• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
If we were on da I would type :iconohjoyplz: about 8 times.
Maybe you guys could just have fakemon starters?
I'd be pretty chill with that. (no pun intended)

Nope, we'll be having more than just starters.
Thanks.

Hope you finish it fast want to play it badly!

It won't be finished any time soon, but thanks anyways. :D

Nice job on game keep up the good work!

Thanks.

I know this might sound spammy but seriously and honeslty, this is the best hack I have ever seen.
It isn't perfect; nothing is, but the sprites, tiles and imagery is stunning. There are a few faults but just tiny minor ones. I am no major hacking expert, I don't even hack so don't take my critism really profenssionaly or experienced.

Overall it looks great, I would love to play it someday. Plus turquoise is my favourite colour! XD

Thanks.

Congrats on making it to the Games Showcase!
Best of luck with the progress! :P

Thanks, TS. :3

Update

I felt bad for not posting the next starter, so I decided to post a little screenshot for you guys.
Nothing big, just some new houses for Corolla Town, and some new trees. :3

18_CorollaTownNew.png

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Nope, we'll be having more than just starters.
Thanks.

It won't be finished any time soon, but thanks anyways. :D

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks, TS. :3

Update

Thanks to Logiedan, I'm able to show you the silhouette of one of the starters. ;D
Once the actual sprite is revealed, I'll reveal another silhouette, and I'll do the same for the last starter.​

TrogladeSilouhette.png

I hope you don't get mad but this kind of reminds me of a monkey as well XD.
I wonder what it actually is, I have a feeling it will look cool.

Years
The update looks good so far.. expect i notice the right arm looks a bit funny.. but it may ment to be like that.. ill have to wait and see the full thing before i judge it but good work.

Cilerba

Years
I hope you don't get mad but this kind of reminds me of a monkey as well XD.
I wonder what it actually is, I have a feeling it will look cool.
[/CENTER]

Doesn't make me mad. You'll see it soon, though. ;)

The update looks good so far.. expect i notice the right arm looks a bit funny.. but it may ment to be like that.. ill have to wait and see the full thing before i judge it but good work.

It only looks like that because it's all colored in black.
The actual sprite looks better.

This game is so good for me... :)

Thanks. :)

Update

I felt bad for not posting the next starter, so I decided to post a little screenshot for you guys.

18_CorollaTownNew.png

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years

Doesn't make me mad. You'll see it soon, though. ;)

It only looks like that because it's all colored in black.
The actual sprite looks better.

Thanks. :)

Update

18_CorollaTownNew.png
This House im not sure if it was in hg/ss but if its not then i think you beat nintendo's best tilers.

BRAVO, BRAVO You Have Earned a Star *

Cilerba

Years
This House im not sure if it was in hg/ss but if its not then i think you beat nintendo's best tilers.

BRAVO, BRAVO You Have Earned a Star *

Thanks. :p

You tile set maker is very talented. good work guys

Thank you.

Ah,It's a good game,congratulations!^^

Thanks. n_n

Just a quick little update showing a season system that may or may not stay with Turquoise. I'm just showing you what it would look like if I did keep it.

Also, ignore the ugly graphics. They're still being worked on,

19_Fall.png

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
tbh cilerba the map you just showed is pretty nice but the earthy atmosphere of the town doesn't go with the blue houses.
:/

Cilerba

Years
tbh cilerba the map you just showed is pretty nice but the earthy atmosphere of the town doesn't go with the blue houses.
:/

Those are just temporary palettes. Don't worry I won't be using them.

I like the season mode its a good idea.. you should keep it

Thanks, but I've decided that I won't be using them.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been focusing on things other than Turquoise lately.
So, I'll just explain what I've done for Turquoise so far.

