• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Young4Ever

No need to be bitter,is there?
Years
Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P

might want to use that space bar a bit more? It's hard enough to read with the size 2 font *squints*

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
Now here's an idea which seems extremely easy, yet I still do not wish to participate

"Shedinja's Challenge: Sans Wonder Guard, Level 100 Gym Fight!"

Goal: Get through all of the Gym battles AND Elite Four using lvl 100 Pokemon without sustaining a single hit from an offensive move!

Conditions: You may use any level Pokemon, but it's expected that you use level 100 Pokemon
Any Pokemon is okay, even emulation hacks.
If a pokemon sustains ONE hit from an offensive maneuver (during a Gym Leader Battle), you may no longer use it. If you're using six Slakings and they all get hit, you must try again from the PC. On this note, it's ideal to use the DeSmuMe Emulator, due to its multi-save function.

Trivial Matter: Save slot at the PC, and if you get blundered, load the recently saved data and act as if you'd whited (or as they FINALLY started saying, Blacked) out. You mmay challenge the leader again, but you must restart when your team has become perfectly imperfect.

Terminology:
Speed-through - OHKO each Leader Pokemon
Edinburgh - Using actual Shedinja - easiestestest way to do this
Stunfisk'd - When your Pokemon actually does Faint (Still Derpin' up your forums)
Objection! - Hardcore mode - if you sustain a SINGLE hit on any Pokemon, you must retry the gym. Also, the one hit fainting rule also applies to regular trainers! (Yep, Phoenix Wright.)
Kanto Killstreak - Perform the challenge in Kanto without being defeated once in Objection!
Johto Gype'd - Perform the Objection! challenge in Johto without a single loss
Hoenn Honed - Perform the Objection! challenge in Hoenn without a single loss
Sinnoh Scintillation - Perform the Objection! challenge in Sinnoh without a single loss
Unova Pride - Perform the Objection! challenge in Unova without a single loss OR ANY PREVIOUS GENERATION POKEMON
Unova Ultra - Perform the Unova Objection! challenge without a single loss

Achievement rankings:
Kanto Killstreak - 100 Gamerscore
Johto Gype'd - 125 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Scintillation - 150 Gamerscore
Unova Ultra - 175 Gamerscore
Unova Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Kanto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Johto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Hoenn Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Get Stunfisk'd - 0 Gamerscore
Shinobi - 50 Gamerscore (Edinburgh all the way)
Power-Player - 100 Gamerscore (Speed-through all the way)
Badger - 100 Gamerscore (Objection! Completion)
Skillful Nerd - 500 Gamerscore (Get all the Regional Achieveements)
I Own Everything - 500 Gamerscore (Get all other Achievements)

TotalPossible: 2,800 Gamerscore
If you get all the Gamerscore, you get good kudos.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.

Well thank you :3

And I hadn't planned to use just Team Plasma, that was just my example.
Hint: reread everything in that post ;3
Well, I might consider making that challenge then.
Holloween Challenge sounds... interesting. Perhaps it would have something to do with a Ghost/Dark type challenge/theme/something?

@Shea Man - Sounds interesting but... well, I don't know if I'd make that :S Who knows? Maybe.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I have to admit, just thinking about a halloween challenge makes me excited. So many possibilities, probably soemthing like nakuzami said, dark and ghost types.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
lol Nobody wants to do my Shedinja sans Wonder Guard Challenge.

I'm too far into my White version game on DeSmuMe to care about anything else ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm itching to get the Halloween challenge started also, guys! I'm hoping you'll like the way the teams have to be set up. It took me a while to think of it too, lol. I will give you a spoiler though, but only since you've already guessed it...you are required to use a Ghost-type. Which is great for me, because I love Ghosts.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ohh looks like I came at the right time. Maybe a challenge where all Pokemon have to be ghost, dark types or have to be in the monster or amorphous egg groups.

I haven't being doing many challenges recently. I did get some of my Nuzlocke done in history however because my teacher said we could go on our laptops why he tried to get a documentary to play, it took him 45 minutes. Also I must beat Syd in my Hall of Fame Challenge.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Heh, random idea inspired by something I'm trying to do on PF.

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?

Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.

Syd, that would be the Character Challenge. Not sure if it's still alive or not, but I've seen it.
EDIT: Just checked, it's still alive. Last post was September 20th.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm alive. :3 I haven't been around in a while, but yeah. School. ;-; I just finished my Challoween challenge, so I suppose I should finish my Character challenge soon.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
hey guys well this is an idea of a challenge and i wana know what you guys think of it

it is a challenge which consists of 6 different leagues:
leagues 1-5 are: 1- kanto, 2-johto, 3-hoenn, 4-sinnoh, and 5-unova
these five leagues will consist of you building a team with pokemon only from that region
e.g kanto team - blastoise, pidgeot, vileplume, raichu, arcanine and alakazam
johto team - typhlosion, tyranitar, politoed, sunflora, steelix and togetic
and so one for each region.
for the sixth region you can use any pokemon from any region in your team.

how this would work is by on your game your using e.g. pokemon black you would use the team from the league
your participating in say kanto them you can hack in or trade the pokemon for your team.
and you would battle and train up to the first gym leader beat him/her and then you would save your game
(don't carry on with the game)
as you would go onto wifi and battle a gym leader for the challenge (one of our gym leaders)
and then once you have beaten the gym leader you may continue on with your game until you have beaten the 2nd and 3rd
and so on, and beat our gym leaders.

the gym leaders for that region will only use on type for that gym
they will put up their team and the level on the challenge thread thats about it
also they can have 3 different typed teams of their choice from that region to use.
the battles would be as followed gym leaders 1- 4 3 vs 3 battles
gym leaders 5 - 7 4 vs 4 battles
gym leader 8 5 vs 5
elite four and champion 6 vs 6 battle

for gym leaders if you fail to beat them you can go back to the area before the gym leader battle in your game and train
(you CANNOT go further than the gym to train)

their pokemon will be similar levels to the gym leaders, elite four and champion from that region
also a prize would be given out for each person who beats a region.
and also people would be needed to be gym leaders, elite four and champions

sooo.. that's all i got soo far guys n girls so what you think?

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Thats a pretty good idea.
Though i cant particicpate 'cause im doing Rivals challenge on white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back