• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I just wanted to pop in and say that this is looking great so far. Your updated tileset is miles ahead of what you were using earlier. Are you going to update the PC/ Mart/ Gym tiles as well or are you be keeping them the same?

Also, you can have the correct beginning quotation marks in the below screenshot by writing ["] instead of just "
103h8bt.png

If you need any help with absolutely anything just send me message. I'm looking forward to more of Fae's updates :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I just wanted to pop in and say that this is looking great so far. Your updated tileset is miles ahead of what you were using earlier. Are you going to update the PC/ Mart/ Gym tiles as well or are you be keeping them the same?

Also, you can have the correct beginning quotation marks in the below screenshot by writing ["] instead of just "
103h8bt.png

I didn't even notice that about quotations! Daaamn.

At the moment they'll be staying the same. Gyms don't play as much of a role in these games, so they're not a priority to jazz up, really.

Meh. Why not, I love to offer my help as well ^^

:D

I've edited the text box since, but I can't decide whether to go with a neutral blue or a pink, similar to the title of this thread ;-; hmmm.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
:D

I've edited the text box since, but I can't decide whether to go with a neutral blue or a pink, similar to the title of this thread ;-; hmmm.

I'd go with neutral blue. But when it comes to cuteness.. (lol) I'd go with pink ^^

What help I can give you:

- Tile insertion
- Titlescreen insertion
- Mapping
- Scripting
- Sprites insertion (No, definitely not OW's)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hmm I'll keep thinking about it :3

I've scripted the first main event now, talking place at Pewter Museum. The main things I have decided on lately:

- The scene is set in the introduction (before naming) section, as well as by speaking to NPCs/bookcases in Pewter Town. This will hopefully answer any nagging questions, but will require some effort - I don't want to sit the player down for a forced 30 line speech.
- Locked into Male Protagonist (sorry DX)
- Rather than naming your Rival, you name the Professor (somewhat of a Celebrity). I can't decide whether I want to change the default names, as 'Professor Green' is pretty funny XD.
- Your means of obtaining your first Pokemon has been decided.
- Another main story character has been decided. I don't like the term 'rival' but yeah, something similar to that.​

At the moment, the only help I need is getting a suitable Jirachi OW implemented, I tried myself, and it looks fine out-of-ROM but a mess in game. XD Any help would be appreciated.

Scripting evidence! (Textbox still a WIP, Professor OW is badly done by me, and only one frame atm :( )

2wnpvu1.png
2rclwuo.png
2eycmdi.png

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
So your thread is here. Unfortunately, I'm not good at Ow inserting ): Anyways, glad to see it here. Your screenies are so wonderfuuuul. Can't wait for more ^^

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I really like the storyline. I'm curious to know what happens. As for the starter.... I can't wait to play to find out what it is! Good luck on this hack, I'll lurk from time to time :)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Oooh!~ A mod making a hack! Sugoii-ne!~

A dark and mysterious storyline.. hmm.. I like that, I guess it's related to Team Rocket... XD.. the textbox looks cute :3.. that remapping is really good too.. gonna subscribe :3.. Oh and the tiles, are just those recolors? they look pretty great!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I really like the textbox for some reason..simple and professional

Thank you :) I tried to make it look simple, slightly different take on the normal textbook. It took me about five different styles to make up my mind.

So your thread is here. Unfortunately, I'm not good at Ow inserting ): Anyways, glad to see it here. Your screenies are so wonderfuuuul. Can't wait for more ^^

Thanks also! :)

I really like the storyline. I'm curious to know what happens. As for the starter.... I can't wait to play to find out what it is! Good luck on this hack, I'll lurk from time to time :)

I confirm it for you next time I update! ;D

Oooh!~ A mod making a hack! Sugoii-ne!~

A dark and mysterious storyline.. hmm.. I like that, I guess it's related to Team Rocket... XD.. the textbox looks cute :3.. that remapping is really good too.. gonna subscribe :3.. Oh and the tiles, are just those recolors? they look pretty great!

ありがとうございます!~

The big trees are new tiles (link to credit in first post). Everything else is edited by me - the little trees are edited FR trees with the new tree palette.

Really intrigued by this. Can't wait to try it out.

Ty :3

=====================================================​

Only one new screenshot to show you, unfortunately:

28qw9aq.png

But which Pokemon will hatch out?

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
=====================================================​

Only one new screenshot to show you, unfortunately:

28qw9aq.png

But which Pokemon will hatch out?

pi~pi~pink!?~ I wonder what Pokemon would it be? A Pokemon that's pink and a Fairy Type... hmm.. I guess it would be in the Pure Fairy chart and is also pink... Clefairy? No? that's just a guess anyway..

And also どういたしまして. :D..

I'm really interested on the ongoing hacks right now, why are there so many new hacks? And also good at that.. O q O

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
pi~pi~pink!?~ I wonder what Pokemon would it be? A Pokemon that's pink and a Fairy Type... hmm.. I guess it would be in the Pure Fairy chart and is also pink... Clefairy? No? that's just a guess anyway..

STARTER SPOILERS:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
STARTER SPOILERS:
Spoiler:

Awww, no breeding for Perfect Natured and Perfect IV Pokemon? Anyways, Will you change their Base Stats and also their Move Learnset? And also Azumarill > Raichu.. Huge Power is OP.. O.o... even with Raichu having the type advantage Azumarill still has good defenses...

I thought it was gonna be something pink like igglybuff or cleffa actually.. haha

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Awww, no breeding for Perfect Natured and Perfect IV Pokemon? Anyways, Will you change their Base Stats and also their Move Learnset? And also Azumarill > Raichu.. Huge Power is OP.. O.o... even with Raichu having the type advantage Azumarill still has good defenses...

I thought it was gonna be something pink like igglybuff or cleffa actually.. haha

Nope, no breeding I'm afraid - Breeding is such a meta-game add on that I don't feel it is necessary at this stage in the progress line - it would have to be something I add back in at the end on completion.

Also, yes Azumarill and Raichu are being balanced and tweaked - type advantage won't matter though as there is no rival taking the opposite.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Nope, no breeding I'm afraid - Breeding is such a meta-game add on that I don't feel it is necessary at this stage in the progress line - it would have to be something I add back in at the end on completion.
I've always seen breeding as a main games thing, often times I'm surprised to see that people invest time in it in hacks because they're generally shorter than the main games. So, at least personally, I wouldn't see a lack of breeding as a loss.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
STARTER SPOILERS:
Spoiler:

WAHH!!! I like those starters!! Definitely can't wait for this!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A lovely CSS update from the amazing Fairy. Now this hack shall be cute and badass.

Stats have now been balanced for the starters and a movepool settled on for the time being :).

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

UPDATE: The Secret Keeper

The Secret Keeper, a feature I included in my last attempt at hacking, is making a return. This forgetful old man, who lives in Viridian City, is meant to be keeping track of Kanto's history - but apparently he needs some helping. Around the region there are many secrets - forgotten pasts, hidden areas, legendary items. The more secrets you discover (and inform The Secret Keeper about) the better your reward!

The first secret in the game is pretty basic, just a quick search around the nearby Routes will find you it. Secrets can be noted by a chime, the first time you visit the area/interact with the object.

wrjadv.png
2enpws6.png

35lrcqc.png

Last edited:
Back