• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think I'm the only person who is thinking froakie might become a water/flying type. I just think his back looks like clouds so it would make sense. I know that leaves him a 4x weakness but the fluffy white back leaves me wondering. They could be bubbles or foam but I don't know. Fennekin being fire/psychic would be cool. I have no idea on chespin. His design is adorable but confusing on possible types.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I voted for Chespin. I always like water starter pokemon but I dont know why this time I like a grass Pokemon. LoL!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

As long as Chespin doesn't get Grass/Dark and Fennekin Fire/Fighting I'll be happy. Grass/Dark will hinder Chespin greatly in competitive play, giving it a additional weakness to fighting and a 4x weakness to Bug, which id not helpful when U-Turn is so common. I think Fire/Fighting was a great concept with Blaziken, my personal favourite starter evo, but it's gotten old after 3 generations. Don't really mind about Froakie, can't think of any typings I wouldn't be happy with for him.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm someone who goes after the grass-type starters first. My first impression of Chespin was...not so well. To me it looks like a tanned Dewott in a Snivy costume. I'm still trying to figure out why it has some kind of hat on its head. Or whatever it is. As I am posting this, it is starting to grow on me. It's typical at first, but I'll give it time.

Fennekin is just simply ADORABLE. I like foxes, and Fennekin might just beat out my other favorite fox Pokemon Ninetales & Vulpix. I'm really curious about this Pokemon's later evolutions. I hope it's majestic, and I REALLY hope it doesn't turn out to be a fire-fighting starter, or I will be disappoint.

I'm not a fan of Froakie, so I'll be staying away from that Pokemon. It's a huge disapointment from last generation when we had Oshawott. I hope this Pokemon has a good evolution line, then we'll talk. :P

I posted that in my alt but I want to say that my opinion changed. I'm gonna go for Chespin this time. Even though we *still* haven't found out what their evolutions are, I still want a grass-type starter on my team. Chespin looks so badass and you gotta adore its cuteness it has!

Reason why I decided to change my mind was because well..most peeps are going to name their Fennekin the "Firefox" and I'm one of them, so I think I'll just opt-out. xD

I have this gut feeling Chespin's evos might get grass/fighting but idk. Grass/Dark sounds like a pretty cool combo imo.

blue

gucci
Years
Well we have CoroCoro leaking just before the airing of Pokémon Smash, so if CoroCoro covers the Starter Evolutions prior to the Smash episode then I'm certain Smash will cover what CoroCoro revealed but in further detail with a couple of gameplay trailers.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but, there is a somewhat pattern going on with the starters. Gen 4 had Empoleon, which quite obviously is designed after Napoleon Bonaparte. Gen 5 came along and we got Serperior, a starter, that shares some similarities with Louis XVI(The Sun King). Both of these have shared similarities with Historical French leaders. This could mean Fennekin follows this trend(Fire is the only starter that hasn't been covered). I'm not too knowledgeable on French Monarchs, so is there any French Queen, that you feel could inspire Fennekin?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but, there is a somewhat pattern going on with the starters. Gen 4 had Empoleon, which quite obviously is designed after Napoleon Bonaparte. Gen 5 came along and we got Serperior, a starter, that shares some similarities with Louis XVI(The Sun King). Both of these have shared similarities with Historical French leaders. This could mean Fennekin follows this trend(Fire is the only starter that hasn't been covered). I'm not too knowledgeable on French Monarchs, so is there any French Queen, that you feel could inspire Fennekin?

Marie Antoinette! haha... Let them eat fire.

Years
I'm gonna cheat by saying that I'll take one, and ask the others to make babies of the starters I don't have and trade them these ones :P

Honestly though I'll take the grass/dark (if it truly is dark in later evolutions) ... I always have a soft spots for dark ones :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I would really like Chespin to be Grass/Dark (like Sceptile should have been imo) and if it is, I would pick it. I usually go with fire starters but Fennekin doesn't appeal to me in the same way that most fire starters do, for some reason. It looks too fragile I guess :3 Froakie might be my favorite out of the unevolved starters in terms of design, but I usually don't pick water starters since there are so many other interesting water pokémon to have on my team. So Chespin, if its evolutions are up to par with expectations ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would really like Chespin to be Grass/Dark (like Sceptile should have been imo) and if it is, I would pick it. I usually go with fire starters but Fennekin doesn't appeal to me in the same way that most fire starters do, for some reason. It looks too fragile I guess :3 Froakie might be my favorite out of the unevolved starters in terms of design, but I usually don't pick water starters since there are so many other interesting water pokémon to have on my team. So Chespin, if its evolutions are up to par with expectations ;)
Sceptile came off as more Grass/Dragon to me xD

I'll like Chespin to be Grass/Rock as it's a better combo imo.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
The second stages are usually nothing special to write home about and this is no exception. I'm still looking at Chespin, but I won't make my final decision until I see the final Evolutions. The Snivy line though is an example. Serperior ended up being my favorite Unova Starter but I don't think I've disliked a Pokemon evolution more than I've disliked Servine.

Last edited:
Years
All the hate Chespin got after they revealed his second stage :( Makes me sad. I'll still go to get Fennekin, although I am having a tough time choosing cause I love Froakie too ~_~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
All the hate Chespin got after they revealed his second stage :( Makes me sad. I'll still go to get Fennekin, although I am having a tough time choosing cause I love Froakie too ~_~
Yeah. For all we know Chespin's final evolution could be the Samurrot of the generation, the best looking one...or it could be Froakie...even though I perfer Fennekin's line I want them too all look cool.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It feels like Gen 5 has been repeated for me on terms of starter evolutions.
Chespin was my favorite and Froakie my least favorite but with the second evolutions they have been switched. It all depends on the final evolution for me, however, so once I see those I'll be able to make my final decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back