• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yay storyline! I love it when hacks differ from the badge formula. This one seems especially mature, I'm loving it so far!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Your Image Didn't Load. Fix Please :)

Alright I fixed it and it is now available for viewing!

Yay storyline! I love it when hacks differ from the badge formula. This one seems especially mature, I'm loving it so far!

I'm glad you like it, there are some more plot elements that will make it better than what it seems already.

Le pug

Years
Two Three new banners for the hack:

EZlhKr2.png

PXBtSzk.png

MQLrB.gif

As for updates, we are currently working on the next two in-game events and have decided to keep the hack as Ruby.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The scripting looks well done, and the story definitely sounds alluring. I'm a bit worried about the mapping and the tiles though, the map you posted here has a number of no-nos, such as simple paths, blocks of trees and narrow pathways. The multicoloured tress also look off.

Wish you all the best, maybe consider some new tiles, and with it some edits to your current outside maps.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hey, it's Tcoppy. Uh, I'm on Team Discovery and I thought (with the permission of Le Pug) I would let you in on a very important feature.

This feature is called Level of Will, we call it LOW for short. If you have played Darkcry: Legend of Giratina, it may remind you of Karma.

LOW is, well, throughout the game you will be making a lot choices. The choices you make will change the story a little bit but it will still lead to the same ending, and will give you a reputation. There will be perks. If you have a high LOW (highest level 10), which you get from good choices (usually will +.1 or so points), you will recieve a very special pokemon, you will get pokemart discounts in good villages (which are most of the villages), you will be battled constantly, and the Renegade Company hates you, . If you have a low LOW (lowest level 0), which you get from bad choices (usually will -.2 or so points), pokemarts from bad villages will give you discounts, you will not be battled constantly, and instead of a very special pokemon, you get very special balls that will allow you to catch other people's pokemon. You start out at level 5.

Another thing is that if you fight someone in a bad village and have a high LOW, you will be in transported to a good village. Vice versa if you have a low LOW.

So that's all I'm going to say about LOW so I won't make a mistake and spoil something. Any questions or comments about LOW?

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
The scripting looks well done, and the story definitely sounds alluring. I'm a bit worried about the mapping and the tiles though, the map you posted here has a number of no-nos, such as simple paths, blocks of trees and narrow pathways. The multicoloured tress also look off.

Wish you all the best, maybe consider some new tiles, and with it some edits to your current outside maps.

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

Could you elaborate a little more for me, giving a description of what you mean by simple paths? I am trying to add as much detail as possible to have it look more realistic, are you saying I should add more grass tiles? As for the block of trees, I can't really see what you mean because the entire map is pretty much just trees, simply because you arrive on shore, and you go into a forest where I wanted it to have a lot of trees and very little spacing for the pathways because it's suppose to be that no one has been there before. As for the trees, I agree with the colors looking a little off. Do you think I should change the colors of them or just use new trees in general?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hope this helps :) I've circled some things and been a bit more helpful, hopefully

Spoiler:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Any specific conditions you'd like to see?

Generally, I'm curious to see the gameplay's checkpoints. Normally, it's gym battles along with major storyline events. However, in an environment such as the Navy there's a lot to explore like going up in rank or deployment missions. Or, even becoming a SEAL.

Hey, it's Tcoppy. Uh, I'm on Team Discovery and I thought (with the permission of Le Pug) I would let you in on a very important feature.

This feature is called Level of Will, we call it LOW for short. If you have played Darkcry: Legend of Giratina, it may remind you of Karma.

LOW is, well, throughout the game you will be making a lot choices. The choices you make will change the story a little bit but it will still lead to the same ending, and will give you a reputation. There will be perks. If you have a high LOW (highest level 10), which you get from good choices (usually will +.1 or so points), you will recieve a very special pokemon, you will get pokemart discounts in good villages (which are most of the villages), you will be battled constantly, and the Renegade Company hates you, . If you have a low LOW (lowest level 0), which you get from bad choices (usually will -.2 or so points), pokemarts from bad villages will give you discounts, you will not be battled constantly, and instead of a very special pokemon, you get very special balls that will allow you to catch other people's pokemon. You start out at level 5.

Another thing is that if you fight someone in a bad village and have a high LOW, you will be in transported to a good village. Vice versa if you have a low LOW.

So that's all I'm going to say about LOW so I won't make a mistake a spoil something. Any questions or comments about LOW?

Quite interesting.

Le pug

Years
Hope this helps :) I've circled some things and been a bit more helpful, hopefully

Spoiler:

Yes, this is very informative and very helpful. Thank you for the time you put in to this and I will definitely be revising the map, possibly changing the ruby trees into new trees (don't really like the ruby trees anyways)

Generally, I'm curious to see the gameplay's checkpoints. Normally, it's gym battles along with major storyline events. However, in an environment such as the Navy there's a lot to explore like going up in rank or deployment missions. Or, even becoming a SEAL.

Well I can already go ahead and spoil the fact that we aren't doing gym battles, in the sense that you're not battling just to get badges. Instead of badges, they will be apart of the story and something you NEED to get if you want to get off the land. The quest of the story is figuring out how to get off the land and overcoming any obstacles that are presented to you.