I've edited Essentials' Dependency Script so it's like an actual caterpillar system. (Thanks to KitsuneKouta for showing me how)
The bank system is also 100% complete. Also, I've edited the palettes a LOT and it looks much better now.
Soo, expect a few new screenshots. :D

Last edited:

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
I don't get why this doesn't get more attention. It is easily in the best games of Pokecommunity. The effort that you put in clearly shows though with brilliance, that is reflects. There is games that I wont mention, that are very popular and this outshines them the graphics are beautifully crafted in such a way that they all compliment each other greatly the pallets look fantastic are they are in my opinion. Your game seems to look great as it is, making a great 3D look without even using a 3D engine such as Neo 7 Mode, or perspective. I may be worth trying out a script of some sort to see what results with be produced. The only thing that is bothering me right now with the game is that I think you need to sort out the battle-backgrounds as they lack perspective as the image being portrayed is a birds eye view almost. You need to roughly around the center of the image make a horizon and have sky and the sea. A very good example you may want to follow is the work of Kuroda-Taiki a very talented pixel artist on deviantART. She produces fantastic pieces of work, which the style would work great in game. Here are the two works she has produced; Bushy Patch & Quiet Beach.

Your mapping is 100% from the screenshot's I can see, that you can map in anyway to suit the environment of your maps, ie; Making city's like city's, caves as caves. Not alot of people and do this, and aswell as you pull it off. I'm not a great mapper, but I can see a good map. Keep with the good work.

Everything else in this game look top of the range! You should try your hardest and keep pushing everything you have got. I can tell you have buckets of talent and somewhere along the line you will be rewarded, as the attention you are receiving right now, doesn't not reflect on the game. I will try and help advertise this as you have a great game here, I will make some sort of userbar and have it up the the next few days.

I wish you the absolute best of Good luck with your project, and Well done.

Last edited:
Years
I don't get why this doesn't get more attention. It is easily in the best games of Pokecommunity. The effort that you put in clearly shows though with brilliance, that is reflects. There is games that I wont mention, that are very popular and this outshines them the graphics are beautifully crafted in such a way that they all compliment each other greatly the pallets look fantastic are they are in my opinion. Your game seems to look great as it is, making a great 3D look without even using a 3D engine such as Neo 7 Mode, or perspective. I may be worth trying out a script of some sort to see what results with be produced. The only thing that is bothering me right now with the game is that I think you need to sort out the battle-backgrounds as they lack perspective as the image being portrayed is a birds eye view almost. You need to roughly around the center of the image make a horizon and have sky and the sea. A very good example you may want to follow is the work of Kuroda-Taiki a very talented pixel artist on deviantART. She produces fantastic pieces of work, which the style would work great in game. Here are the two works she has produced; Bushy Patch & Quiet Beach.

Your mapping is 100% from the screenshot's I can see, that you can map in anyway to suit the environment of your maps, ie; Making city's like city's, caves as caves. Not alot of people and do this, and aswell as you pull it off. I'm not a great mapper, but I can see a good map. Keep with the good work.

Everything else in this game look top of the range! You should try your hardest and keep pushing everything you have got. I can tell you have buckets of talent and somewhere along the line you will be rewarded, as the attention you are receiving right now, doesn't not reflect on the game. I will try and help advertise this as you have a great game here, I will make some sort of userbar and have it up the the next few days.

I totally agree the mapping and tiling is amazing!!! and im sure the sprites and scripting will be just as good as we get to see more of this game!!!

Wait a few weeks and this game will be #1 most popular fan game!

Cilerba

Years

Wow, ben. Thanks, that means a lot. Although, that's incognito's mapping so he gets all the credit. :P

I love it! Where can i download this? just pm me after finishing it :))

Thanks, but there won't be a download for a long time.

I totally agree the mapping and tiling is amazing!!! and im sure the sprites and scripting will be just as good as we get to see more of this game!!!

Wait a few weeks and this game will be #1 most popular fan game!

Thanks, Prodigy. n_n

I have a really small "update" for everyone.
I want to know what you think on this new overworld. The base was made by Minorthreat.
You can also see that I changed the pond tiles, and changed up all the palettes.

new_ow_look__by_cilerba-d31pncc.png

EDIT: Also, ignore the resolution. I was just fooling around.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Maxy has decided to give himself a little break. So, I'm fulfilling his request for a temporary lock.

Locked [for now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back