• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Uhh...why the anonomousity?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
This joke is alright so far, I still like last years better.

Edit: Awww, I wanted to be a Charizard or a Mewtwo :(

Another Edit: Are we switching pokemon everytime we post?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Well, I find this highly inconvenient and annoying. Thanks a lot, PC.

I'm Xilfer123 BTW

It's been worse. |D But for only one day in a year, it's fun. :'D

Besides, if you hover over the icon that says whether or not the user is online, the actual username should show up. And there are other tiny "bugs" that make the anonymosity incomplete (post editing, quoting (in the typing window)...and what not).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Happy April Fools!

I wonder what you will see me as.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Curious to see what Pokemon I've been assigned...

Edit 2: And it changes each time you post. Splendid

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I'm seeing a lot of wild Pokemon...

They seem to appear in every quote?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Well, I missed the 2012 April Fool's Day event, but this one (for 2013) is quite stellar. :D I was a bit puzzled on PokeCommunity's home page since I didn't see anything drastic, but then I got a PM about Unova captions and saw someone as a Shiny Slowpoke, then I went to some "Easter raffle" thread and saw the OP as a Tornadus, and then I got overwhelmed with Mystery Dungeon mania. XD

At first, I thought everyone was specifically assigned a Pokemon based on what fit them, but then I realized that this would be improbable due to all the inactive accounts (let alone the sheer number of existing PokeCommunity accounts).. So then I thought that everyone was randomly assigned a Pokemon for the day (after post-testing in The Count to Infinity thread). Then I edited my post and saw that our Pokemon changes after certain actions...

First I was a Terrakion (my first post today; legendaries FTW), then a Quilava (when I edited the aforementioned 'Terrakion' post; really fitting because I became a Cyndaquil when I first played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team :cer_love:), and then a Bayleef! I've seen my fair share of Shiny Pokemon today as well - so far, Charmeleon (coincidentally, I also spotted an uncatchable Charmeleon in Hoenn's Battle Factory in Emerald), Slowpoke, Seedot, Rampardos, Kyurem, Clefairy, Giratina, and even freaking BLAZIKEN. T_T I'm probably going to be stuck screencapping the cool shiny Pokemon today (Blaziken, Giratina, and Kyurem so far)...

To the person/people who devised this idea, awesome job! :cer_nod: The only downside is that the signatures are disabled for the day, but it's understandable in that it increases the anonymity effect.. I'd much rather have this "randomized Pokemon" thing rather than that Wario pop-up from a few days ago... XD I wish we could retain this as a permanent feature somehow (i.e., you could change your user settings to randomize your username/avatar/user description to a random Pokemon), but for now, I'll enjoy the hi-jinks of today. :3 It's neat that the post counts change as well to match National Dex numbers!

If anyone sees me as a normal or shiny Blaziken (or Ho-Oh), a notification or even a screencap would be great! :D Happy April Fool's Day 2013, everyone!

Random thought: It's a good thing that this idea was brought about now, because I imagine that this feat would be a bit more difficult to do with 3D images (as in, Pokemon from Pokemon X/Y would be restricted to 3D models as opposed to easier-to-manage DS sprites like all the pre-XY Pokemon have).

EDIT: You know, the "Are you looking for a name change?" PokeCommunity Notice at the top of this subforum's pages becomes more amusing when you factor in all of this Pokemon randomization stuff. :cer_laugh: Also, I like how the main page says "???" for the identity of the Last Poster, mimicking the 'name' of Silver in Gold/Silver/Crystal when you first battle him. :)

EDIT 2: Freaking yesssss; I became a normal-colored Blaziken upon revisiting this post! :cer_boogie: :t257:

Last edited:
Years
is this gonna revert back at midday (has midday passed for americans? i dont even know)? because it's getting really annoying. D:

also im sad that my hopes for a wario theme have been completely shattered

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'm wondering if Missingno. (#000) is included in the day's festivities as well? I know it's technically not an official Pokemon, but it would be neat to see it randomly pop up as one of the "Pokemon", IMO. ^^

And does the "Age" thing in the sidebar mean anything or is it just a randomized number..?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
No, only the post count means something ;)
Edit: Also, the pokemon changes everytime you enter a page or refresh it. :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I missed the 2012 April Fool's Day event, but this one (for 2013) is quite stellar. :D I was a bit puzzled on PokeCommunity's home page since I didn't see anything drastic, but then I got a PM about Unova captions and saw someone as a Shiny Slowpoke, then I went to some "Easter raffle" thread and saw the OP as a Tornadus, and then I got overwhelmed with Mystery Dungeon mania. XD

At first, I thought everyone was specifically assigned a Pokemon based on what fit them, but then I realized that this would be improbable due to all the inactive accounts (let alone the sheer number of existing PokeCommunity accounts).. So then I thought that everyone was randomly assigned a Pokemon for the day (after post-testing in The Count to Infinity thread). Then I edited my post and saw that our Pokemon changes after certain actions...

First I was a Terrakion (my first post today; legendaries FTW), then a Quilava (when I edited the aforementioned 'Terrakion' post; really fitting because I became a Cyndaquil when I first played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team :cer_love:), and then a Bayleef! I've seen my fair share of Shiny Pokemon today as well - so far, Charmeleon (coincidentally, I also spotted an uncatchable Charmeleon in Hoenn's Battle Factory in Emerald), Slowpoke, Seedot, Rampardos, Kyurem, Clefairy, Giratina, and even freaking BLAZIKEN. T_T I'm probably going to be stuck screencapping the cool shiny Pokemon today (Blaziken, Giratina, and Kyurem so far)...

To the person/people who devised this idea, awesome job! :cer_nod: The only downside is that the signatures are disabled for the day, but it's understandable in that it increases the anonymity effect.. I'd much rather have this "randomized Pokemon" thing rather than that Wario pop-up from a few days ago... XD I wish we could retain this as a permanent feature somehow (i.e., you could change your user settings to randomize your username/avatar/user description to a random Pokemon), but for now, I'll enjoy the hi-jinks of today. :3 It's neat that the post counts change as well to match National Dex numbers!

If anyone sees me as a normal or shiny Blaziken (or Ho-Oh), a notification or even a screencap would be great! :D Happy April Fool's Day 2013, everyone!

Random thought: It's a good thing that this idea was brought about now, because I imagine that this feat would be a bit more difficult to do with 3D images (as in, Pokemon from Pokemon X/Y would be restricted to 3D models as opposed to easier-to-manage DS sprites like all the pre-XY Pokemon have).

EDIT: You know, the "Are you looking for a name change?" PokeCommunity Notice at the top of this subforum's pages becomes more amusing when you factor in all of this Pokemon randomization stuff. :cer_laugh: Also, I like how the main page says "???" for the identity of the Last Poster, mimicking the 'name' of Silver in Gold/Silver/Crystal when you first battle him. :)

EDIT 2: Freaking yesssss; I became a normal-colored Blaziken upon revisiting this post! :cer_boogie: :t257:

Fenyx, you aren't very good at disguising your personality :P Although that's probably best XD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm glad this is nothing like last year's "event". That one was just mean u_u This one is just pure fun :)

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I have been reading through threads for about ten minutes now and didnt even notice XD I looked closely at one whose name was Venusaur but didnt think anything of it! Only when I posted did I realise :')

Back