I'm not really sure about going up in rank, though it's a nice idea, but for the story I don't see how it would benefit the player when we already have a leveling system, Level of Will (LOW).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Playing as a sailor is unique and the plot seems to be different than the others out there!:)

SzMSb75.png

I love the scenery, I hope the other screens will be better in actual game play.

I'm looking forward to this hack, don't disappoint us!
High expectations here!{:3}{:3}{:3}

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
However, in an environment such as the Navy there's a lot to explore like going up in rank or deployment missions. Or, even becoming a SEAL.
I do like the idea of going up the ranks, but like Le Pug said, we do not see it effecting the story in a way like LOW is.

Playing as a sailor is unique and the plot seems to be different than the others out there!:)
Trust me, there is so much more we are not telling you guys.

Just so anyone who views this thread, I have made a team recruitment thread for Pokemon Discovery and I am in charge of that thread with some help from Le Pug (NOT THIS THREAD!!).
So expect to see a team thread at team discussions when Dr. Fuji or Gira accept it. :)

Last edited:

Le pug

Years

I love the scenery, I hope the other screens will be better in actual game play.

I'm looking forward to this hack, don't disappoint us!
High expectations here!{:3}{:3}{:3}

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. We are also constantly revamping the images, such as the one you listed so expect it to be brighter and more detailed!

Also :t201-t::t201-t:

dat stress you put on me haha
Don't worry, it'll be great and you'll love it. Everything is being customized.

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Well I can already go ahead and spoil the fact that we aren't doing gym battles, in the sense that you're not battling just to get badges. Instead of badges, they will be apart of the story and something you NEED to get if you want to get off the land. The quest of the story is figuring out how to get off the land and overcoming any obstacles that are presented to you.

I'm not really sure about going up in rank, though it's a nice idea, but for the story I don't see how it would benefit the player when we already have a leveling system, Level of Will (LOW).

Fair enough. You're right too. Being stranded on an island, there would be no power to ranking up or following a chain of command.

I do like the idea of going up the ranks, but like Le Pug said, we do not see it effecting the story in a way like LOW is.

Once again, fair enough. I'm a little ticked. I'm a bit of a Navy enthusiast and love to see it in a Pokemon Hack, so it's a bummer.

However, I'm more so a proponent of good storytelling and I can't see its purpose in a stranded situation. But, I am definitely curious as to what those checkpoints will be.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Just so anyone who views this thread, I have made a team recruitment thread for Pokemon Discovery and I am in charge of that thread with some help from Le Pug (NOT THIS THREAD!!).
So expect to see a team thread at team discussions when Dr. Fuji and Gira accept it. :)

Are you looking for people to help with this or is it just a thread for discussion?

Le pug

Years
Fair enough. You're right too. Being stranded on an island, there would be no power to ranking up or following a chain of command.

Once again, fair enough. I'm a little ticked. I'm a bit of a Navy enthusiast and love to see it in a Pokemon Hack, so it's a bummer.

However, I'm more so a proponent of good storytelling and I can't see its purpose in a stranded situation. But, I am definitely curious as to what those checkpoints will be.

Well if it helps your Navy enthusiasm, I'm actually IN the US Navy so I have a lot of knowledge in that department. Yes, I will be implementing naval terminology every once and awhile and yes there will be naval events. Even more, there will be a lot of sailors you battle since they are stranded on the land too and will do anything to take your food rations!

Are you looking for people to help with this or is it just a thread for discussion?

The team discussions thread will be for those who want to apply to be on the team or who have questions unrelated to the story or information posted on this thread.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
The team discussions thread will be for those who want to apply to be on the team or who have questions unrelated to the story or information posted on this thread.

Oh awesome. I'll probably apply, honestly I've never made one of these before, but its easier to start with some friendly people rather than being clueless alone. If you do accept my help I'll try my best to make it on par with all the other awesome stuff your doing.

Le pug

Years
Oh awesome. I'll probably apply, honestly I've never made one of these before, but its easier to start with some friendly people rather than being clueless alone. If you do accept my help I'll try my best to make it on par with all the other awesome stuff your doing.

Sounds good, the thread should be up sometime today (hopefully). There are several positions to apply for when it's up so I'm sure you can help with something and become apart of PDT :]

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Sounds good, the thread should be up sometime today (hopefully). There are several positions to apply for when it's up so I'm sure you can help with something and become apart of PDT :]

Awesome, cant wait lol. Should be fun to help.

Le pug

Years
Just gonna go ahead and throw it out there now, there will be some fakemon in the mix, after all.. Each region has their own Pokemon for the most part, and since this is the discovery of Pokemon, I'd feel anything is possible and so it is, but don't worry the Fakemon will look great. Also introducing some pre-evos and evos including: a pre-evo for kacleon, evo for snorlax, Evo for altaria, banette Evo, relicanth Evo, farfetch'd evo, and more to come.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
This is promising, can't wait to see the development of this hack :)

Back