• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Apexin Version

Which is a better game name? (Most votes will change the game name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Ah, so that's why there haven't been any updates xD I understand that :P

Anyway, I've tried my best - sorry that the map is in FR/LG style, but I don't have the tilesets you're using. You can just use this as a mold to recreate R601 with the tilesets you're using (If you like it, that is).
R601.png

As you can see, the map is a lot smaller (41 x 25), which makes it harder to have "empty space".
The rectangle tool hasn't been used on this map. The road and grass (Areas that the player can walk on) are a random shape, instead of "hallway-like" box, if you know what I mean.
And last, but not least, maps need to have more than 2 colors (especially if those 2 colors are 2 different shades of green). Just a few red flowers and brown stones make the map better looking and "complicated".

I really hope this helps... if you like it, that is :\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) And I'm building my game in FR/LG style, so I don't really need the tilesets, but thanks anyway :P

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
Years
I just want to say that the game looks good so far. If I had any complaints, it would be nothing since most people before me have already pointed them out.

Anyways, I hope you get more members to work on your game. Sorry if what I had to say was a bit useless / bland for you. orz

Last edited:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
I just want to say that the game looks good so far. If I had any complaints, it would be nothing since most people before me have already pointed them out.

Anyways, I hope you get more members to work on your game. Sorry if what I had to say was a bit useless / bland for you. orz

No No I just did not feel like replying to stuff at that moment. XD It was useful. I liked it but nothing will be near any special areas (Maybe)

~Angel~

Years
I got a bunch done yesterday with the internet being out :D I have figured out my problem about B/W pokemon not following, I made and finished more maps :D and a bunch more.

~Angel~

Years
So I got more to reveal about the story line. There are protecters of legendary pokemon. Each assigned by type (Some by the way they act.) Spoilers about specific people click if you want to see.
Spoiler:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
What is thee base ROM for this?
Also, will it be GBA ROM or DS ROM?

This isn't a ROM hack. Look at the thread you are in next time. It makes developers very angry when you call their fangame a ROM hack, since making fangames with RMXP/Gamemaker/etc. requires a bit more skill.

~Angel~

Years
This isn't a ROM hack. Look at the thread you are in next time. It makes developers very angry when you call their fangame a ROM hack, since making fangames with RMXP/Gamemaker/etc. requires a bit more skill.

Thanks for telling him that. My internet was out so I was un-able to view my stuff until it came back.

~Angel~

Years
So sense I have officially given up on online battling. I am now going to work on the game more. I might sway away still but I have time and I am going to use it. I also have high school starting up at the end of August so I have to start buckling down when that comes up. So updates will be slim. If the work is not done I get after school so I will have to do work first. But I do have another update. Mostly ALL the trainer battles have been re-added into the game! Some maps HAD to be made bigger :C Which caused that space to look empty but I filled it with grass. All the connections are made. I have to work on the Metadata. And I still have no clue how to make the starting over switch send me home. Which I wish I could figure it out but I still cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back