• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
hey guys nothin new yet! grrrrr! congrats to every one that got a shiny! im prolly going after zangoose first because i think it looks cooler! well good luck to everyone on there hunts!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow lol lots of posts. Heh anyways I did a combined 16 hours of SRing for Uxie this weekend. No luck though. Onto tomorrow, 9th day. Also been hunting treecko on sapphire but no luck. I think I will also get into fishing for a shiny for the 3rd leg of the circuit. I may be the farthest ahead in it. Though I doubt very many people are still going for it xD Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Howdy.

Well my computer decided to break on my again, I think were going to get a new one from the insurance so if that happens I wouldn't expect to be back for another month or so.

While I've been away I've been abusing the pokéradar (well only last night and this morning) and managed to get two more shinys.

Smoochum; chain 39. I hate how it looks so plain so I threw on a rare candy and made it a Jynx. The worst part is that it has an adamant nature D:

Krabby; chain 34. Caught it this morning, chain broke just after I got it. I think it has a bashful nature, not really helpfull.

Will get pics up when my computer works.

D_S: I lol'd at the unknown.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm soft resetting for Kyogre and looking for some good Dittos, currently. They refuse to have flawless SAtk with the desired nature...

I don't mean to gloat, but when shiny Kyogre appears on my Sapphire, I'll be pretty ready for it. My shiny Scizor is up first, and it should be able to get Kyogre down to 1 HP in 3 turns unless I get a critical hit, which is even better. Depending on how much Calm Minds Kyogre has at the time, I will either sacrifice my shiny Charizard or switch straight to Ducky ("my" Golduck, my cousin bred it and traded it to me as a present). It will then put Kyogre to sleep with Hypnosis. While Kyogre is asleep, Ducky will CM up so that Ice Beam and Hydro Pump do squat. It can also use Flash (-_-) so that Kyogre misses most of its attacks. From there, I'll just keep making it fall asleep with Hypnosis until it is captured in a Net or Nest Ball. I really wouldn't mind catch it in a Master Ball either since shiny Kyogre actually matches with the Master Ball's opening animation.

I'll resume soft resetting for Bulbasaur once I'm done with a new batch of Ditto. Resets for Bulbasaur will be done simultaneously with Kyogre. Good luck, everyone.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
ill join i like shinies i have 18 or so shinies and am currently resetting for a bulbasuar probably maybe charmander depends which is better any tips?

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
i have beat the elite four and was looking round Wayward cave, mostly because i wanted an earthquake tm for Dialga, i might actually, concentrate on its speed in ev training o0.

Now as i was leaveing the cave i entered a battle with gible, i already caught one as i was wandering around for the eartquake tm so yeah Garchomp for me ^^

What was startling is the fact the gible was in fact shiny, and im battling it right now, recording the battle on my phone, video will be up shortly.

I am getting my friends torterra in exchange for my infernape so i can start hatching Turtwigs and hopefully get one in shiny like i orriginally planned when it was revealed Congratsulations on your new shinies and good luck in all hunts.

Gibbo, i would chain pidgy its golden when shiny o0

EDIT: Video is up on youtube ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFYGZn2Oi0

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
ill join i like shinies i have 18 or so shinies and am currently resetting for a bulbasuar probably maybe charmander depends which is better any tips?
I say soft reset for Squirtle. It looks good, and not many people have it. If not, go for Charizard; it easily looks the best of the three. The only tips I can give you are to soft reset whenever you can and DON'T GIVE UP!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Gibbo, i would chain pidgy its golden when shiny o0
Yeah maybe, now that I finished up the Pokemon League in Emerald and am trying something really stupid I'll start playing Pearl and chaining once again.
Congrats on shiny Gible, I have the worst luck trying to get any shines via others means than chaining or soft resetting, it looks awesome. :D

Ok so about that stupid thing, you all know how in Emerald after you beat the League eventually you choose which Lati you get? Well because of that I'm guessing their values aren't present at the beginning of the game like they are for R/S, which means I could probably soft reset for it shiny. Yeah but each soft reset takes like a few hours to run into it using the method found on the FAQ in the GBA section, so this might take awhile...
But it's the only way for me to try and get a shiny Lati since I can't get the Eon ticket. :(

Oh and Brawl, I see that you're soft resetting for Suicune, is there any method that you use to encounter it faster?

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm soft resetting for it on Colosseum. However, I've soft reset for Latios the same way you are doing. What I did was that I just kept flying to Mauville over and over again until Latios was on an adjacent route. Once it was in one of the four routes, I just went to a different one and hoped for it to turn up in the same spot. It helps to already have Latios in your dex, so that you can locate it without actually having it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Oh yeah, that makes sense.
Damn I should've thought about this beforehand, and also wish I still had my ruby verison.

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
you guess oh my god im so happy on my pearl i was just walking round and i found a zangoose shiny.i was looking but not fa shiny one im so happy.wooow.and if someone helps me ill post screenies.now my eyes are set on a water shiny whoop.

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
im not using the radar to find zangoose and seviper anymore! i just restarted my emerald and im now sring 4 mudkip! well wish me luck and good luck to everyone on there hunts!

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while, I've been really busy and haven't been able to play any of my games at all. So I have no new Shinies, but I can now get on wifi every once in a while because my cousin has wifi at his house now. My cousin may want to join later, his screen name is UGAtyler07. See ya later.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Ok, meanwhile the whole Latios thing, I've decided to chain for Snorunt, it'll be harder with the weather conditions on the route, but hey it's a challenge.

Congrats on your shiny Zangoosee rapid whalelord.

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
good luck gibbo ull need it its hard to chain were ur at!ol! well so far ive done about 200 srings 4 mudkip no luck yet im hopping 4 one by the end of the week so i can continue my game! well good luck everyone!

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
This is a random question, but has anybody let a shiny go without catching it?
My friend a few years back ran from a Shiny Tailow

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
umm if anyone has there insane! and ur freind must be weird to run from a shiny but sometimes its on pure accident! me i have never ran from a shiny! but other people idk?

Back