• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
he already put up a new patch. try it out. :)

edit...
btw, I caught myself a Palkia, so er, yay?

Last edited:

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Wow... Just... wow. O_O

My standards are pretty high for hacks, considering that most of them have a generic storyline with some edited dialogs and sprites. But this one has piqued my interest. And I love your mapping. Really, it's so decorative.

I'll download the Beta later and then tell you exactly what the glitches are. Ah, and I'll give you a pretty good review too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
good storyline but it does not look like much has changes alright i know that the story line has changes and ect but when oak opens up the game and the person u play sprite looks the same shudent you change it to give the new effect to the game

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
he already put up a new patch. try it out. :)

edit...
btw, I caught myself a Palkia, so er, yay?
Yeah sorry, I uploaded another patch with that bug fixed but I didn't make a post about it.

Wow... Just... wow. O_O

My standards are pretty high for hacks, considering that most of them have a generic storyline with some edited dialogs and sprites. But this one has piqued my interest. And I love your mapping. Really, it's so decorative.

I'll download the Beta later and then tell you exactly what the glitches are. Ah, and I'll give you a pretty good review too.
Thanks a lot!

good storyline but it does not look like much has changes alright i know that the story line has changes and ect but when oak opens up the game and the person u play sprite looks the same shudent you change it to give the new effect to the game
Those bits and the original tiles are about the only things that are the same, the storyline is much darker and will force you to make decisions based on your morals. I won't be changing the tiles but I will be adding tiles which have a FR/LG look made by Fanking Omega. The Oak dialog will stay the same I think theres really no need to change it, the sprites will be made and inserted eventually but as I have already said I'm not the best spriter so it'll take me a long time to do.

I think it looks neat, and it looks like you guys are progressing nicely.
Thanks, I actually sent the beta to Roddy for beta testing but maybe he didn't get it because I got no reply.

I see a wonderful mod! I hope you can make it til the end.
Thanks, I'll definitely try my best. It's been going for a while now so I think I probably will.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I just downloaded the rom.When I battle Ivy she becomes Mike and has a level 34 Whiscash.
I've re-uploaded the new beta.

I really don't know what to say except sorry. I guess I was just so caught up in trying to get this beta out before the end of the school holidays I didn't check my work when I made changes. I'm pretty sure that at least everything up to the last city will work, but I doubt there are any bugs there. What happened was after I re-did all the scripts I decided to make some moddifcations to the scripts in the beginning so they would be on par with my new scripts, obviously I didn't test them out which was a huge mistake, I guess I just got a little cocky...

Well anyway if anyone still cares you can download the new fixed beta (I know it's the 4th one in 2 days). Glitches aside, (and hopefully there are none now) it's pretty fun, at least I think so.

EDIT: You don't have to start a new game just do what you do with ShinyGold betas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Solid game so far. A couple random things that I've found that you might want to look at:

Game freezes whenever a pokemon evolves (either the emulator turns black, or the screen freezes after it evolves).

The Toxic TM that you find (TM06, I think) can be picked up unlimited times. As fun as it was to:

1. Pick up unlimited Toxics
2. Teach all pokemon Toxic
3. Sell remaining TMs
4. ?
5. Profit!

I thought I should probably let you know about it. I'll let you know if I find anything else. I'd like you to look at the evolving one, because it's not as fun stopping evolutions after every level, and having weak pokemon. Still a great beta so far, though.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Whao whoa whoa?? Why did I fiind Palkia's in Route 1?
... OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! A LV50 PLAKIA... Sorry overreaction... :)

You have an old beta. Download the new one and load the saved state.

Solid game so far. A couple random things that I've found that you might want to look at:

Game freezes whenever a pokemon evolves (either the emulator turns black, or the screen freezes after it evolves).

The Toxic TM that you find (TM06, I think) can be picked up unlimited times. As fun as it was to:

1. Pick up unlimited Toxics
2. Teach all pokemon Toxic
3. Sell remaining TMs
4. ?
5. Profit!

I thought I should probably let you know about it. I'll let you know if I find anything else. I'd like you to look at the evolving one, because it's not as fun stopping evolutions after every level, and having weak pokemon. Still a great beta so far, though.

The thing with evolving is really weird I just tried it and you are right, I'm not sure what happened actually. I'll try to find out what might have caused it. *Fixed

Where is the Toxic TM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Where is the Toxic TM?

My bad, it's found on Route 03. Apparently if you leave the route and enter back, it does go away. I had already picked it up like 8 times though.

Edit: Game freezes before entering Route 03 from Latim City in the new beta.

Edit2: Also, is Ampharos going to be unable to learn Thunderpunch? He's supposed to learn it at level 30 (when Flaafy and Mareep never learn it), but since Flaafy doesn't evolve until 36, it's already too late.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
My bad, it's found on Route 03. Apparently if you leave the route and enter back, it does go away. I had already picked it up like 8 times though.

Edit: Game freezes before entering Route 03 from Latim City in the new beta.

Edit2: Also, is Ampharos going to be unable to learn Thunderpunch? He's supposed to learn it at level 30 (when Flaafy and Mareep never learn it), but since Flaafy doesn't evolve until 36, it's already too late.

The first two are fixed, I've uploaded the beta again. I don't know if I'm gonna change it yet, the Mareep line learns good moves already and you can always get it via a TM but I might change it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2009
I found a bug. When I walk into Latim city, from the west entrance past the three trees the game freezes and I can't move but the rain continues to fall.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I found a bug. When I walk into Latim city, from the west entrance past the three trees the game freezes and I can't move but the rain continues to fall.
Thats been fixed, download the new beta.

So, anyone finished it yet?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
There's a glitch with the girl on Route 04 that has the three meowths. Whenever you beat her, her sprite gets all messed up and you can no longer move...

Edit: A Houndour just roared me on the same route, and the same thing happened (only some random trainer's sprite got messed up)

Edit2: Now whenever I continue my game, the same thing happens, so I can't continue...I uploaded a picture of it:

I don't know if I'm gonna change it yet, the Mareep line learns good moves already and you can always get it via a TM but I might change it.

Yeah, if you could fix that it would be pretty cool, because a level 38 Ampharos whose best move is thundershock is kind of weak. Does it ever learn thunderbolt (or is there a TM that teaches it that?) Teaching thunderpunch to him with a TM would be fine too, as long as the TM can be bought (can it, and where?)

Last edited:
Back