lower ranks.

Each have their strengths and weaknesses, like how Suikoden characters have the highest Leadership skills with low defense and health, while Grand Chase characters have great Physical skills with mediocre Leadership. In all honesty, Avatar characters are the most balanced, leaning towards being weak as they don't have magic. I didn't include DB because Avatar characters can take their place, with + points as they can bend elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back